After the kitchen, the bathroom is one of the most focal places in your home. It’s the one place you get into and come out not only relaxed but also refreshed after a nice shower. However, reports of fatal accidents have been reported due to slips in the bathroom. This is the reason why a bath mat is a must-have in your water sanctuary.
Bathroom rugs help to drip away excess water after a shower which helps keep the bathroom dry. It’s also heavenly to step out of a wash and your feet lands on a fluffy bath mat. Thus, bathroom mats are no longer all about security but designers have embraced the aesthetic value that they bring to your bathroom space.
Out there are rugs of different shapes, colors, and sizes which makes it quite daunting to pick the ideal one for your needs. However, allow us to indulge you in a selection of some of the best bath mats available in the market and hopefully, you will find an ideal match.
Top 10 Bath Mats Of 2019 Reviewed
1. AmazonBasics Non-Slip Memory Foam BathBest For Busy Bathrooms
Stepping out of the shower has never felt so good with this memory-foam bath mat that makes you experience a spa-like sensation once you land on it. The thick interior comfortably cushions your feet while providing a dry place to stand on after a shower. The exterior is made of super-absorbent microfiber which quickly soaks up the water like a sponge.
Another amazing thing about this mat is the superfast speed at which it dries which makes it great for a busy household where lots of showers are taken each day. The mat is machine-washable and you just need to throw it into the washing machine, add a liquid detergent and tumble dry. It also has seams on the edges which makes it compact and easy to store. The bath mat comes in a selection of four beautiful colors; sage, gray, dark brown and beige which fit in with most bathrooms.
- Super absorbent
- Fast drying
- Machine washable
- The underside is poorly constructed
- Maybe a headache to clean
- May take time to dry after washing
2. Genteele Memory Foam Bathroom RugsBest For Luxurious Bathrooms
With beautiful embossed patterns on top, this mat has been designed to exude luxury in your bathroom. It has a soft plush feel where your feet sink into and immediately feel pampered. The rug is also quick drying and its underside has PVC dots to prevent skidding making it ideal even for kid’s bathroom.
Better yet, it’s multipurpose and can be placed at the side of your bathtub, at the sink or anywhere your toes need pampering as you stand. It comes in 5 luxurious colors; beige, black, navy, gray and teal.
- Beautiful embossed patterns
- A bit thick for low clearance doors
- Quite small
- Doesn’t dry quickly after washing
3. Magnificent Bath Mat Non Slip Absorbent Velvet Bathroom RugBest For Bath Tubs
When you want luxury and elegance in your bathroom, this is the bath mat you should go for. Not only does it feel great under your feet but it also has non-slip skip resistant construction which makes it safe to step on when wet. It also has memory foam cushioning which helps pamper your feet as you get dry.
It’s also made of natural and hypoallergenic materials which are friendly even to kids. You can easily wash it in a machine and lay it out to quickly dry outside. It’s also specially designed to relieve feet fatigue after a long day’s work. It comes in only two colors; grey and chocolate.
- Relieves feet fatigue
- Quick drying
- Machine washable
- Limited color range
- Small in size
- Few complaints of retaining water
4. Yimobra Original Memory Foam Bath MatBest For Large Bathrooms
For those with a large bathroom space, then this lengthy and luxurious bathroom mat will be a perfect fit. At 31.5 X 19.8 Inches, this bathroom carpet will provide a wide area to support your body after a bath. Made of cozy memory foam, it’s thick and cushy making it perfect for your feet. It has a soft velvet layer on top which feels like heaven under your feet.
With a selection of eight amazing colors, you will be spoilt of choice between bright warm colors and dull earth colors. Better yet, the colors do not fade even after washing and drying them in your washing machine. Underneath, the bath carpet is designed with PVC dots which help prevent shifting and skidding when you step on it. To assure you of quality, the manufacturer has given you a 10-year warranty.
- Super cozy
- Comes with a 10-year warranty
- Wide color range
- May collect fluffs
- Not ideal for small bathroom spaces
- Complaints of colors being off
5. Luxe Rug Plush Bathroom RugsBest For Showers
Safety is one of the highlights of this cozy shower mat. Made of long-lasting non-slip backing, this rug will remain firmly in place once you step out of the shower. It has a natural latex rubber for a better grip and easily sticks to both tiles and wood. The rug is 1.25 inches thick making it super comfy to sink your feet into. Better yet, its use is not only limited to your bathroom but can also be placed in your bedroom or at the entrance to your home.
Don’t worry about it getting dirty since it easily cleans in the washing machine without losing its soft texture even after several cycles. It’s specially designed with a special shaggy texture which catches water as you step out of the shower so that your bathroom floor doesn’t get wet and slippery.
- Soft on the feet
- Fluffy for extra dryness
- Takes long to dry
- Comes only in bright colors
6. Gorilla Grip Original Patented BathBest For Bath Tubs
Just like the brand name, the grip is one of the key selling points of this antibacterial bath mat. It made of hundreds of suction cups that are engraved on a clean smooth surface making it great for bathrooms where there are senior people. Its large size gives it maximum coverage and doesn’t leave any part of your bathtub exposed. It also has small holes to allow water to easily circulate as you take a shower.
Made of BPA-free material, this shower mat is mildew-resistant and doesn’t harbor bacteria. It’s also non-toxic and free from any latex making it an eco-friendly bathroom accessory. It also comes in a selection of ten colors all with a ten-year guarantee.
However, the mat is designed to stick only on smooth surfaces and may not work well on textured or tiled floors.
- Good grip
- Wide color selection
- Covers large area
- Doesn’t work on textured surfaces
- Not suitable for shower detergents
- Complicated to install
7. AIR TREE Non-Slip Shower MatBest For Showers
The first thing you will notice about this bath mat is its powerful suction cups that provide you with an amazing grip as you take your shower. Once done, you just need to lift one end of the mat and it easily peels away. The holes are well spaced to allow water to easily drain which prevent the bath mat from accumulating any unwanted sludge or grow any mildew. This flexible mat is made of TPA and doesn’t have the usual murky smell that comes with plastics.
Designed to have good traction which allows you to comfortably stand on it without fear of slipping or your feet feeling uncomfortable. It’s also easy to clean and can be hand washed or thrown into the washing machine. However, it’s not recommended to leave it out in the sun to dry.
- Good traction
- Easily drains water
- Minimal area coverage
- Can’t be air dried
- Maybe a bit thin
8. Gorilla Grip Luxury Chenille Bathroom RugBest For All Rooms
Your feet will feel ultra-pampered with this plush bathroom rug that has a shaggy feel on your toes. Made of Chenille fabric, this rug is super absorbent and doesn’t soak water as you dry up. The Chenille fingers are firmly woven onto the mat giving it durable quality. To enhance durability, the mat has a TPR construction and can withstand numerous washes. It has a generous area coverage which can also be used for kid’s playroom, the laundry room or even in the bedroom.
With over 18 colors to choose from, you will most definitely find a mat that will suit your bathroom space.
- Quality construction
- Super absorbent
- Very soft
- Chenille fingers are wide apart
- Lacks underneath padding
- May slide constantly
9. Flamingo P Soft Non Slip Absorbent Bath RugsBest For Bathroom Set
Looking for a complete bathroom set for your entire bathroom space? Then this mat made of quality memory foam will make your space feel like heaven and pamper your feet with unbelievable luxury. Made of 85% polyester and 15% polyamide, the exterior quickly absorbs water and ensures your bathroom remains dry.
It’s also skid proof which makes it ideal for kids and even elderly. You also get a bonus foot massage as you step on this bath mat transforming your bathroom into a home spa. You will also get to choose from eight colors designed to complement your space.
- Variety of colors
- Machine washable
- Constantly looks dirty
- Not ideal for big bathrooms
- May wear out fast
10. Utopia Towels Washable Cotton Banded Bath Mat
Made of 100% cotton, these 2-pack bath mats provide an anti-slip experience after a bath and nice stretch across the bathroom floor. Made of 100% natural materials, the shower mat is free from any chemicals making it safe for even kids. The mat is also soft and has a non-rubber backing which helps it dry quickly.
It’s also double stitched at the edges giving it durability and an enhanced look. The mats can be washed in a machine using a mild detergent. However, don’t wring them after washing so that they don’t lose their shape.
- Wide color range
- Easy to clean
- Soaks water
- Lack of a rubber bottom
- Quite thin
How To Choose Best Bath Mats
Bathroom rugs are no longer a reserve for the wealthy but have become one of the must-haves in every household. They provide much-needed comfort as you step out of the shower or as you sit on the toilet. However, one of the greatest reasons that you should invest in a quality bath mat is for your own safety since slips due to a wet bathroom is quite fatal. There’s also the aspect of the aesthetic value that such rugs add to your bathroom space.
Types of Bath Mats
In the market, you will find four common types of mats which have been classified depending on the material used to make them. They are:
- Cotton – These are usually the most expensive due to their luxurious feel they provide for your feet. They also have an exceptional capacity to absorb water while still remaining dry.
- Chenille – These mats have become a favorite in many households due to their fair price and multipurpose use in the home. They have a shaggy feel which quickly captures dripping water.
- Memory foam – Designed with ultimate comfort in mind, these type of mats offer spa-like relieve to your feet and can even be used to step on in areas that require long standing periods.
- Microfiber – These are more synthetic and come at the best price while still providing the quick-drying qualities of their counterparts.
Factors To Consider When Buying a Bath Mat
Bathroom mats come in all shapes, uses, colors, and sizes. Here are a number of things to keep in mind as you choose your ideal fit:
- Bathroom type – You will find that some mats are designed for dry spaces which wouldn’t work well in a bathtub. You need to ensure that the mat fits your type of bathroom.
- Space – Depending on the space available, you may opt for a full coverage mat or a small mat to save on space.
- Material – As discussed above, the type of material influences the cost the absorbency and quick drying nature of your bathroom rug.
- Maintenance – Go for a mat that cleans easily in the washing machine and doesn’t take ages to dry. It’s also important to ensure it is antibacterial and mildew resistant.
- Non-slip – One of the key elements of a bath mat is its safety features and the best ones are skip proof to prevent slips.
The best bath mats are quick drying, highly absorbent and skid proof. As you step out to shop for one, don’t be afraid to play around with different but keep in mind that safety comes first. Go ahead and spoil your feet with cushy and luxurious bath mat today- you deserve it!