Maintaining the body hair is a tricky business — no doubt about that! How you choose to groom it depends on your preferences, and maybe what your significant other wants. But hey! There’s one rule of thumb for every man or lady out there — some embarrassing parts have to be taken care of. And how best can you do it? Getting the best body hair trimmer!
You see, waxing is an option but it’s painful and expensive. With a body hair trimmer, it’s possible to control the length of your hair and groom all those embarrassing bits in the comfort and privacy of your own space.
To help you make an informed choice when shopping for these devices, we have conducted the research on your behalf, narrowing down our picks to 10 best body hair trimmers that you can get today. And to help you further, we have also included some handy tips that you should keep in mind as you embark on your shopping.
Related Review: Best Epilator
Top 10 Body Hair Trimmers of 2019 Reviewed
- Top 10 Body Hair Trimmers of 2019 Reviewed
- 1. Wahl Lithium Ion Total Beard Trimmer
- 2. Panasonic Electric Body Hair Trimmer and Groomer for Men ER-GK60-S
- 3. Best Electric Manscaping Groin Hair Trimmer, Lawn Mower 2.0 by Manscaped
- 4. Remington PG525 Head to Toe Lithium Powered Body Groomer Kit, Beard Trimmer
- 5. Philips Norelco Multi Groomer MG7750/49-23 Piece
- 6. MANGROOMER Ultimate Pro Back Shaver
- 7. Philips Norelco BodyGroomer BG2040/49
- 8. Remington BHT6455FF Shortcut Pro Body Groomer
- 9. Braun Series 7 Men’s Electric Foil Shaver
- 10. Remington PG6025 All-In-1 Lithium Powered Grooming Kit, Beard Trimmer
- Choosing the Best Body Hair Trimmers – The Ultimate Buying Guide
1. Wahl Lithium Ion Total Beard TrimmerBest Beards and Facial Hair
This body hair trimmer is powered by lithium-ion batteries allowing you to take care of your shaving needs without much of a hassle. The battery lasts for 180 minutes, which means you can use it multiple times before charging again. It comes with an assortment of guide combs to help you trim your beard to a certain level.
If you are worried about how you will be sharpening this hair trimmer, worry no more. It has been constructed in such a way that the blade is self-sharpening. Thus, you don’t have to unscrew the blade to sharpen it. You could be in the middle of a shaving session and still get the blade sharp enough to complete the job.
- Comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- The package includes an assortment of guide combs
- Has a self-sharpening blade which ensures zero interruption when in the middle of a shaving session
- Some reviewers have reported difficulties in adjusting the guard
- Does not have a charging or fully-charged indicator
- Lacks a charge level indicator, meaning it can die on you without warning
2. Panasonic Electric Body Hair Trimmer and Groomer for Men ER-GK60-SBest Wet/Dry Body Hair Trimmer
To effectively and conveniently remove hair from your groin, legs, back, chest, and underarms, you need a trimmer that isn’t constantly attached to an electrical cord. This is a rechargeable body trimmer, which means it is also highly portable. It comes with an AC charger so that you can easily plug in when you need to recharge it.
With this trimmer, you do not have to wait until your body hair is completely dry to trim it. It is fully waterproof, which means you can use it in the shower. Can it result in an electric shock? Not really! The trimmer is completely safe in water to the extent that you can wash it without worrying about it getting spoiled.
- Has a V-shaped head so that you can trim the hair in hard to access areas like the groin, legs, back, chest, and underarms.
- A waterproof body hair trimmer that’s safe to use in all conditions
- Comes with a sure-grip handle for easy control while trimming hair
- Some users have complained about the blade arriving without 4 teeth
- The blade seems to be too fragile to last long
- May not be great for removing facial hair
3. Best Electric Manscaping Groin Hair Trimmer, Lawn Mower 2.0 by ManscapedBest Electric Rechargeable Body Hair Trimmer
If you are looking for a below-the-belt body hair trimmer for men, the Lawn Mower 2.0 is the product for you. It is made with a man’s anatomy in mind. First off, the trimmer is cordless, which means it is chargeable. Second, the trimmer is suitable for use in the bathroom, given that it is 100 percent waterproof. It doesn’t get damaged by water and is safe since it won’t cause electric shock.
Did you know that this body hair trimmer is USB chargeable? In essence, you don’t have to wait until you have mains electricity. Simply plug into the USB port on your laptop and you are good to go. The blades are ceramic in nature and won’t rust.
- A cordless USB rechargeable hair trimmer
- Fully waterproof for use in any environment
- Has non-rust ceramic blades for enhanced hygiene
- The package does not include a USB adapter for charging
- May not have a motor speed that’s as fast as you would expect
- Some reviewers have reported receiving used trimmers instead of new ones
4. Remington PG525 Head to Toe Lithium Powered Body Groomer Kit, Beard TrimmerBest Battery-Powered Body Hair Trimmer Kit
One of the aspects to consider when buying the best body hair trimmers is how you are going to sharpen the blade when it gets blunt. Luckily, the Remington PG525 trimmer comes with self-sharpening blades. Made of steel, these blades last longer. The package comes with a total of 8 attachments so that you can use it anywhere on your body. All of these attachments are such that you can easily wash them.
The lithium ion battery lasts for up to 70 hours when fully charged. Unlike other body hair trimmers, this particular body hair trimmer has charge level and battery level indicators. You will never again have to use guesswork. The package also contains a charging stand for safety purposes.
- Comes with different attachments for all your body hair trimming needs
- Contains steel self-sharpening blades
- The battery lasts for 70 hours after a full charge
- The battery may stop functioning after a few times of use
- Overcharging the battery may spoil it
- Some reviewers have complained of the hair trimmer malfunctioning without a warning
5. Philips Norelco Multi Groomer MG7750/49-23 Piece
Are you looking for a hair trimmer that works great on your face, ears, nose, body, and beard? If “yes”, then the Philips Norelco Multi Groomer MG7750/49-23 is what you need. It comes with up to 23 head combs to enable you to use it for whatever needs you might have. Because of its DualCut technology, the trimmer works to precision and requires no blade oil. You can move it from one part of the body to another and still get the best results.
It includes a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which lasts for up to 5 hours after a full charge. That’s enough for you to use for more than a week before recharging it. The trimmer is highly durable, given the full-metal motor and a reinforced tempered steel drive. Add to that the fiberglass cutting guards and you have a unique trimmer.
- A multi-purpose body hair trimmer
- Has a total of 23 head combs to serve all your hair trimming needs
- A highly durable hair trimmer that’s made with high-quality material
- The lithium ion battery lasts for only 5 hours per charge
- Might be too sharp for use on pubic hair
- The head attachments don’t come with adjustable sliders
6. MANGROOMER Ultimate Pro Back ShaverBest for Trimming all Hard-to-Reach Places
When the time comes to trim the hair on the extreme parts of your body, you may need someone to help you. However, that will be unnecessary if you have a trimmer with a design that easily allows you to reach your back.
The MANGROOMER Ultimate Pro Back Shaver is just that. It shaves your back without taking you through much of a hassle. It has a flex neck that absorbs shock and allows for easy navigation through the contours of your back. Another helpful feature is the rubberized handle with extreme reach an ergonomic design. Besides, it has a power hinge lock button so that you can set the shaver at any angle you want.
- Has a quick-charge battery for fast and easy recharging
- Can quickly shave coarse and extra-thick hair, thanks to the power burst button
- Has a specialized ergonomic design for easy reach to the extreme parts of the back
- May not be suitable for shaving the hair in other parts of the body
- It is not clear how long the battery lasts after a full charge
- Not suitable for use in wet conditions
7. Philips Norelco BodyGroomer BG2040/49Best Body Hair Trimmer with 3D Pivot
You must be one of those people who like shaving in the shower, aren’t you? To minimize losses due to trimmer damage and electric shock, you need the fully-waterproof Philips Norelco Bodygroomer BG2040/49 shaver. It is made of water-resistant materials and casing so that you can use it in the shower. It comes with a three-dimensional pivoting head that’s easy to navigate through the contours of the body, no matter how rugged.
With this body hair trimmer, you can expect your body and skin to remain extremely comfortable. You can be sure you will need just this shaver, given the device’s dual-sided design. Thus, you can move it back and forth until the hair you want to get rid of is removed. Another thing about the shaver head is that it hardly scratches nor cuts you.
- Has a three-dimensional head so that you can use it in whatever part of the body you need to shave
- Can be used in most parts of the body
- Comes with an adjustable trimming comb
- May not be suitable for use in wet conditions
- Some reviewers have complained about the battery failing a couple of months after buying it
- Does not allow for the replacement of the battery
8. Remington BHT6455FF Shortcut Pro Body GroomerBest Body Hair Trimmer with Extendable Handle
It is not enough for a body hair trimmer to have a sharp blade. Rather, the blade should be wide enough to shave a lot of hair in a single sweep. The Remington BHT6455FF Shortcut Pro Body Groomer has a 60 percent wider blade. If you are pressed of time, this is the body hair trimmer to try. For easy reach to the back, this hair trimmer has an expandable handle.
So that you are not worried about the hair growing too soon, this product trims hair to a paltry 0.2mm. With that, it will be a while before you need another shave. Additionally, you can use it even in wet conditions, given the fact that it is fully waterproof.
- Has a lithium-ion battery that runs for a maximum of 40 minutes when fully charged
- It is 100 percent waterproof so that you can use it during shower time
- The wide blade allows the trimmer to quickly sweep away unwanted hair
- Some reviewers have complained about the trimmer being too wide to connect with the skin
- May fail to reach deep areas like the groin and armpits
- Does not connect well with the back, despite having an expandable handle
9. Braun Series 7 Men’s Electric Foil Shaver
Have you ever used a body hair trimmer that automatically adjusts to adapt to your facial features? If you haven’t, then you should try the Braun Series 7 Men’s Electric Foil Shaver. That way, you can expect to get a highly customized shave without having to work too hard for it.
Additionally, you can adjust the trimmer to five different shaving modes depending on the shaving style and skin type. The razor is skin-friendly, which is the reason it is able to reach even the hardest areas of your body. Given that this hair trimmer is 100 percent waterproof, you can use it in the shower and anywhere else.
- A 100 percent waterproof body hair trimmer that’s suitable for all types of conditions
- Comes with four shaving elements that work together to give you a clean shave in just one stroke
- Designed to reach the difficult areas, thanks to the highly precise blades
- The shave may not be as close enough as that of a razor
- May require specialized solutions to clean up
- The trimmer is likely to miss hair in angular areas
10. Remington PG6025 All-In-1 Lithium Powered Grooming Kit, Beard Trimmer
Whether you are a man or a woman, you need a trimmer you can use for all forms of grooming. The Remington PG6025 All-In-1 Beard Trimmer also gets rid of hair in the ear or nose. It comes with 8 head combs so that you can precisely set the level at which you want your beard. The attachments are washable in a manner that’s as simple as rinsing them in a sink.
Those hours you wasted on the grinding stone can be used for some other work. That’s because this trimmer comes with steel self-sharpening blades. It is powered by a rechargeable lithium ion battery, which has a 70-minute life between charges. What more would you want in a body hair trimmer?
- Has a set of durable, self-sharpening, steel blades
- Maintaining the attachments is as simple as rinsing them in a sink
- A rechargeable trimmer that’s great for off-grid use
- May not be suitable for use in wet conditions
- The battery may fail to hold a charge after a few weeks of use
- Other than beards, it may not be suitable for trimming hair in other body parts
Choosing the Best Body Hair Trimmers – The Ultimate Buying Guide
Are you looking for a good body hair trimmer? If “yes”, then you are on the right track. You will find hair trimmers in all types, shapes, and sizes. Making a choice on what to pick could prove to be a little bit tricky. What’s required is that you exercise due diligence to narrow down to the precise hair trimmer you need.
The following are factors to consider when choosing the right hair trimmer for you:
There are two types of hair trimmers including those operated manually and the electric ones. You may prefer one type of hair clipper over the other for different reasons. Here is a detailed discussion of the two types of body hair trimmers:
- Manual. According to the name, manual hair trimmers are operated by hand power. To control them, you have to go through several grips. As the hands move, the clippers trim the long hair to a size that you require. These kinds of clippers are common in army barracks and prisons. So they are virtually unavailable for common use.
- Electric. Electric body hair trimmers are the most commercially available on the market. They are either pivot, rotary or magnetic in nature. They are composed of blades which oscillate in the guiding comb to trim hair. The output of the motor varies from one electric body hair trimmer to another. While the output really matters, the power consumption should be low enough to fit within your budget.
Is the Body Hair Trimmer Reliable?
A good body hair trimmer is one with the ability to give you good service on a consistent basis, allowing you to keep your body hair groomed for long. Who wants a hair trimmer that fails when it’s needed the most? For once, it should be durable in the sense of resisting twitching, bending, corrosion, breakages, and excessive friction. Also, the hair trimmer should be easy to use. It shouldn’t take you too much time and effort just to shave hair.
Quality is a Must!
You definitely care about the quality of the things you buy, do you? When you get a high-quality hair trimmer, you can be sure of reliable service for a long time to come. The hair trimmer will also be accurate since it has precise controls. That’s in addition to being responsive to the operational impulses and commands. A good body hair trimmer should be good enough for use wherever there is hair. Whether it is your head or another part of the body that requires to be trimmed, it should work perfectly. The last aspects of quality have to do with the strength and safety of the trimmer.
How are the Blades
On any body hair trimmer, it is the blades that will be playing an active role in cutting the hair. As such, you should ensure that the blades are sharp enough so as to take the least time trimming your hair. Importantly, the blades should be devoid of corrosion, rust, and contaminants. The blades also need to be removable so that you can replace old ones when they become blunt. They should be made of aluminum, stainless steel, and any other non-corrosive materials. Importantly, the cleaning should be easy. Lastly, you need sturdy blades with variable rotational speed.
Wet Or Dry Trimming?
Hair can be trimmed either using the wet or dry method. Wet trimming involves soaking hair in water to soften before trimming it. If you have coarse and thick hairs, this is the method for you. Otherwise, you will use the dry trimming method. Once powered, pass the trimmer through your hair and you are good to go. Whichever trimming method you prefer, you should be able to find a trimmer that best serves your needs. Essentially, a wet hair trimmer should have the ability to protect you against electric shock and have non-corrosive materials.
How Robust is the Body Hair Trimmer?
A robust hair trimmer is one that is comfortable, strong, and convenient. It should be designed with ergonomics in mind and be seamlessly compatible with the user. The trimmer should be adjustable so as to accommodate hair of different shapes and sizes. It should be sizeable to perform the task at hand but small enough to be easily stored. The weight of the hair trimmer also matters. If you are looking for a body hair trimmer for commercial purposes, make sure it is easy to use.
You see, finding a good body hair trimmer wasn’t a tough task after all. Thanks to our picks, you can now keep your body hair groomed with the best device. If you want a cordless option, we have reviewed plenty of them. If you prefer an electric or rechargeable one, we also have a good number that you can select. Go through the buying guide and the list provided above to be sure you are getting the best body hair trimmers for you. Good luck!