The kitchen is filled with many tools and appliances that are all designed to add value and make life easier as you work hard to feed your family. One such useful tool is a bread loaf slicer which is designed to help you cut bread into even pieces in an effortless manner. Baking bread at home not only helps you monitor the ingredients you use but it also gives you an opportunity to enjoy fresh loaves right out of the oven.
Many people have often used bread knives to slice breads which often provide uneven slices and destroy the shape of the loaf. Bread slicers can be made of wood, acrylic or plastic and are usually foldable to allow for easy storage. The best with a bread slicer is that you can choose to just cut only one slice or evenly cut the whole loaf. You can choose whether you want thin or thick slices that will make this popular snack a great choice.
Turn your home kitchen into a bakery with a loaf slicer that will make you fall in love with baking bread all over again. When shopping for a bread slicer, there are a number of factors that you need to keep in mind in order to get the ideal tool. We have compiled a comprehensive review of the best bread loaf slicers available in the market that will give you perfect cuts every time.
Top 11 Bread Loaf Slicers of 2019 Reviewed
- Top 11 Bread Loaf Slicers of 2019 Reviewed
- 1. SierraBASE LLC Bread Pal Slicer
- 2. Kitchen Naturals Premium Bamboo Bread Slicer
- 3. Bambusi Bread Slicer
- 4. Eon Concepts Bread Slicer Guide
- 5. Norpro Bread Slicer
- 6. Miss Home Bread Slicer
- 7. Kinwell Nature Bamboo Foldable Bread Slicer
- 8. Generic Compact Bread Slicer
- 9. Fshopping foldable toast bread slicer
- 10. A Baker and A Cook Bamboo Bread Slicer
- 11. BlackHillsByDesign Bread Slicer
- How to Choose a Bread Loaf Slicer – Ultimate Buying Guide
1. SierraBASE LLC Bread Pal SlicerBest Self-locking Bread Slicer
Get perfect cuts every time with this foldable bread slicer from SierraBASE. The American made tool doesn’t require any clumsy set up and is easy to operate. It’s made of the best materials of maple and birch which are strong and durable providing you with extended service. It also boasts of a replaceable cutting surface made of food safe material. It has an easy set up design with self-locking mechanism. This bread slicer will cut perfectly round bread slices to meet your requirements.
- Self-locking mechanism
- Made of maple and birch
- Has food safe cutting surface
- Doesn’t have same width all through
- Requires better quality control
- Base is too wide
2. Kitchen Naturals Premium Bamboo Bread SlicerBest Natural Bamboo Bread Slicer
Made of high quality natural bamboo, this bread slicer guide is made of food safe materials fit or human consumption. It has a smooth finish and compact design that will fit perfectly into your kitchen. It provides perfect slices without much effort while keeping your fingers safe as you slice to whichever thickness that you so desire.
For easy storage, the bread slicer comes with a knife rest and good quality storage bag. It also folds flat to easily fit into your kitchen drawer. Better yet, the bread slicer comes with a crumb catcher that helps keep your counter clean from any messes made while slicing bread. This bread slicer boasts of a one year warranty.
- Natural bamboo smooth finish
- Folds flat for easy storage
- Has a crumb catcher
- Width of slicer isn’t adjustable
- Can’t be soaked in water
- Nails are too tiny
3. Bambusi Bread SlicerBest Compact Design Bread Slicer
Cut even slices with this bamboo slicer from Bambusi that has been specially designed to accommodate your 10 inch bread knife comfortably. The sides of the slicer are grooved which easily guides the knife as you slice. It has four settings of thickness that gives you a variety on how thick or thin the bread is to be sliced. The slicer can perfectly slice all types of bread including banana nut bread, baguette, French bread and type of homemade bread.
The slicer has a solid build and is specially designed to keep your fingers away from it as you slice. At the base, the product comes with a crumb catcher that helps prevent any messes on the counter when slicing bread. It’s made of 100% environmental friendly bamboo and comes in a compact design that’s easy to store away. The manufacturer gives 100% lifetime guarantee on the product
- Grooved sides for easy slicing
- Has a crumb catcher
- Made of 100% environmental friendly bamboo
- Teeth may have a splintering sound
- Slicing thick slices is difficult
- Walls maybe uneven
4. Eon Concepts Bread Slicer GuideBest ABS Plastic Bread Slicer
This bread slicer is made of environmental friendly ABS resin which is sturdily built to withstand temperatures of -10°C to 90°C. The material is non-toxic and doesn’t contain any odors. The slicer is designed with four thickness settings of 1cm, 1.5cm, 2cm and 2.5cm. It also comes with two rubber paddings that help keep it stable as you slice.
The slicer is easy to use and all you have to do is slide the divider and cut the bread into the desired thickness. The slicer has a compact space saving design that easily folds for convenient storage. The device is multipurpose and can be used for all types of pastries, bagels, hams and vegetables.
- Multipurpose slicing surface
- Easy to store compact design
- Four settings of thickness
- Too fragile
- Allows crumbs to fall off
- Problematic when using a knife
5. Norpro Bread SlicerBest for Even Slicing
Norpro has been designed quality kitchenware since 1973 and this bread slicer is no exception. It allows you to evenly slice bread and loaf cakes into uniform pieces using the acrylic slicing guide. Assembling the bread loaf slicer is pretty easy and you can clean it by wiping it with a damp cloth. It also has a crumb catcher that helps prevent messes when slicing bread.
- Has a crumb catcher
- Acrylic slicing guide
- Easy clean up
- Too wide
- Thick end section
- May be a bit flimsy
6. Miss Home Bread SlicerBest Multifunctional Bread Slicer
Suitable for all types breads, loaf cakes, pastries and bagels, this bread slicer from Miss Home is multifunctional and will provide you with uniform slices. It’s easy to use and comes in a collapsible design that folds flat to allow for convenient storage without taking up too much space. It’s made of durable ABS plastic that’s food safe and built to last.
The slicer is designed to allow you to cut the bread into four sizes of a thickness of 1cm, 1.5cm, 2cm and 2.5cm. It also has a crumb catcher that helps prevent messes on your counter. To keep the slicer clean, just wipe it using a dump cloth.
- 4 thickness settings
- Slices all types of breads
- Has a crumb catcher
- Doesn’t have a non-slip base
- Sides can be flimsy
7. Kinwell Nature Bamboo Foldable Bread SlicerBest ABS Plastic Bread Slicer
Enjoy slicing bread like never before with this new version bread slicer with a smooth touch from Kinwell. It’s designed to guide you through three settings of thickness; ½, 3/8 and a 1/3 inch bread slices. It’s made of 100% natural bamboo with exemplary antibacterial properties that will ensure every slice is safe for human consumption. The sides and body are strongly built and isn’t flimsy as you slice your bread.
It also boasts of a crumb catcher tray at the bottom which makes cleanup easy due to a reduced mess on the counter top. The bread cutter folds flat for easy storage and is adjustable to meet all your slicing needs. The package includes 20 eco-friendly food bags to pack your bread in with 20 pieces of twist ties for sealing the food.
- Made of 100% bamboo
- Comes with 20 food bags and twist ties
- Folds flat for easy storage
- May not give perfectly even slices
- Not tall enough
- Could be wider
8. Generic Compact Bread SlicerBest Foldable Bread Slicer
To evenly slice all your home made or bakery breads, this compact bread slicer from Generic is a great choice. It’s made of durable plastic that’s strong and sturdily built to allow slicing without chipping or bending. Its deep brown color and smooth curves add to its ergonomic design. The bread slicer can be easily folded to save up on storage space. It boasts of 4 thickness options; 30mm/24mm/20mm/15mm.
- 4 thickness options
- Great ergonomic design
- Made of strong ABS plastic
- Not wide
- Small in size
- Flimsy sides
9. Fshopping foldable toast bread slicerBest Easy Set Up Bread Slicer
Enjoy slicing your toast bread with this Fshopping bread cutter that is designed to slice through a variety of breads, ham and even cheese. It’s a foldable bread slicing guide that provides you with even slices. You can determine the thickness of the bread by placing your bread knife every one or two tines. It’s made of strong plastic and doesn’t get musty like its wooden counterparts. It also comes with an easy to read operation manual.
- Foldable for easy storage
- Made of strong plastic
- Includes detailed operation manual
- Not adjustable
- Not ideal for thin slices
- One side doesn’t stay up on its own
10. A Baker and A Cook Bamboo Bread SlicerBest Stability Bread Slicer
Indulge in baking bread and slicing it to your desired thickness by investing in this bread slicer that has been customized to meet your bread slicing needs. It has been enhanced using a stabilizer board that acts as a solid base to prevent wobbling as you slice the bread. The board keeps the edges intact and holds the crumb catcher firmly in place.
This 5 piece bread cutter includes a main slotted top and two slicing guides that are removable and adjustable. It also has a cross base for added support and includes a bread stop. The slicer guides you through three thickness settings; .25 (1/4) inch, .50 (1/2) inch, and .75 (3/4) inch. The bread slicer can also be folded into the crumb catcher for easy storage. The slicer comes in a beautiful box that makes a great gift for loved ones.
- Strong stabilizer board
- 5 piece build for added strength
- Great package for a gift
- Difficult to hold in place when slicing
- One size guide
11. BlackHillsByDesign Bread SlicerBest Rounded Top Bread Slicer
Three new changes have been made to this classic bread slicer designed to make slicing bread a breeze. It has rounded tops that make inserting your slicing knife a walk in the park. The new backstop holds the bread in place as you slice while the side panels prevent slippage on the sides. It has 6’’ high side panels that accommodate tall breads.
The bread slicer also allows for multiple bread width options 3.6″, 4.8″, 6.2″. It’s made of high quality wood including Poplar, Cherry, Oak, Maple and Hickory. The new version bread slicer is stronger and ensures a user friendly bread slicing experience.
- New advanced design
- Rounded tops
- Choice of 5 high quality wood
- Base has no protective cover
- Quite technical
- Not adjustable
How to Choose a Bread Loaf Slicer – Ultimate Buying Guide
Baking bread at home not only feels like a major accomplishment but also ensures that your family gets freshly baked pastries and wheat products. It’s important to invest in different kitchen tools that are designed to ensure that you have an amazing baking experience each time. One such tool is a bread loaf slicer that’s designed to provide you uniform slices every time. While most people use a serrated knife to slice through the bread but this ends up creating lots of crumbs.
Bread loaf slicers have become popular because they allow you to slice the loaf quickly and uniformly. Better yet, these appliances have different settings that allow you to choose the thickness of the slices. You can use these slicers for different types of breads such ordinary bread, French bread, baguettes, loaf cakes among other types of pastries.
Types of Bread Cutters
- Manual – These are used to uniformly slice small loaves of bread in your kitchen. This type of bread slicer is made of either wood or plastic and come in a small compact size that doesn’t take up much space on the kitchen counter. It has vertical slots that allow the knife to pass easily. The cutter maybe slow but it gives you an opportunity to come up with even slices.
- Electric – This type of cutter is faster than a manual one and uses a rotating blade to slice up your bread. While most electric bread loaf slicers are found in commercial setups, you can also get one for your home kitchen to ensure that you quickly slice your bread. It usually has a guide to direct you on how to place the bread on the slicer. However, the electric cutters aren’t necessarily fast enough and do cost you quite an amount in terms of electricity bills.
Factors to Look Out for In a Bread Loaf Slicer
Before adding that bread slicer to your shopping cart, here are a number of factors that you need to keep in mind.
- Material – The main types of materials that you will come across when it comes to bread slicers is wood or plastic. For wooden slicers, bamboo is common since its environmental friendly and food safe. Bamboo is said to have a high resistance to bacteria which is a great property where food is concerned. However, the popularity of plastic slicers is quite high since they have a wide variety of ergonomic designs. Plastic slicers are affordable and flexible in terms of functionality.
- Functionality – There are certain features that enhance your user experience with a bread slicer. One such thing is fold ability which helps you conveniently store your bread cutter without consuming too much space. The sides of the slicer should also be adjustable to allow for a variety of sizes when it comes to slicing. Another great feature is a crumb catcher that helps prevent creating a mess as you slice. Crumb catchers save you time when it comes to cleaning up the counter once you are done slicing.
- Slice thickness – You may want a standard thickness of your slices which makes a simple bread slicer a great option. But if you would love your bread to have different thickness, then you can opt for an advanced bread slicer which comes with different settings of how thick or thin your slices should be. Such slicers have adjustable slots which determine the size of the slices and allow you to easily insert your bread knife for precise cuts.
- Cleaning – Once you are done slicing, most bread loaf slicers are designed to be wiped clean using a damp cloth. Others can be easily rinsed in water but you have to ensure that the product will not be ruined by water.
A bread slicer is one of those tools that will make life easier for you in the kitchen especially if you love baking bread. While most shops and food stores stock pre-sliced breads nowadays, there’s still that joy one gets from slicing freshly baked bread and loaf cakes. We hope that this review has provided you with insight and useful information on the best bread loaf slicers available in the market. Do enjoy your baking and devour uniformly cut slices today by investing in a quality bread cutter.