Chandeliers are a symbol of luxury and endless style that bring opulence to your living room. Having this beautiful electrical masterpiece as part of your interior décor will bring out your taste in the finer things in life. This elaborate fixture not only lights up your room but has this dramatic effect that brings life to your space. Whether it’s hanging in the dining room, the foyer or living room, the best chandeliers will never go unnoticed and will always catch the attention of your guests who will marvel at your expertise in interior decoration.
You will find different styles of lamps and chandeliers from modern to vintage since this masterpiece has gone through a lot of changes as times have changed. Back in the days, chandeliers used to come in their full glory and were so expensive that they were exclusively found in the mansions and castles of the ultra-wealthy in the society. However, with time cheaper yet sophisticated models have found their way into the market making them a favorite electrical fixture in modern homes.
To get the ideal chandelier, there are several considerations that you have to make that will ensure that you land the right piece. In here, we have comprehensively reviewed a selection of the best chandeliers available in the market that are functional and worth every penny. Let’s light up your home, shall we?
Top 12 Chandeliers Of 2019 Reviewed
1. Westinghouse Lighting 6333600 Stella Mira Six-Light Indoor ChandelierBest Antique Look
Bring an antique yet elegant look to your indoor space with this simple yet elegant vintage chandelier. This Stella Mira masterpiece has slots for six 40-watt candelabra bulbs which will provide you with adequate light while bringing a rustic look to your living area. The exquisite look of this chandelier has been achieved by a combination of a classic two-tone finish that will capture anyone’s attention.
It features a real wood finish which gives it a contemporary look where the barn wood finish beautifully complements the metal bands. You will be moved by the design that captures a traditional look achieved by an oiled bronze candelabra. It comes with an adjustable chain to help mount it on the ceiling and allows for height adjustment. The manufacturer gives a 5-year warranty on this masterly crafted electrical fixture.
- Vintage, rustic look
- Adjustable chain mount for flexible height
- Beautiful wood finish
- Some holes for screws may need further drilling
- Requires careful installation
- Better instructions needed
2. BONLICHT Chandelier 10 Light Brushed Brass Modern PendantBest Modern Look
Bring a trendy look to your living space by adding this beautifully crafted piece of art that boasts of 10 bulbs that surround the brushed brass metallic ball. The light fixture is made of high-quality hardware that blends in with the modern living room or dining room or even a commercial set up such as a new generation coffee bar.
To showcase the beauty of the metal sockets, this chandelier doesn’t have shade and will let everyone admire the rustic looking Edison bulbs. It comes with four pieces of down rods measuring 10 inches it. The product is UL listed which ensures that all the necessary safety standards have been met. As much as it’s easy to assemble, it’s necessary to engage the services of a licensed electrician during installation to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
- Trendy 10 bulb look
- Quality hardware and beautiful metal sockets
- UL listed for safety
- Installation requires a licensed electrician
- Doesn’t work well in wet and humid areas
- Package doesn’t include bulbs
3. Newrays Wood Beaded ChandelierBest Beaded Design
This show-stopping beaded chandelier displays an intricate design that will bring opulence into your living area. The fixture is made of metal and wood that have been perfectly blended to give a rustic yet durable look. You can fix it on a flat or sloping ceiling using the adjustable metal chain with a length of 44.5’’.
The beautiful bottom will cast beautiful light, especially in the dining area using the three bulbs which are bright enough and illuminate sufficiently. The beads come already assembled making installing this beautiful chandelier easy. To power it, you can use an AC plug or hardwire it when installing. It works with a wide variety of bulbs such as incandescent, LED and halogen bulbs.
- Beads already assembled
- Rustic and durable look
- Works on flat and sloping ceilings
- Some find the lights a bit dim
- May come without screws for installation
- Not many instructions about mounting
4. Gypsy Color 5 Light Crystal ChandelierBest Vintage Look
Made of polycarbonate white crystals, this vintage style chandelier is better than a glass one which is too delicate and heavy. The beautiful crystals have a teardrop look and hang beautifully from a strong metallic frame that has arms. The piece can be fitted in various places where you want to have a dramatic effect such as entryways, the bedroom, living room, and dining areas.
The chandelier has a diameter of 19 inches with a height of 21 inches and comes with instructions on how to hang it. However, you will still need the services of a professional to help you correctly put everything in place.
- Made of less fragile polycarbonate crystals
- Works in a variety of places
- Dramatic vintage look
- Requires a professional to install
- Not ideal for wet areas
- Indoor use only
5. SILJOY Ceiling Fan ChandelierBest Fan Cum Chandelier
SILJOY brings you this 2 in 1 electrical piece that features a retractable ceiling fan and a chandelier. The presence of a fan makes it ideal for summer and can remain invisible when not needed. The beautiful lights are dimmable to create the mood that best suits our preference. The electrical piece features three color temperatures; cool white, daylight, and warm white.
You can use the three speed remote to control the fan and dictate the timing using the timer function. Assembly is pretty easy but requires some patience to put everything together into this beautiful piece. The package comes with two down rods, a screw set, remote control, and an instruction manual.
- Both a ceiling fan and chandelier
- Three color temperatures for different moods
- Remote controlled with timer function
- Assembly requires patience
- Fan doesn’t shut off automatically
- Could use longer down rods
6. Edvivi Marya 4-Lights Oil Rubbed Bronze Round Crystal Chandelier
Make a statement with this beautiful dimmable chandelier that boasts of a dimmer switch to help set the right mood. The flexible light output can accommodate four candelabra bulbs with a maximum wattage of 60W. The chandelier has a drum design with elegant antique copper finish. The fixture’s height is 17 inches with no hanging crystals and 20 inches with crystals. Since the chandelier needs to be hardwired, you will need to engage a professional electrician for proper installation.
- Bright light output
- Contains genuine crystals
- Requires professional installation
- Needs hardwiring
- Mounting chain is too short
7. Kira Home Quinn 21″ Traditional 5-Light ChandelierBest Drum Shade Design
Spotting a large drum shade, this chandelier adds a traditional look to your space and can blend with furnishings in different rooms. It has a perfect light output with slots for 5 type B bulbs of 60W and is also compatible with LED bulbs for added flexibility. The drum shade is made of beautiful white linen that gives a good contrast to the light while the drum has a sophisticated textured look. The metal is solid with an oil rubbed bronze finish.
- Beautiful traditional drum shade look
- Easy to install
- Flexible in the type of bulbs to use
- Drum shade doesn’t detach from the fixture
- Bulb holders need modification
- Seams need improvement
8. COLORLED 3-Circle Diamond Crystal ChandelierBest High-End Chandelier
Bring grand opulence to your living space with this 3 tier diamond crystal chandelier with retractable ceiling fan. The beautifully crafted chandelier boasts of 4 acrylic transparent blades with a metal fan motor that keep the room cool while providing you with excellent lighting. The fan also helps improve air circulation in the room during hot summer days. The light source is an LED light board with the body made of metal and beautiful crystals.
The three color changing LED light helps create different moods in the room. The modern looking chandelier can be mounted in the living room, entryways and in the foyer. Due to the intricate design of this electrical device, you will need the services of a professional to install it.
- Combines a fan and chandelier
- Bright LED light board
- Remote controlled operation
- Requires a professional to install
9. A&B Home Wood and Metal Chandelier 20.5″
Add some elegance to your living room with this beautiful chandelier made of 60% fir wood that has been masterly sculpted to give it a perfect antique look. 40% iron has also been used to complete the look. It has slots for 6 lights that give a lavish look to any space. You can use for the living room or bedroom to achieve a rustic look.
- Beautiful wood and iron finish
- Perfectly sculpted
- Long chain for mounting
- Not dimmable
- Not for large spaces
- Some find it not bright enough
10. mirrea Vintage Metal Large Dimmable Sputnik Chandelier
Bring a modern look to your living space with this sputnik chandelier that doesn’t need any wiring and quickly assembles in minutes. With 18 lights, a UL listed wire and lamp socket, this chandelier will truly light up your space. The bulb sockets don’t have a shade which exposes the vintage Eduson bulbs adding to the beauty of this chandelier. Comes with 4 pieces of down rods for use on a flat ceiling.
- 18 bulb capacity for ultimate lighting
- UL listed for safety
- Down rods have an adjustable height
- Only works on a flat ceiling
- Not ideal for a traditional look
- Center ball is very large
11. Artika CAR36-ON Rectangular 8 Pendant Light Fixture
Are you looking for an ideal chandelier for your dining table? Then this 8 pendants light chandelier will make a great electrical accessory with its rustic but modern look. It features 2 well-polished down rods with three 12 inch rods for easy mounting. It’s also large in size and features aesthetic angles that add to its appeal. The beautiful aesthetics on this chandelier will wow everyone as it glows and brings life to your set up.
- CSA certified
- Easy to mount
- Beautiful aesthetics
- Not ideal for small spaces
- Takes time to install
- Ideal for rustic and contemporary spaces only
12. Surpars House Crystal Chandelier
When shopping on a limited budget and still need an eye-catching chandelier, then this crystal light fixture from Surpars is a great choice. It’s made of K9 crystals and has slots for three lights. Though not dimmable, you can use dimmable bulbs and acquire a dimmer switch. It has a globe shape with a chrome finish. Works mainly with incandescent candles to produce a nice, warm light.
- Eye-catching crystals
- Beautiful chrome finish
- Not dimmable
- Assembly takes time
- Difficult to line up
How To Choose Best Chandeliers
Chandeliers are one of the best ways to make a statement in your home due to the dramatic effect they bring. Having a classy chandelier mounted on your entryway, dining area, living room, and foyer will draw people’s attention and exhibit your personal style. While these electrical fixtures were reserved for the upper class in society, it’s now common to find almost every home with this beautiful art piece. Interior decorators actually advice homeowners to splash the cash on a fancy chandelier rather than spend a lot of money buying too many furnishings.
Types of Chandeliers
As much as chandeliers come in the basic design of a hanging rod with branches filled with lights, there are different types and styles of these fixtures out there. Here are some of the designs you will come across:
- Candle – This is a common design with upwards of five arms with bulbs shaped like candlesticks.
- Shaded Candles – It’s similar to the traditional one above but each of the candlestick bulbs is covered in a small shade.
- Glass – Is usually made of glass and is one of the most delicate chandeliers you can come across.
- Crystal – This type is usually a substitute of the glass ones where the teardrop bulbs are made of plastic or polycarbonate crystals.
- Caged – The bulbs are usually enclosed in an intricate metal cage with the lights in the middle.
- Modern – Usually have an edgy look and the bulbs aren’t shaded giving them a trendy design.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Chandelier
Let’s explore some of the things to keep in mind when picking a chandelier.
- Style – In the market, you will find traditional, vintage, contemporary and modern design. Depending on your taste you may opt for any of the above so as to bring out our personal style using the chandelier. Don’t for an intricate item to achieve a simple theme.
- Space – When picking an electrical fixture, you have to consider the space you have available. Some chandeliers are too big that they may take up your whole space and appear disproportionate.
- Height – Ensure that there’s enough clearance between where you hang the chandelier and the floor so that people don’t hit their heads as they get into the house. If your home has low lying ceilings, you need a chandelier with a short downrod so that it doesn’t hang too low.
- Material and Finish – You will come across a variety of materials such as brass, beads, wood, crystals, and even iron wrought. Ensure that the material and finishing of the chandelier complement other items in your home.
- Maintenance – Since chandeliers are hang up on the ceiling, they will pile up dust and require constant cleaning. Large chandeliers with a complicated design will collect more dust and are hectic to clean.
Adding a chandelier as part of your interior décor will definitely make a statement and light up your space in a stylish manner. Hopefully, you have gotten some insight on the best chandeliers available in the market and will soon bring some brilliance to your space with a beautifully crafted piece.