Wrinkles on a garment can make even the most expensive cloth look cheap and unappealing. The way you wear your clothes says a lot about who you are and putting on a pair of well-pressed pants or perfectly crisp dress sells you as an organized and impressive person. The market is full of different types of iron boxes most of which require a cord and power outlet to function. However, with the advancement of technology, best cordless irons have become popular and gotten quite a following in the fashion industry.
When most people hear of cordless iron, the picture of an iron box that’s battery powered and rechargeable like smartphone comes to mind. Well, that may be the case for some cordless travel iron boxes in the market but for most types, they have a charging system where you place them to recharge as you continue ironing. The charging base is connected to the power outlet while the appliance itself doesn’t have a cord.
Allow us to bring you some of the best cordless irons out there from reputable brands that will make you fall in love all over again with ironing.
Top 9 Cordless Irons Of 2020 Reviewed
- Top 9 Cordless Irons Of 2020 Reviewed
- 1. Rowenta DA1560 Travel Compact Steam Iron
- 2. Panasonic NI-WL600 Cordless
- 3. Steamfast SF-717 Mini Steam Iron
- 4. Panasonic NI-L70SRW Cordless Iron
- 5. Sunbeam Versa Glide Iron
- 6. Rowenta DE5020U5 FreeMove Cordless Steam Iron
- 7. Panasonic 360 Ceramic Cordless Freestyle Iron
- 8. Panasonic Ceramic Cordless Freestyle Iron
- 9. Panasonic PAN-NI-WL600 360 Degree Freestyle Cordless Iron
- How to Choose the Best Cordless Irons: The Ultimate Buying Guide
1. Rowenta DA1560 Travel Compact Steam IronBest Travel Iron
Are you always on the move and need a steamer to keep your garments smooth and wrinkle-free? Then look no further than the DA1560 from Rowenta that comes in a stylish compact shape with a micro-steam design. The stainless steel soleplate provides you with a superior glide and the tip is precise for effective ironing.
Its advanced steam features include adjustable temperature settings, consistent steam generation, and a button to burst out the steam. It also has a vertical steam option for increased ironing efficiency. The dual voltage of 120V/240V is another great feature that adds to the flexibility of this iron box. The 2-ounce water tank is transparent allowing you to clearly see the water level. The handle easily folds for compact storage and a carrying pouch is included for ease of travel.
- Variety of steam options
- Transparent water tank
- Foldable handle for compact storage
- Short life span
- Handle is a bit fragile
- Refilling water can get messy
2. Panasonic NI-WL600 CordlessBest Multi-Directional Iron
Ironing will never be the same again with the NI-WL600 Cordless Iron that has beautiful curves that allow for multidirectional movement as you iron. The added steam vents and a curved stainless steel soleplate will transform your ironing experience into a less hectic affair. The anti-calcium vents ensure that there’s no buildup of sediments in the iron’s steam chamber. It also has an anti-drip system that ensures your fabric doesn’t get soaked from water spots.
Through the electronic temperature control function, you can adjust the iron’s temperature to your desired temperature. You also have the choice of either steam or dry ironing by the push of a button. The 2 in 1 jet steam feature releases powerful steam that helps iron out any stubborn wrinkles. You can also use the vertical steam option to iron hanging clothes. The design has been masterly crafted with a cord reel at the bottom and includes a cover case with a carrying handle.
- Anti-calcification design for vents
- Multidirectional ironing for added flexibility
- Electronic temperature control
- Lasts a few months
- Can’t be positioned in an upward direction
- A bit pricey
3. Steamfast SF-717 Mini Steam Iron
When the time to iron your clothes comes, only the best tool can help you achieve the best results. The Steamfast SF-717 Mini Steam Iron is capable of removing creases from virtually any fabric. It has a 420-watt power capacity that is capable of heating the water in only 15 seconds. The water tank has a 1.4-ounce capacity, which is big enough to produce enough steam to iron several clothes. When filling the water tank, you shouldn’t go beyond the 1.1-ounce mark. For easy temperature change from one fabric type to another, this iron comes with easy-to-use settings.
The anti-slip handle has improved grip for easy handling. It is the best mini steam iron since it comes in a compact, easy-to-carry size. Thanks to the dual-voltage capabilities, you can use it anywhere in the world, whether 100 volts or 240 volts. As a show of the trust they have in this product, the manufacturers are offering a two-year hassle-free warranty. When you buy it, you will also receive a measuring cup and travel bag.
- Capable of heating up quickly enough
- Comes with a two-year warranty
- Mini-sized and portable
- Some said they saw no steam at all
- Some users reported cases of water spillage
- The unit tends to heat up when in use
4. Panasonic NI-L70SRW Cordless IronBest 3 in 1 Iron
Panasonic is one of the most reputable brands in the electronics industry and is loved for its functional and durable products. One such item from this giant brand is the NI-L70SRW which is both steam and dry 3-piece iron box which will make ironing a breeze. It boasts of sturdily built charging base that has an automatic retractable cord for easy operation. You will be blown away by the ergonomic design of the iron box that has a curvy steel soleplate and one-touch control buttons that will make ironing fun and hustle free.
The detachable water tank is also a great feature of this appliance as it ensures refilling the tank is less cumbersome. The adjustable steam button allows you to have the ideal concentration of steam for different types of fabric. Safety is also factored in the design of this handy iron box where the charging plate automatically shuts off if left unused for more than ten minutes. The reel is retractable to easily store the cord. Better yet, the iron comes with a carrying case for easy portability and storage.
- Retractable reel for the code
- Adjustable steam button
- 10-minute auto-shutoff feature
- No timer
- Stainless steel plate may have a drag
- Steam may not work well on lower temp settings
5. Sunbeam Versa Glide IronBest Hybrid Iron
As both a cordless and corded iron, the Versa Glide gives you options when it comes to ironing. At the flip of a switch, you can move from this hybrid iron from the charging plate and quickly iron without any cord. The soleplate is made of stainless steel that will provide you years of effortless ironing. To reheat and recharge, you just need to place the base of the iron on the charging plate. The iron also features spray mists that help iron out heavy wrinkles.
Specially designed with an anti-calcification feature, this iron will not clog up over time. The anti-leak design also helps prevents water leaks while the adjustable steam levels allow you to iron different fabrics. The iron also self-cleans to optimize the steam function. For adding the safety, this 1500 watt appliance automatically shuts off when left idle for more than 30 minutes.
- Self-cleans for optimized steaming
- Spray mists for stubborn wrinkles
- Anti-calcification and anti-leak feature
- May not hold heat well when on not on the plate
- Takes time to heat up
- Not great with heavy wrinkles
6. Rowenta DE5020U5 FreeMove Cordless Steam Iron
Enjoy total freedom as you iron with this Rowenta DE5020U5 FreeMove Iron that boasts of superior charging technology. So efficient is the technology that the iron adequately and quickly recharges as you reposition your fabric. It also features an ergonomic base which will adjust perfectly to the horizontal movement of ironing.
It also boasts of an auto shut off safety feature that automatically turns off the iron box when left idle for more than eight minutes. The appliance only takes 30 seconds to heat up and the thick aluminum central core ensures even heat distribution. It also has an anti-calcification design which prevents the vents from clogging up.
- 8-minute auto shut off feature
- The ergonomic base for horizontal movement
- Quickly recharges
- Produces little steam
- Doesn’t hold charge for long
- Not for extended ironing
7. Panasonic 360 Ceramic Cordless Freestyle IronBest Ceramic Iron
To iron fabrics with a wide surface area, then this 360 Ceramic Iron form Panasonic will help you get the job done quickly. It boasts of a wide non-stick base with a unique double point design. It also has adjustable steam option to suit different types of fabric and vertical steam option for ironing hanging clothes. It also features a detachable water tank that allows you to quickly refill the water without making a mess. The water reservoir is transparent so that you can conveniently monitor the steam level.
- Wide base to easily iron large fabrics
- Adjustable steam option
- Detachable water tank
- A bit pricey
- Vents can get clogged
8. Panasonic Ceramic Cordless Freestyle Iron
Panasonic brings you this uniquely designed Freestyle Iron specially constructed with a wide area to help you iron large fabrics such as curtains effortlessly. It has a ceramic soleplate that heats up fast and retains heat for longer to ensure efficient ironing. It also has a double point design to ensure smooth movement. You can easily adjust the steam and even utilize the vertical steam option for hanging clothes.
- Wide base for large fabrics
- Ceramic plate for better heat retention
- Vertical steam option
- Refilling water is hectic
- Easily clogs
9. Panasonic PAN-NI-WL600 360 Degree Freestyle Cordless Iron
Panasonic brings you this sleek PAN-NI-WL600 Cordless Iron that boasts of a sleek ergonomic design that will make ironing pleasurable. You no longer have to worry about water spots since it has an anti-drip system that prevents any leaks. The easy touch temperature control buttons make adjusting the temperature easy.
The iron also allows you to adjust the steam to suit the fabric that you are ironing. You can also choose between steam and dry iron through the press of a button. The 2 in 1 Jet Steam and Self Cleaning system releases a burst of steam that helps tackle even the most stubborn wrinkles.
- 360-degree movement
- Jet Steam and self-cleaning system
- Electronic temperature control
- Charging base is a bit large
- Takes time to heat up
- A bit heavy
How to Choose the Best Cordless Irons: The Ultimate Buying Guide
The way you look reveals more about your personality than you could ever imagine. One of the ways to look disorganized and not serious is showing up for meetings and meetups with wrinkled clothes. Yes, ironing can be cumbersome and boring but it’s necessary and important to get rid of those wrinkles for good grooming. Iron boxes have come a long way since the early centuries when a hot plate was used to hard press the clothes of the high and mighty. The newest entrant into the ironing scene is a cordless iron.
What’s a Cordless Iron?
Well, you won’t be the first to think of a battery powered gadget that operates wirelessly when you hear the term cordless iron. However, the term cordless here is used to mean that the actual iron box is without a cord but to operate it needs to rest on a charging plate that is connected to a power outlet. So the plate needs to be plugged in every time you are ironing so that you can reheat the iron every time you are repositioning the garment.
Is a Cordless Iron Worth All the Hype?
The choice between a cordless iron and corded one is really a matter of personal preference. Each comes with its own benefits and disadvantages. There those who wouldn’t want any other type of iron box except a cordless one. For one, it gives you a lot of freedom as you iron whereas a corded one will limit you to a particular spot.
While a cordless iron may not generate as much steam as its corded counterpart, it gets the job done in a hustle free manner. For those that love traveling, you will find cordless irons a great option since they come in a compact, foldable design. However, if you have a huge load of clothes in the laundry basket waiting to be smoothed out, a cordless iron or clothes dryers may make your task tedious since you have to wait for it to reheat after every garment.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Cordless Iron
Here’s a number of things to keep in mind before adding that cordless iron to your shopping cart;
- Steam – There are so many aspects about steam in an iron box. You need to know whether the steam generation is variable such that you can control the amount of steam depending on the fabric you are ironing. Stubborn wrinkles need a sudden gush of steam while the vertical steam option is great for fabrics like curtains where you can iron them while hanging.
- Temperature Control – One major factor before picking an iron is the ability and ease of controlling the temperatures on the soleplate when ironing. Electronic controls are easy to operate and quickly adjust to meet the heat requirements of the garment that you are ironing.
- Soleplate – This is the under part of the iron and has to be top notch quality to avoid ruining your garment. Most are made of stainless steel which is non-stick which provides a smooth glide over your garment. Some feature vents which release steam when ironing; ensure that the iron has anti-calcification design to prevent buildup of sediments that may clog these vents.
- Water Reservoir – Ensure that you go for a transparent water tank so that you can clearly monitor the water level as you iron to prevent running out of steam. The water tank should also be easy to refill without making a mess.
- Safety – Most cordless irons comes with an auto shut off feature that automatically switches off the appliance if it’s left idle for an extended period of time. The iron should provide you with an audible sound when it goes off to assist you to ensure that it’s turned off before you leave.
Ironing doesn’t have to bore and restrictive when you have a cordless iron. You will enjoy the freedom of movement as you press your garment and the curvy designs will provide you with a smooth glide over your garment. Hopefully, this review has shed light on the best cordless iron out there that will help get rid of wrinkles without much hustle.