A home is your perfect getaway after a long day’s work. A sanctuary which helps you relax, while at the same time expressing the real you. Your thoughts, ideas, preferences, feelings, and favorites. That is why when you are thinking of redecorating your home you should not settle for less.
Many people forget that windows contribute immensely to the overall décor of a home. One of the major ways of embellishing your windows to fit in with the rest of your home’s décor is by using window curtain rods.
There are many types of curtain rods and knowing just which one to settle for is not a walk in the park. That is why we have featured some of our favorite curtain rods that might work for you based on quality, price and also aesthetic appearance. Follow through.
Best 10 Curtain Rods of 2019 Reviewed
- Best 10 Curtain Rods of 2019 Reviewed
- 1. Kenney 5/8″ Beckett Decorative Window Curtain Rod
- 2. Achim Home Furnishings Buono II Jordan Curtain Rod with Finials
- 3. Beme International Kid’s 5/8-Inch Acrylic Crown Rod Set
- 4. Bali Blinds 5/8″ Ball Cafe Rod Set
- 5. Roomdividers Premium Tension Curtain Rod
- 6. Umbra Cappa Curtain Rod
- 7. Decopolitan Beme International Urn Telescoping Double Drapery Rod Set
- 8. Sheffield Home Ultra – Refined Cage Curtain Rod
- 9. Decopolitan End Cap Single Rod
- 10. Achim Home Furnishings Metallo Ilana Curtain Rod and Finial
- Best Curtain Rods: Ultimate Buying Guide
1. Kenney 5/8″ Beckett Decorative Window Curtain RodBest Curtain Rod for Medium Weight Curtains
When looking for the best curtain rods for large windows, you need an adjustable decorative window rod that can extend to fit the length of the window. The Kennedy Becket has got you sorted in this regard. It adjusts from 48 inches to 86 inches with a total diameter of 5/8”. This means that it can withstand light to medium weight curtains for your all windows.
To make it more durable, this window rod is made of steel. The metal rod -which comes in a range of colors – is decorated with finials made of plastic bronze as well as matching hardware. To meet your style, the decorative window rod gives the option of going with weathered brown, Pewter, Oil rubbed bronze and black. So, you can be sure that not only does the rod adjust and meet your sense of style, but also complement your home décor.
- Features decorative soft square shaped finials
- Easy to installation
- Adjustable up to 86” to fit your large windows
- Cannot support heavy drapery and curtains
- May rust when in contact with moisture
- Delicate coat finishes
2. Achim Home Furnishings Buono II Jordan Curtain Rod with FinialsBest for Standard Size Curtains
When you decide to redecorate your home but the windows are just too large for the curtains, then adjustable curtain rods will do the trick. Achim home furnishings curtain rod comes as a complete set, which includes the rod, brackets, hardware, and the finials. The most amazing thing about this set is that, the brackets are adjustable to give you room for choice when comparing distances from the wall up to 3-3/4”.
It is hard enough setting up decorative window rods without manuals, and that’s why Achim home furnishing window rods come with instructions. This will guide you on the assembly process and how you can benefit from the telescopic feature of the best curtain rod.
- Comes as a complete set of finials, curtain rods, brackets and hardware
- Adjusts telescopically
- Assembly instructions included
- Not made of quality metal
- Easily detached when overextended in the middle
- Poorly design screw entry slots
3. Beme International Kid’s 5/8-Inch Acrylic Crown Rod SetBest Decorative Curtain Rod
If you are looking for an aesthetic finish with decorative window rods, perhaps the Beme, which comes with a clear acrylic crown, will complement your house décor effectively. The curtain rod is made of steel right from the brackets to the frame itself. It comes with a telescoping feature so you can worry less about the size of your windows.
The Acrylic Clear Crown Rod Set complements most of the beddings and upholstery in every home, making it a perfect addition to a kid’s room. When it comes to size, the curtain rod can extend up to 86 inches making sure that every inch of your window length is covered. To top it all, all the mounting hardware comes inclusive of the set which means you don’t have to spend a few more bucks getting the necessary hardware.
- Comes with all the mounting hardware
- Simple fun and complements most of the household upholstery
- Made of steel which is very durable
- Comes with limited color choices
- Doesn’t accommodate heavy curtains
- May be subject to scratches making them wear fast
4. Bali Blinds 5/8″ Ball Cafe Rod SetBest Curtain Rod with a Dull Shine
When refurbishing your home or decorating your newly built house, you need to have room for choice when it comes to your curtain rods. Luckily, the Bali Blinds ball café rod comes in a variety of color. Be it white, black or even gold, this curtain rod offers you the best colors to complement your home décor. The metal rod comes with 5/8” diameter which is just large enough to fit a variety of curtains and blinds.
Like most of the best curtain rods from our selected list, Bali does well to include an adjustable feature so that it can cover a variety of window lengths. At the end of each Bali window rod is a decorative ball that brings an elegant finish to the overall décor of your room. When it comes to installation, this curtain rod is very easy to set up and install.
- Variety in color and design
- Easy to assemble and install
- Features a telescopic adjustable length
- Delicate screws which break with excessive use of force
- Delicate anchors
- Features a dull shine which might not be effective enough if you like a crispy one
5. Roomdividers Premium Tension Curtain RodBest Curtain Rod with a Dull Shine
If the size is your ultimate guide while looking for the best curtain rods, then Roomdividers, which comes in 80 to 120 inches long and 1 inch in diameter, is exactly what you need. It is not only easy to install but also very attractive giving you quite a creative way of hanging your drapes and curtains within your home. The curtain rods are held steadfast by spring loaded tensions which are fastened along the wall holding a strong grip reinforced by clear rubber.
When it comes to strength, Roomdividers were created from annealed hardened steel which can withstand the heavy weight of drapes and curtains hanged from rooms with a height of up to 10 ft. when it comes to color variety, Roomdividers does not fall short. This curtain rod comes in four different color choices including crispy white, Asphalt black Silver and gold.
- Wide color variety
- Comes with detailed manufacturer’s instructions for installation
- Very strong and durable due to its hardened and annealed steel
- Can rust when it comes in contact with moisture
- When adjusted too much the rod may bow at the center
- No option of joining two rods at a go
6. Umbra Cappa Curtain RodBest Extendable Curtain Rod
Umbra Cappa adjustable rod features a unique understated design which is intended to complement both your curtains as well as drapes. Cappa features an adjustable length of up to 144 inches which supports light to medium weight curtain or drapes. It also features a contemporary design style making it ideal for modern homes that need a little touch of contemporary finish.
When it comes to installation, you’ll love this curtain rod. It comes with a complete set of all hardware you may require to set up. This includes matching finials made of metal, adjustable wall curtain rod brackets, drywall anchors, screws as well as easy to follow manufacturer’s instructions. To top it all, Cappa comes in a variety of diameters including ¾ inch, 1 inch and 1 ¼ inch and can support a maximum of 22lbs.
- Comes in three diameters, ¾ inch, 1 inch, and 1 ¼ inch
- Features a contemporary design style
- Comes with a complete set of finials and hardware
- Cannot be supported on either of the two ends
- Cannot be used as a room divider
- The finials with a nickel finish get easily scratched
7. Decopolitan Beme International Urn Telescoping Double Drapery Rod SetBest Double Drapery Curtain Rod
The Decopolitan Beme International Urn Telescoping Rod comes in twos, front drapery, and sheer drapery rods. The front drapery rod comes in 7/8” diameter whilst the back-sheer drapery/curtain rod measures 5/8” inches in diameter. When it comes to length, whether you have short or long window lengths, you are well covered. You will love the fact that the curtain rod comes in duplicate lengths of 36-72” and also 72-144”.
When mounting, Decopolitan Beme curtain rods are amongst the easiest to set up — just a few minutes and they are done. They also come with mounting hardware inclusive in the package. To top it all, these curtain rods are adorned with a variety of colors independently to give your home satisfying décor and style.
- Comes in a range of colors
- Features duo curtain rod for front drapery and sheer drapery
- Easy to install as well as all hardware inclusive of the set
- difficult to get a snug fit for the screws using a drill
- Poor quality metal material
- Finials are tiny hence not revealing the aesthetic aspect well
8. Sheffield Home Ultra – Refined Cage Curtain Rod
Embellish your windows by giving them that exotic modern finish with Sheffield Home curtain rods. These rods come in a range of colors including brushed nickel, oil rubbed bronze, satin nickel, warm gold, and white. With Sheffield home, one complete set comes with an adjustable curtain rod, installation hardware, and also 2 finals which are designed for a small sized window.
When it comes to length, these curtain rods come in a variety including 22-42” and 42-120”. The curtain rod is very durable thanks to its high-quality premium steel that can accommodate heavy weights — both drapes and curtains. For assembly, you are also furnished with a trilingual manual to help you through.
- Long-lasting thanks to the high premium steel
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Comes in a variety of both size and packs
- Not very sturdy
- Cannot withstand very heavy drapes
9. Decopolitan End Cap Single RodBest Curtain Rod with Copper Classic Finish
Adorn your windows with a touch of classic copper finish with this Decopolitan End Cap Single Rod. With a length of 36-72 inches and 7/8 inches in diameter, this beauty will not hold back any attention for your windows. The curtain rod features a clear copper finish with other color choices like black espresso and nickel available to complement your home décor.
This marvel comes in handy when hanging lightweight to mid-weight curtains. Its’ robust steel construction can accommodate heavier fabrics with a clean design to suit all your wide range of design styles within your home. What about the mounting hardware? All inclusive and matching holdbacks are available in case you need some.
- Color variety like black espresso
- Features robust steel construction
- Stylish design to match your house decor
- Does not include back sheer rod for sheers
- Hardware does not hold up very well with excessive force
- Easily scratched hence losing the original stylish appearance
10. Achim Home Furnishings Metallo Ilana Curtain Rod and Finial
If you are Looking to give your home a touch of contemporary design with a twist of rustic finish, then Metallo Ilana rod is your best bet. The curtain rod features sophisticated craftsmanship as well as Quality for those with an elegant taste. The classic Ilana design features a white and gold finish giving it that antique look with cracked glass finials that will add the perfect touch for all your windows. The Metal rod comes in a diameter of 0.75 inches and can adjust telescopically giving you room to play with.
When purchased, a whole set features adjustable curtain rod, two finials, as well as adjustable brackets and screws (both wall and ceiling). For installation, only a few tools are required for a complete installation including. For color variety, you can opt for gold, clear white, distressed white and also silver.
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Comes in a variety of materials including metal and also acrylic
- Easily to assemble with the aid of the manufacturer’s manual
- The finish gets scratched easily hence losing original look
- Glass finials are very delicate and prone to breaking
- Finials easily detach from the metal rod
Best Curtain Rods: Ultimate Buying Guide
Let’s admit it! When it comes to changing the decor of the house, we mostly focus on getting the right curtain color, fabric, and design. However, we overlook the importance of having the best curtain rods and end up buying any you come across. Curtain rods not only helps you hung your curtains but also adds a decorative element to your house in general. Detailed below are some of the key considerations to take while choosing the best curtain rods for your house:
Types of Curtain Rods
To begin with, you need to consider the type of curtain rod you want to buy. Some of the most common types of rods you can choose from include specialty rod, classic rod, the track rod, the tension rod, and the return rod.
The type that you decide on will hugely depend on your specific needs and preferences. Understanding the different types of rods will come in handy while choosing the best one for your home.
Curtain Rod Size
Buying the right curtain rod size is paramount as you don’t want to get a thin rod that won’t support the weight of your heavy curtain or one that too short to fit. With that in mind, the rod you choose should have a considerable diameter to bear the weight of your curtains.
Next, you have to ensure you select a rod long enough to fit your window or any other place you intend to use it. It is also advisable to pick one that’s a bit longer than your window size; this will give your curtains a bigger coverage. However, you can choose rods with an adjustable length as they are more convenient.
Just as is the case with shower doors, the rod’s durability mainly depends on the type of material used. Some of the most common material types include glass, resin, wood, and metal. Thus, you should consider choosing a curtain rod made from durable and sturdy materials so that you might get a longer service and avoid replacing with new products time by time.
Metal rods are the most versatile and the most commonly used as they’re neither too flashy nor too dull. However, in most cases, the material you pick will hugely depend on the vibe you want to give to your room.
There are a large variety of curtain rods available and so are the rod designs that you can choose from. From rods with circular ends to ones with leaf or halberd designs, choosing the best will mainly depend on your individual taste. However, you can decide on buying a rod design that complements your room’s color, furniture, and decor.
Consider choosing a decorative rod or one with a classic finish if you’re to mount above the window frame and a traverse rod for curtains closed with a chord. Lastly, also ensure the color of the curtain rods you choose complements with the walls and the curtains’ color.
You also need to ensure that your curtain rod has the right number of support brackets to effectively hold the weight of your curtains. So, you might consider choosing a curtain rod with support brackets 50 inches apart because it’s the ideal structure to offer sufficient support of your curtains. That being said, longer rods should always have more brackets compared to shorter ones.
Whether you are redecorating your home with state-of-the-art finishes or embellishing your new home with glamorous décor, curtain rods do more than accompanying your exquisite drapery and sheers. They prompt the much-needed attention making your windows the center of focus while at the same time complementing the overall beauty if the home. Keep in mind that, the best curtain rods aren’t always the ones that look great, rather those that meet the desired results. Appearance is everything, but the length and material quality are also key for every curtain rod. Pick your best curtain rod and give your home that new finish.