Do you love driving for long distances? Do you enjoy the thrill of taking your driving to extremes to maximize your pleasure? Well, you need to protect yourself and ensure you remain safe on the roads. And how do you do this? The safety belt is, of course, a priority, but most people forget about another crucial gear — the driving gloves!
You see, the steering wheel is filthy. It absorbs all that dirt and oils on your hands all the time, sometimes becoming dirtier even more than the oil filter. In the worst case scenario, it doesn’t guarantee that perfect grip, something that can be disastrous when you are on the road.
The best driving gloves can solve this. They are meant to improve your driving experience, not only keeping your hands off the filthy wheel but also offering you additional grip to allow you to control your car with ease. To help you get the right pair for your needs, we have reviewed 10 cool driving gloves as well as a few helpful tips to help you make an informed decision.
Top 10 Driving Gloves of 2020 Reviewed
Best Driving Gloves For Men
1. Pratt and Hart Touchscreen Leather Driving GlovesBest Touchscreen-Capable Men Driving Gloves
Let’s begin our list with men Driving gloves.
The best driving gloves are those that are comfortable to your hands and which enable you to keep using your gadgets. One such example is the Pratt and Hart Touchscreen Leather Driving Gloves. As the name suggests it is made in such a way that you can use it on any touchscreen. The sheepskin leather is super-soft and comfortable for a man’s hands. It also incorporates lambskin, deerskin, and goatskin, all of which are soft. The lining is made of wool so that you can truly feel warm.
These driving gloves are made in a unique design that features an elastic wrist snugger and knuckles holes. Apart from firmly holding in place, the gloves are welcomingly breathable. You can be sure of never feeling like your hands are being squeezed out of air.
- Made of soft, fine-grained leather for extra comfort to your hands
- Features a woolen lining for a warm, breathable experience
- Suitable for use on any kind of touchscreen
- With time, the gloves’ touchscreen capability tends to wear off
- May not fit the size and may prove to be too tight
- May begin to come apart after only a few months of use
2. New Men’s Perforated Wrist Sheepskin Genuine Leather GloveBest Men’s Driving Gloves with Perforated Wrists
Are you looking for gloves that can withstand the rigors of daily driving? If yes, then you should try this pair of gloves. They are made of super-soft Nappa Shipskeen leather for extra comfort to your hands. One thing you will appreciate about these gloves is how comfortable the knuckles feel. They feature a unique fingerless design for better grip and a closer fit. Since your fingers will be exposed, you don’t have to worry about touchscreen capability.
The makers of these gloves promise a product that feels more like a second skin. If you need a pair of customized gloves, all you need to do is ask. The lining is made of simulation silk material, which is suitable for all-season wearing.
- Features a fingerless design, which allows for better grip and a closer fit
- Has a silk lining, meaning you can wear them in any kind of season
- The Nappa sheepskin material is soft and comfortable to the hands
- Might prove to be too tight even when in the largest sizes
- May not be suitable for use in extremely cold weather
- Some reviewers have complained about the way the finger end is constructed
3. Riparo Men’s Leather Reverse Stitched Fingerless Half-Finger Driving, Motorcycle GlovesBest Half-Finger Driving Gloves for Men
The best driving gloves for men are those made from supple, soft lambskin leather. So is the Riparo Men’s Leather Fingerless Driving Gloves. The lambskin leather is comfortable to wear and highly breathable. They are made even more comfortable by the fact that they are reverse-stitched. No uncomfortable spots on your fingers.
Given that these gloves are handmade, the final product arises crafting that takes into account the minutest of details. Don’t be surprised if these gloves catch onto your hands like a second skin. These gloves do not have any lining type. You can be sure to find a pair of gloves that fit your hands with precision.
- Made of supple, soft lambskin leather for a comfortable driving experience
- They are handmade to ensure you get a product that’s given all the required attention
- Reverse stitching ensures that you do not have to grapple with uncomfortable seams
- Some reviewers have complained about the gloves fitting too tight
- Other reviewers have ranted about the gloves coming apart after a short time of use
- Some pairs might be too short for large-sized hands
4. Riparo Motorsports Men’s Fingerless Half-Finger Driving Fitness Motorcycle Cycling Unlined Leather GlovesBest for Driving and Riding
You don’t have to be a motorsports enthusiast to buy a nice pair of gloves. Even for regular drivers, these Riparo Motorsports Fingerless Half-Finger Driving Gloves can be of great help. They are made of genuine, super-soft, perforated leather. That means they are breathable and comfortable to wear. Because of the soft leather, you will hardly feel uncomfortable in your hand or knuckles while driving.
To enhance the comfort levels for your knuckles, the gloves have special knuckle holes. Thus, you don’t have to feel pressure on your knuckles when you fold your hand. These gloves have virtually no lining. However, they have a wrist strap, which features a snap button for easy fastening.
- Made of soft, breathable, perforated lambskin leather
- Features knuckle holes for extra comfort to your hands
- Has a wrist strap with a dedicated snap button for easy fastening and unfastening
- The dye might be transferred to your hands when sweaty and wet
- They are mostly undersized, which means you should order for a size larger
- The gloves tend to shrink when washed in water
5. BMW M Driving GlovesBest Premium Driving Gloves for Men
Trust a carmaker to come up with the best driving gloves for men. Crafted with the driver’s needs in mind, these gloves are a must-have. The BMW M Driving Gloves are made of black Cabretta leather of the highest quality. You will be surprised that some reviewers have described these gloves as soft as butter.
If you are an aggressive or competitive driver, these are the gloves you ought to buy. They come with side-zip fastening for a more comfortable on and off process. The wrist band is composed of elastic neoprene which firms holds the gloves in place.
- Made by a reputable car maker and can, therefore, be instructed
- Made of soft leather so that it is comfortable for your hands whether folded or unfolded
- The side-zip makes it easier for you when fastening and unfastening
- Some reviewers have reported the gloves ripping along the seams within a short time
- Some buyers have complained about the gloves being too expensive
- May not work very well in extremely cold settings while motorcycling
Best Driving Gloves for Women
6. Coolibar UPF 50+ Unisex Sun Gloves – Sun ProtectiveBest Unisex Sun and Driving Gloves
When it comes to driving gloves for women, you have to look more at the design and material than anything else. The Coolibar UPF 50+ Unisex Sun Gloves are made from a blend of polyester and spandex. They are easy to wear, given that all it takes is to pull them on. If you are prone to sweaty hands, the gloves are highly breathable. So you don’t have to worry about them getting all soaked up.
To ensure the utmost dexterity and grip, the gloves feature silicone prints on the fingers and hands. With that, it will be very easy for you to steer your car. Regardless of the color of gloves you pick, they have the ability to block UVA/UVB rays. You don’t have to worry about your hands being harmed by the sun when out motorcycling.
- Protects your hands against the harmful effects of UV rays
- A soft, comfortable, perfectly fitting fabric
- Features silicone prints on the hands and fingers for extra grip
- May not be perfect for use in extremely cold conditions
- If you buy a bigger size, you may not get the grip you need for driving
- Some reviewers have complained about the seams being poorly positioned
7. Ladies Driving Gloves w/Studded Straps & Gel PalmBest Half Finger Ladies Driving Gloves
Why should buy anything other than driving gloves of premium leather? These Ladies Driving Gloves fall squarely in that category. It features gel-padded palms and studded straps for extra grip. Whether you are driving a car or riding a motorcycle, these gloves make it easier for you to remain in steering control. You can never complain of missing a corner due to sweaty, slippery hands.
They have an open wrist band with a dedicated stretch panel that ensures you can easily put on and remove the gloves. You will find these gloves in all sizes ranging from small to extra-large. They are fingerless in nature. That essentially makes them very comfortable to wear. Additionally, the leather is supple enough to stretch and fit comfortably onto your hands.
- Made of premium soft, supple leather that has the ability to stretch and fit perfectly on your hands
- The gel-padded palms ensure you have extra grip when driving or riding
- Available in all sizes from small to extra-large
- They lack a proper loosening and tightening mechanism
- May prove a real problem when removing them after riding
- They may not work very well in extremely cold conditions
8. VANWALK Lightweight Warm Driving Gloves
Need a pair of the best driving gloves? The VANWALK Lightweight Warm Driving Gloves feature a fashionable anti-skid design, which increases abrasion and friction when holding the steering wheel. But these aren’t only driving gloves but may also serve riders. The elastic gloves perfectly fit the hands while remaining warm and comfortable. Yet that is not all about the design but more to do with the soft Lycra fabric. In fact the fabric is so warm that we recommend the gloves for driving, cycling. Running, walking, photography, and hiking in wintry weather.
The good thing is that these gloves can be used on any touchscreen, whether a phone, tablet or laptop. In short, you don’t have to remove the gloves to use your favorite gadgets. Both men and women can wear this pair of gloves without a problem. When you buy a pair, you will receive a one-year warranty that encapsulates free customer service. With all of these features, you will not have the need to buy any other brand of driving gloves.
- Resists abrasion, creates high friction, and hardly lets anything slip
- The elasticity of these gloves makes them easy to wear
- Meant for both men and women
- Some users said they aren’t warm enough
- The touchscreen tip may feel uncomfortable on the inside
- One user found the fingers on the gloves to be too long
9. Women Dots Sun UV Protection Outdoor Cotton Driving GlovesBest Stylish Women Driving Gloves
You probably wouldn’t mind having a light, comfortable pair of gloves that are made of cotton. Would you? These gloves feature a plethora of dots which make them beautiful but are also functional. It’s the dots that make give the gloves their anti-skid ability. Thus, wearing these gloves will afford you the perfect grip for riding or driving.
Due to their feminine look, these gloves are a must-have for women riders and drivers. You may also wear these gloves when out for a walk, leisure or shopping. It is important to note that they work perfectly with all kinds of touchscreens. If you must buy a pair of driving gloves, try these ones.
- Made with anti-slide dots for the perfect grip when riding or driving
- They are light and comfortable, thanks to the cotton fabric
- Multi-functional gloves that are ideal for activities other than driving or riding
- The gloves and too thin to the extent of being see-through and may not adequately protect you from the sun
- Some reviewers have complained about the gloves slipping too much
- The gloves may be too loose to fit onto small hands
10. ISOTONER Women’s Spandex Shortie Gloves with Leather Palm Strips
Every woman deserves a pair of gloves they can also use on their mobile phones and other touchscreens. The ISOTONER Women’s Spandex Shortie Gloves are just that. They are made with the SmarTouch technology for more accurate touchscreen operation.
The lightweight spandex material is warm, flexible, and perfect for all kinds of weather. If you are looking for a pair of gloves to wear in winter, you can always begin with this product. These gloves are available in all sizes ranging from small to extra-large. They come with an improved grip to ensure that you can take firm control of your car.
- The gloves are great for use with any kind of touchscreen including your mobile phone
- Made of perfectly fitting, spandex material
- Available in all sizes from small to extra-large
- The spandex is too thin for the gloves to be suitable for extremely cold conditions
- Some reviewers have complained about the SmarTouch function not working very well
- Due to the slippery nature of spandex, the glove might not have the best grip
How to Choose the Best Driving Glove: The Ultimate Buying Guide
Driving gloves are essential when it comes to keeping your hands warm. Additionally, they enhance your comfort level and keep you safe while on the go. Just like cycling gloves, you can rely on them for better handling or breaking grip. When the time comes to steer the vehicle in the right direction, driving gloves play a very important role. They work in cold and hot temperatures with an equal level of effectiveness. Here are things to look for when buying driving gloves:
Different Types of Driving Gloves
There are several types of driving gloves on the market. The most common are “dress” gloves and their “sport” counterparts. While the former consists of darker leather materials, the latter can be made from a variety of materials. However, there is a third type of which is known as “functional gloves”. Here are the three types discussed in detail:
- Dress Gloves. Dress driving gloves mainly come in the form of leather. It is black and tight fitting. The sides are characteristically straight. These gloves are usually made of calfskin, kidskin or lambskin. They feature cuffs that are mostly made of a different material from the leather on the gloves. To make the lining, soft materials such as rabbit fur and cashmere are used. The gloves have vents for additional flexibility to the fingers.
- Casual Gloves. While gloves are meant to be functional, they can also be casual, allowing you to use them even when not on the wheel. Casual gloves can be made of colored leather, pigskin, suede or wool. They often feature zippers, snaps, decorative stitching, and fingerless in nature.
- Functional Gloves. Functional gloves are meant to get the job done in a perfect way. Since we are talking about driving gloves, the pair you choose should have the ability to do just that. For instance, they should have the ability to protect your hands against cold temperatures. Also, driving gloves should have a sure grip for easy steering.
How Comfortable are the Gloves?
Different drivers define comfort in different ways. While some think it is about having less barrier from the gloves, others think thicker, protective gloves are the most protective. Characteristically, thinner gloves are great at retaining heat and warming up your hands. However, they aren’t as safe as their thicker counterparts. Since comfort is subjective, only choose a pair of gloves that best works for you.
Is the Design Ideal for Your Needs?
The design of driving gloves has much to do with the material from which it is made as it concerns the construction. Leather is undoubtedly the best material for such gloves. But that doesn’t mean that it should be made of cowhide leather. Since this kind of leather is too thick, the best materials are hair sheep and Cabretta leather. The lining could either be made of leather or cashmere.
How About the Fit?
You can only enjoy the benefits of having leather gloves if they perfectly fit onto your hands. But just how do you determine a perfect fit? It is always good to use a glove size chart to know it the pair will be fitting enough. You can then confidently buy your gloves knowing that they will fit and protect your hands while driving. Don’t forget to look for a blend cuff or Velcro strap for holding the gloves firmly into position.
Is the Hand Grip Perfect
The type of grip will vary from one type of glove to another. It depends on factors such as the design and shape of the gloves. What you should ensure that the gloves provide a solid grip when driving. The padding and stitching also matter. In most cases, driving gloves have leather patches serving the purpose of the grips.
Are the Gloves Easy to Clean and Maintain?
Why are you surprised? The ease of cleaning and maintaining driving gloves is a must if you want them to last for long. The ease of cleaning depends on the type of materials and construction. Check if your pair of gloves has a cleaning guide. If that’s not the case, simply soak them in clean water and scrub with your hands. The best cleaner is non-abrasive kind. It keeps the quality of the driving gloves intact for a long time to come.
Have you identified the type of driving gloves you need to buy? You should if you have gone through the products covered in this review and the comprehensive buying guide. The type of gloves you buy will depend on whether you are a man or a woman, even though there are some unisex products featured in this review. Good luck!