Bathroom sinks are central to the overall design and décor of your bathroom. They play a crucial role in the functionality of your bathroom as well as complementing the overall design. A bathroom is the epitome of fatigue relief and cleanliness for any home. It is the escape room at your workplace, the place to take a breather after strolling through the long aisles in the shopping mall.
So, you see, at the end of the day, the kind of sink you use in any bathroom will speak a lot about the value you place in this space. The best drop-in sinks will do the trick of making that small space appear inviting and trendy.
Finding the time to source for drop in sinks in today’s busy market is never a walk in the park, and that’s why we have compiled a list of the best sinks for your convenience. We present to you some of the options you can get today and a few handy tips to help you in your shopping.
Top 9 Drop In Sinks for Bathroom of 2020 Reviewed
- Top 9 Drop In Sinks for Bathroom of 2020 Reviewed
- 1. Sinkology Seville Copper Drop-in Bath Sink with Overflow in Aged Copper
- 2. White Bathroom Drop in Sink Square Self-Rimming Grade A Vitreous China with Single Faucet Hole and Overflow Renovator’s Supply
- 3. Eclife 24″ Drop in Rectangle 1.5 GPM Bathroom White Ceramic Sink
- 4. DECOLAV 1201-B Teanna Stainless Steel Round Drop-In or Undermount Lavatory Sink, Brushed
- 5. CHANGIE 1004W Bathroom Top Mount Vanity Sink Porcelain Drop in Basin, White,17×15 inches
- 6. Native Trails NSL2216-S Montecito Native Stone Drop-in Bathroom Sink, Slate
- 7. PROFLO PF20174WH 20-1/2″ Self Rimming (Drop-In) Oval Bathroom Sink – 3 Holes Drilled
- 8. American Standard 0476028.020 Aqualyn Drop-In Bathroom Sink, 7-5/8 In H X 20-3/8 In W X 17-3/8 In D, Vitreous China, 16″ x 10″, White
- 9. Fresca FVS8136WH Allier 36″ Rectangle Ceramic Drop-In Integrated Sink with Countertop, White
- How to Choose the Best Drop-In Sinks for Bathrooms: The Ultimate Buying Guide
1. Sinkology Seville Copper Drop-in Bath Sink with Overflow in Aged CopperBest Copper Drop-In Sink
If rustic style is your thing, then you would be glad to know that Sinkology Seville Copper Drop-in Bath sink which comes with an overflow would complement your décor very well. This beauty features an 18-gauge pure copper which is not only long lasting but also gives that authentic vintage look to your bathroom. This bath sink is handcrafted with style, functionality as well as aesthetic purpose in mind.
If you are looking into replacing your old bath sink, you need not worry. This bath sinks feature three faucet holes as well as an overflow and a drain installed. This means that it can easily fit in the original position of your old bath sink. The overall dimensions of the sink measure 16.5 x 11.75 x 5 Inches with the drain measuring 1.5 inches in diameter. To top it all, the sink comes with a lifetime warranty, guaranteeing you quality service.
- Features 18-gauge pure copper which is long lasting
- Easy to install
- Very easy to clean
- Hard to tell when the sink is actually dirty
- The aged copper finish doesn’t hold up well when exposed to acidic products like toothpaste and soap
- High maintenance costs
2. White Bathroom Drop in Sink Square Self-Rimming Grade A Vitreous China with Single Faucet Hole and Overflow Renovator’s SupplyBest for Small Spaces
Saving space in your home may mean everything to you, especially if you have a small bathroom. This is why White Bathroom Drop in Sink from Renovators supply is designed with a bold angular design that will not only save you space but also steal the show in your bathroom. This sink will by any means catch your attention with its white self rimming appearance. Like most of the best drop-in sinks for bathrooms, the “Luke” is crafted from grade A Vitreous China ceramic which makes this beauty both easy to clean as well as very durable.
Luke owes its posh design to art deco and classic vintage appearances for bathrooms. It is very easy to install as it features a drop in installation procedure. This masterpiece comes without any faucet hole giving you the option of installing wall mount or countertop faucets that will blend in well with the sink. The overall dimensions of this vessel are 18.3 x 24 x 5.5 inches.
- Features Self rimming vitreous china ceramic which is very durable
- Features easy installation
- Easy to clean and maintain
- A little pricey
- Accessory items are not included in the package
- Does not feature an overflow hole
3. Eclife 24″ Drop in Rectangle 1.5 GPM Bathroom White Ceramic SinkBest for Luxurious Spaces
Having trouble with maintaining your old sink? What if you could land on a scratch resistant curving edge sink? One that is not only very easy to clean but also very easy to install? That is Eclife drop in rectangle ceramic sink. Just as the name suggests, this sink is made from ceramic material. It is also glazed with a four-layer spray to give you that authentic shiny finish.
This sink comes in a rectangular shape that complements your bathroom style. It features a matching pop up drain and a chrome faucet with a 3.5 GPM flow rate that saves you water while protecting the environment. The overall size of the sink measures 24″ x 20″ x 5/8 with the faucet standing at 6-5/8″. Eclife drop in rectangular sink package includes the vessel sink, one faucet, 2 water supply lines, one pop up drain, an accessory package as well as a manual which is very easy to follow through.
- Features a scratch resistant curvy edge
- Very easy to clean
- Package comes with all accessories including the faucet and the drain
- The drainage material does not hold up after long usage
- Very delicate and prone to damage
- Features only one faucet hole hence limiting to the type of faucet to be used
4. DECOLAV 1201-B Teanna Stainless Steel Round Drop-In or Undermount Lavatory Sink, BrushedBest Bowl Drop-In Sink
Imagine a touch of subtle sophistication matched with elegance and durability! That is Decolav1201-B. Not only does this sink come in a round shape giving you a sense of continuity in form but also gives you room to decide whether you want it in undermount or drop-in style. Teanna stainless steel round drop-in sink features a contemporary/modern style making it compatible with most modern styles of interiors for your bathrooms. The stainless-steel material component makes this beauty long lasting making sure that it gives you more service with less maintenance costs.
When it comes to faucet holes, even though faucets are not included in the packaging, Teanna stainless steel sink does not limit you to specific faucet types the more reason why it does not come with faucet holes. This makes it easier for you to play around with various types of faucets, either wall mount or countertop until you arrive the best decision. This sink measures approximately 15 inches in diameter. The overall depth measures 5.56 inches with the sink weighing 4.5lbs
- Durable stainless steel
- Very easy to clean and maintain
- Features a contemporary/ Modern round shape making it easy to blend in well with various designs
- Does not come with the accessories inclusive of the packaging
- Prone to damage through scratching on the surface
- The surface is prone to water marks left after the water has dried off
5. CHANGIE 1004W Bathroom Top Mount Vanity Sink Porcelain Drop in Basin, White,17×15 inchesBest Round Porcelain Drop In Sink
Variety is key when it comes to achieving the height of elegance in your home and that’s why Changie 1004w bathroom sink comes in an oval shape, to complement your bathroom style. This drop in vessel features Chinese ceramics topped with a modern design style. This tough vessel owes its strength to vitreous china and ceramic construction. The surface is non-porous hence dries off quickly and makes it very easy to clean.
CHANGIE 1004W Bathroom Top Mount Vanity Sink is modeled to fit any occasion. Be it in your home, hotel restaurant and even villa, it will hold up pretty well making it one of the best drop-in sinks for any bathrooms. When it comes to size, you can expect 17.5 x 15 x 7.5 inches with an unglazed rim of 445x380x190mm. This beauty does not feature any faucet holes but does include an overflow hole. For easy installation, a manual is included.
- Features vitreous china and ceramic construction which makes it very strong and durable
- Comes in color white which blends in well with most bathroom styles and décor
- Non-porous surface makes it dry off easily
- White color is prone to streaks of stain left off by water
- Package does not include the necessary accessories like faucets
- Prone to damage by isopropyl chemicals found in most cleaners
6. Native Trails NSL2216-S Montecito Native Stone Drop-in Bathroom Sink, SlateBest Concrete-Like Drop In Sink
Native trails which derive its mesmerizing natural look from native slate stone is not only very light in weight, but also features a very exceptional coloration. The sink is crafted by the best hands using a blend of natural materials making it very sustainable. Worried about stains? With Native trails, stains, scratches and also cracks are a thing of the past. In terms of shape, this sink comes in a rectangular shape which is small enough to fit right into your small bathroom space yet large enough to accommodate all your needs.
When it comes to style, Native trails does not fall shot. This marvel features a slightly raised profile, showcasing its linear yet transitional style. Its natural appearance brings out a rustic feel. For variety in color, you can expect a pearl, slate and ash finish. This vessel is a revolutionary result of great innovation and craftsmanship where natural looks meet elegance and style.
- Very easy to clean
- features sustainable materials
- Strong and good for heavy duty activities in the bathroom
- Does not feature accessories in the packaging
- Very pricy
- No overflow hole featured
7. PROFLO PF20174WH 20-1/2″ Self Rimming (Drop-In) Oval Bathroom Sink – 3 Holes DrilledBest Self-Rimming Drop-In Sink
If you are considering refurbishing your bathroom or perhaps installing new fixtures, then consider a space-saving, durable and elegant drop in sink like Proflo Self Rimming Oval Bathroom Sink. The sink, which is primarily made of vitreous china ceramic, a durable and tough ceramic material, comes with three faucet holes, a concealed overflow hole as well as a drain.
The sink material which is also self-rimming is very easy to clean and its white color blends in well with most bathroom décor. As for measurements, Proflo measures 20.5 x 17.5 x 7.56 inches. Proflo drop-in sink can also be mounted using ADA installation giving you a variety of installation options.
- Stain resistant
- Comes with faucet holes included
- Self-rimming, durable vitreous material
- Very fragile if mishandled during installation
- No accessories in the packaging
- No variety in color
8. American Standard 0476028.020 Aqualyn Drop-In Bathroom Sink, 7-5/8 In H X 20-3/8 In W X 17-3/8 In D, Vitreous China, 16″ x 10″, White
American standard which comes in tapered edges is yet another key drop in sinks that will give you value for your money. This vessel is made from Vitreous China. Coming in white color, this drop-in sink features 4-layer non-porous glazing. This means that it dries off very quickly and it does not stain easily. What’s more, use a damp cloth to wipe the dirt off, and it will be sparkling like its brand new.
American standard drop-in sink is also a self-rimming vessel that comes in an oval shape. This sink comes with 3 faucet holes included as well as a drain and a concealed overflow. The product features a negligible weight given its size and weight. For dimensions, you can expect the vessel in 16″ x 10″ with a weight of approximately 21.2 pounds.
- Very easy to clean
- Features faucet holes as well as drain and overflow
- Vitreous China material which is durable
- Does not include accessories in the packaging
- Lack variety in color and style
- Lengthy installation guide
9. Fresca FVS8136WH Allier 36″ Rectangle Ceramic Drop-In Integrated Sink with Countertop, WhiteBest Single-Hole Rectangular Drop In Sink
Fresca rectangle Ceramic Drop-In comes in a stylish rectangular shape. This drop-in sink features very wide top surface area which can be used for placing other items like soaps and detergents. Fresca is made from the Vitreous China; a very durable ceramic material used in most top-notch households’ fixtures. Crafted by the best experts in the field, Fresca features clean lines, elegant form and a great sense of symmetrical balance making it compatible with most décor styles in your home.
Fresca features one faucet hole centrally placed to conform with the balance scale of the design and style of this vessel. What’s more, the overflow which lies just below the faucet features a silver ring giving the sink a distinguished appearance from the ordinary drop-in sinks. The overall measurements of the sink are 36″W x 18.25″D x 5.25″H with the usable area of the sink being 19.38″W x 11.25″L x 5.25″ D.
- Elegant style and design
- Features vitreous China durable ceramic material
- Very easy to clean and maintain
- Fragile sleeves which extend far from the usable area of the sink
- Small usable area measuring 19.38″W x 11.25″L x 5.25″ D
- Style confines the sink to accommodating one faucet
How to Choose the Best Drop-In Sinks for Bathrooms: The Ultimate Buying Guide
There are many bathroom sinks you can get, including pedestal sinks, vessel sinks, and now the drop-in versions. People like drop-in sinks because of the self-trimming edges that make them perfect for DIY installation. Even though available in different types, all of them come with a straightforward installation process. You simply drop the bowl in the counter cutout and have the outer rim resting on the countertop.
To get the best drop-in sinks for bathrooms you have to do your homework. The following are factors to consider when choosing drop-in sinks for bathrooms:
Drop-in sinks for bathrooms are made of different materials. They include stainless steel, cast iron, vitreous china, integrated solid sink, brass & copper. Each one of these is discussed below in greater detail.
- Stainless steel. This is one of the most popular materials for making drop-in sinks. The price depends on how thin or thick the material is. The cheaper thin metal easily scratches and may prove hard to keep clean. That’s why you may opt for a higher quality one. Even though the shiny sinks look great, they are worse when it comes to staining and scratching.
- Cast iron. Cast iron sinks usually come with a tough outer enamel cover that’s hard to chip. The good thing about the enamel is that it is easy to clean. All you have to do is to wipe with a wet rag to get it clean.
- Integrated solid. When ordering a solid countertop, you can get it together with a molded sink. Depending on your needs, the color can be the same as the countertop or complimentary. Even though it can easily scratch, repairing it is as easy as buffing.
- Vitreous china. As one of the most popular materials used to make sinks, vitreous china comes in mainly ornamental designs. Since they come without mounting holes, you have to install the faucets in the countertop. The only drawback with this kind of material is that it is prone to chipping.
- Brass & copper. These are the best materials for making drop-in sinks for bathrooms. Even though as sturdy as stainless steel sinks, they require wiping dry after every use. If water is left to sit on the sinks, it may cause unwanted tarnishing.
What do you want the size of your new sink to be? Is it the same size as the one you are replacing? In that case, you don’t have to worry so much about the size. All you need is to find one that can perfectly replace the old one. In case you are remodeling or building a new bathroom, you need to have the measurements as start shopping. Since installing it is a DIY job, you need a sink that perfects fits in the requisite space on the countertop.
Consider the depth, front-to-back, side-to-side measurements. In most cases, the front-to-back dimensions for drop-in sinks range from 16 to 23 inches. Larger ones may range from 26 to 32 inches. Side-to-side measurements range from 19 to 24 inches. The depth is anywhere between 5 and 8 inches.
One of the most important aspects of drop-in sinks for bathrooms is the faucet-mounting holes. In most cases, the sinks have between two and four holes for mounting faucets and other accessories. In addition to faucets, other accessories that can be installed in the holes include a hot water tap and so on. The good thing is that it is possible to drill holes in drop-in sinks for bathrooms if they don’t come with them. So, determine the number of mounting holes you need before buying a drop-in sink. That’s especially when attempting a DIY installation job.
There are dozens of drop-in sinks out there in the market coming in a range of styles, designs, colors as well as materials. Finding what will work is key to getting value for your money. But its never an easy task. To bring you the list of the best drop-in bathroom sinks out there, we put a great deal of consideration on material component, design and style, price tag, functionality as well as maintenance costs. Therefore, feel free to find something that will work well for you as you embark on the journey of adorning your bathroom with the best of the best drop-in sinks.