Having a real massage, with a skillful masseur nudging your tension-ridden back and sore neck is something we all dread for after a long day of work. But let’s be honest: in a perfect world, it’s possible to have all the time to book an appointment and hit your favorite massage spa every day. But we are not living in one. With all your busy schedule, you might not get that time (and money) to make it happen.
What do you do? Sacrifice a good massage altogether? NO! An electric massager is the answer to your question. It’s more affordable and delivers the deep tissue massage you’d experience in a normal massage salon. Apart from relieving pain, these machines can help you relax and improve your mobility, allowing you to get better sleep. Some come in the form of vests and hoddies; others in the form of chairs; others in the form of massage pillows, and many other designs.
Since there are so many new models out there, our team of researchers has analyzed the market, choosing some of the best electric massagers based on their merits and demerits, cost, and overall ability to offer something more than kneaded muscle to give you the top of the line massage tech in town.
Related Review: Best Massage Oils
Top 15 Electric Massagers of 2020 Reviewed
- Top 15 Electric Massagers of 2020 Reviewed
- 1. Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager
- 2. RENPHO Rechargeable Hand-Held Deep-Tissue Massager
- 3. HoMedics 3D Shiatsu & Vibration Massage Pillow with Heat
- 4. HoMedics, Triple-Action Shiatsu Foot Massager with Heat
- 5. Snailax Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager
- 6. TheraRub Massager Percussion Double Head Electric Massager
- 7. Breo iPalm520s Electric Acupressure Hand Palm Massager
- 8. Thumper Mini Pro
- 9. RESTECK – Massagers for Neck and Back with Heat
- 10. Snailax Massage Mat
- 11. Exerscribe Personal Percussion Massage Gun
- 12. Back2Life Continuous Motion Massager
- 13. JINGOU 2 PCS Knee Massager
- 14. NURSAL Back Massager
- 15. MIGHTY BLISS Deep Tissue Back and Body Massager
- Choosing The Best Electric Massagers – The Ultimate Buying Guide
1. Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck MassagerBest Electric Back and Neck Massager
The reason the Zyllion Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager is a favorite of many is its ability to relieve back pain. Besides, it is affordable and compact. It is designed to knead and heat the area of your body you would like to be massaged. To perform its function, this device releases perfect pressure which, when combined with the heat gives you a wonderful experience. There are several reviews that attest to this product’s ability to relieve tension and pain in the back.
With this device, you do not need the services of a massage therapist. At the end of the day, when your muscles feel sore and overused, this massager will help you feel better. Even though primarily a beck and neck massager, it can also be used on thighs, calves, and abdomen to relieve pain. It is made with powerful 3-D nodes that offer deep kneading akin to shiatsu massage.
One thing you should know about this device is that it is easy to use. It includes an overheat protection feature to protect you from possible burns. The device further protects you by automatically shutting off every 20 minutes. Additionally, the multipurpose handle straps come in handy when you want to make adjustments to the pillow in the middle of a massage session.
- Easy to adjust
- It can be used on multiple parts of the body
- The heat-up option is powerful
- Turns out to be uncontrollable
- You have to plug-in directly
- May burn your hair
2. RENPHO Rechargeable Hand-Held Deep-Tissue MassagerBest Back, foot, neck, and shoulder Massager
It is always better to have a back, foot, neck, and shoulder massager all-in-one. That way, you won’t require a different massager for each of the functions. If that’s what you are looking for, consider the RENPHO Rechargeable Hand-Held Deep-Tissue Massager. It is designed to use the percussion technique to bring relief to multiple parts of your body. As such, you can use it on your arms, back, calf, feet, legs, muscles, neck, and shoulders. You could easily say that this device is designed to work on the whole of your body.
The powerful motor produces a maximum of 60 pulses per second to effectively relieve pain in all the places mentioned above. That’s definitely many more pulses than you will get from a professional masseur. It comes with a built-in battery that lasts for up to 140 minutes when fully charged.
Did you know that the designers of this back, foot, neck, and shoulder massager have your safety in mind? They have made this device to automatically shut down after 20 minutes to prevent it from overheating and protect you from getting scorched. It is also FDA registered and FCC certified. So, you do not have to worry about it harming you.
- Relieves multiple body parts
- The motor produces up to 60 pulses per second
- Safe to use
- Complains about getting defective units
- May produce a high-pitched noise
- Reports of a defective battery
3. HoMedics 3D Shiatsu & Vibration Massage Pillow with HeatBest Electric Massage Pillow
How about getting a good, fulfilling massage from a sleeping position? The HoMedics 3D Shiatsu & Vibration Massage Pillow is stylish, soft, and of the highest quality. Apart from using it while lying down, you can also use a pillow to support your head on your office chair. The highly portable massager is compact, discreet, and lightweight. You can shift its position depending on whether you want to massage your back, neck or shoulders.
One of the reasons for the popularity of this pillow massager is its reasonable price and great strength. The fabric is soft to provide you with extra cushioning. It comes with built-in controls which make it easy for you to operate. Since it fits well on your chair, you can use it virtually anywhere.
But just how is it able to provide you with the much-needed relief? The pillow works through the heat and vibration techniques to bring relaxation to your muscles. And, it is not just by heating up the muscles. Rather, it stimulates the flow of blood ensuring that your muscles are properly nourished. If you are looking for a deep shiatsu massage, this pillow massager is what you need to buy.
- A soft, heated massage pillow
- The price is reasonable
- A true shiatsu massager
- Reports about it causing electric shocks
- Not a full-back massager
- Poorly positioned buttons
4. HoMedics, Triple-Action Shiatsu Foot Massager with HeatBest Electric Foot Massager
The HoMedics, Triple-Action Shiatsu Foot Massager is best known for its affordability and strength. It is basically a high-quality, soft, and stylish massager designed for bringing the desired relaxation to your feet. Through circular kneading motions, it is able to free your feet from all the sores and aches from a tough day. By so doing, it mimics the experience you have from your favorite masseur.
With this foot massager, you can either use the heat feature or not. Regardless of your choice, you should be able to get an experience of a lifetime. But why would you want to turn the heat up? Through its penetrating action, the heat brings relief to the muscles in your toes and arches. Within no time, the achy and tired feet will be a thing of the past. By stimulating the flow of blood, the heat also promotes healing to your feet.
You will like the fact that this foot massager has several integrated controls which make it extremely easy to use. With a simple toe touch, you can turn it on and start the heating function. Best of all, the device comes with a large enough platform for people with small and big feet. You will be protected from possible scorching, thanks to the included breathable fabric.
- A strong foot massager
- A nice, relieving heat feature
- Has a super-soft, breathable fabric
- Difficulty with pressure adjustment
- Only for massaging feet
- May not work well for people with deep arches
5. Snailax Shiatsu Neck & Back MassagerBest Electric Massage Chair
If you can get a dedicated chair massager, why should you buy a hand-held one? With the Snailax Shiatsu Neck & Back Massager, it is possible to have a professional massage right from your home or office chair. The chair is big enough to be able to massage you in the back, neck, and shoulders. With this device, there is no guesswork. Simply turn it on and it will get to work.
For relief of pain in the neck, center back, upper back, lower lumbar or shoulders, this is the perfect device for you. It has the ability to provide deep-penetrating massage for the whole of your back. That’s something you may not achieve using hand-held electric massagers. It the pain of localized, simple set the chair to focus on that particular area.
The massage nodes are available in sets of 4 in both the back and neck areas. If you want relief in the neck, you can set the chair massager to concentrate its action there. Using the heat function, you can warm up the target areas for extra relief to the muscles. As a safety measure, the massager is equipped with a function to protect it from overheating. Can you find a better electric massager?
- Relieves back pain due to sitting at a desk for long
- Massage nodes are adjustable
- A warm heat function
- May not reach high up the back
- Taller individuals may not benefit fully
- Has a slippery seat position
6. TheraRub Massager Percussion Double Head Electric MassagerBest Electric Head Massager
The TheraRub Percussion Head Massager is great when it comes to providing deep-tissue massage. It is designed to work with the vibration technique. The device produces high-frequency vibrations that penetrate your muscles to provide a soothing effect. All this without causing any kind of discomfort to your body.
Depending on your desired results you can choose among the three massage heads that come with this device. The massage heads are designed differently. Therefore, each one of them provides a totally different feeling when used on your body. It is difficult to find a head massager that gives you a lot of room when it comes to customizing your massages. Changing these heads is tantamount to working with different masseurs.
Each of the massage heads features a circular design for a more relaxing experience. Apart from relaxing the muscles, it will also provide relief to a tired brain. In addition to being lightweight, this massager is very powerful in loosening sore muscles and relaxing muscle spasms. It comes with a 14-foot power cord that provides for convenient use. That’s a departure from other hand-held massagers, which have cords measuring only 6 feet. So, why buy anything else?
- A strong, lightweight massager
- Can be used anywhere on the body
- More affordable than the other massagers
- Has a short handle
- No heating effect
- A warranty for only 6 months
7. Breo iPalm520s Electric Acupressure Hand Palm MassagerBest Electric Hand/Palm Massager
If all you want is to massage your hand or palm, there is no need for the bigger massagers. Using the Breo iPalm520s, you can provide quick relief to your hardworking hands. It works in two ways. Firstly, it generates air pressure to create a soothing rhythm that closely imitates reflexology. By pressing multiple points on your fingers and palms, the massager relieves any form of pain therein.
Secondly, the device produces between 98°F (35°C) and 107°F (42°C) if infrared heat. This penetrates into your deep tissues to stimulate the circulation of blood while soothing your hand muscles. Thus, it is able to reduce hand discomfort, fatigue, numbness, and soreness. The dual-functionality of this device makes it extremely effective when it comes to giving you relief.
When it comes to power, this device can either use 4 AA batteries or a 6-volt DC adapter. That makes it a highly portable machine, suitable for use virtually anywhere. Apart from being the best for massaging your hand, it is also great when it comes to acting as an accessory for applying hand cream. With this hand/palm massager, you can set the pressure to three possible levels for the desired result.
- Relieves pain using pressure and heat
- Has two power sources
- Can be used to apply hand cream
- Some have found it uncomfortable
- May not last long
- Complaints about inadequate heat
8. Thumper Mini ProBest Electric All Round Massager
Finding an all-round massager that really works can be a daunting task. The Thumper Mini Pro is designed to provide relief to most of your body muscles. It works well for people who put their muscles to a lot of hard work such as sportsmen. It can get rid of muscle pain due to rigorous sports activity and even relax stiff muscles.
Since it is an all-round massager, you can use it on any part of the body including the feet, legs, thighs, calves, back, shoulders, and neck. It is basically a percussion massager, which targets the deepest muscle tissues to bring about the desired relaxation. No matter how hard you have been working, this device will give you the relief you desire.
In case you are dealing with an injury, the penetrative nature of the massage provided by this device will help you to start healing naturally. It doesn’t really matter the part of the body you are dealing with. This all-round massager will give you the relief you want. It is a user-friendly product, given the ease with which you can reach the key areas of your body. What more could you ask for?
- A machine for full body massage
- Ability to drive energy deep into your muscles
- Has a long, ergonomic handle
- Likely to pinch the skin
- The power cord is short
- Reports of an unexpected breakdown
9. RESTECK – Massagers for Neck and Back with HeatBest Electric Vest Massager
Are you looking for a massager that will give you relief on-the-go? If so, you should consider the RESTECK vest massager. Even though basically a massage pillow, you can wear it around your neck to remain comfortable even as you move around. Some of the places you can use this massager include while on road trips, camping, traveling, the car or the office. In short, you just wouldn’t have an excuse for not getting relief from muscle pain.
Even though it is worn around the neck and shoulders, it is great for massaging all over your body from toe to head. It will bring relief to the feet, calves, thighs, lower back, upper lack, neck, and shoulders. Using it is akin to ordering a full body massage from your favorite masseur. It gets rid of muscle aches, eliminates fatigue, and eases neck relief.
How exactly does it work? It releases heat deep into your muscles to stimulate the flow of blood, promote healing, and relieve your muscles. The heat is adjustable to various levels to ensure the user remains as comfortable as possible. The kneading node is bidirectional and helps you feel the true pleasure of having a massage.
- Provides on-the-go relief
- Suitable for massaging different parts of the body
- Bidirectional kneading nodes
- Likely to stop working abruptly
- Doesn’t have a strong construction
- Complaints of a rough fabric around the rollers
10. Snailax Massage MatBest Electric Massage Mat
How about a massage mat for once? With the Snailax Massage Mat, you can get relief while lying down on your bed or while seated on a chair. You can use it on the floor, chair, recliner, couch or bed. Only that you should ensure that your back is lying flat on the heated surface of this massager. The entire mat contains a total of 10 massage motors which create soothing vibrations to eliminate fatigue and relieve muscle tension, aches, and stress.
But just how does it work? Unlike other massagers which rely on the kneading shiatsu technique, this particular one uses vibrations only. As such, it doesn’t have rolling balls. It has up to four heating pads and can provide relief all over your back, calves, and thighs. In short, you don’t have to keep moving it from one location to another. Once you lay on it with your back, it will massage all the areas that require relief without leaving out any.
In line with being a portable massage mat, this product is easy to fold. Thus, you can carry it with you when traveling or going camping. The polyester fabric is so soft that it feels like getting a massage from a masseur’s hand.
- Easy to fold and portable
- Feels like the work of a professional masseur
- You don’t have to move it over your body
- Not much of the mat is heated
- No choice between heat settings
- Doesn’t provide shiatsu massage
11. Exerscribe Personal Percussion Massage GunBest Electric Handheld massager
From the name of this particular product, it is a good massager when it comes to helping you to recover after a workout or sports event. You can apply the vibrations on a troubled group of muscles to gain quick relief. Given that the machine can produce between 10 and 40 vibrations per second, you can target the muscles differently depending on the desired results. Thanks to the ergonomically designed handle, you can reach virtually any pain point.
According to the manufacturers, this is a loud but effective handheld massager. However, it is best when it comes to promoting self-recovery. It will provide relief in three basic ways – using the cone, large ball or standards ball. The cone is designed for deep tissue treatment, the large ball for large muscle groups, and the small ball for small muscle groups.
As a testament to the quality of this product, the manufacturers provide a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 1-year warranty. Why else would you worry about losing your money on this product? With the capability of having limitless uses, this handheld massager is certainly value for money. And, the good thing is that you don’t need to pay for the services is a masseur.
- Has an ergonomic handle
- Works in three ways
- Comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Complaints about high intensity
- A low battery life
- A very noisy handheld massager
12. Back2Life Continuous Motion MassagerBest Electric Spine Massager
Do you need an effective back massager? The Back2Life Back Massager is designed to massage your spine and bring relief to the spine. It works by releasing pressure and distress of the back, making life more bearable for you. It is the best electric massager when it comes to preventing back pain and helping you recover when it occurs.
But just how does it work. It is not like other massagers which rely on aggressive kneading to provide relief. Neither will you be required to stretch a lot. Rather, it aligns the spine and removes pressure from it. This ensures that any discomfort you might be feeling is got rid of. At the end of the massage sessions, you will find it very easy to move around.
The spine massager is designed for people weighing up to 300 pounds. You can also adjust it according to your height. Some reviewers who have used it for exercise have said that it increased the length of their sessions. Only that you should be prepared to pay a premium price to acquire this device. But the high price is worth it, given the advantages you will enjoy with this device.
- Adjustable to people of different heights
- Provides natural, gentle alignment of the spine for pain relief
- Can be used by people of up to 300 pounds in weight
- You have to keep getting up and down on the floor
- Knowledge of its use required
- Some users still had back pain
13. JINGOU 2 PCS Knee MassagerBest Electric Knee Massager
In order to improve your mobility, you might require a specially designed knee massager. It provides therapy to your knees in two main ways. Firstly, it massages the knees through a series of powerful vibrations that go a long way in reducing joint pain, stiffness, and swelling. It can do that for the knee as well as legs, arms, and shoulders.
The device also works by discharging heat into the tissues and muscles in the knee. This warms up the knees to boost blood circulation, and extend the relief afforded by the massaging action. You can adjust the temperatures to three levels, that is 45°C (113°F), 55°C (131°F), and 60°C (140°F). The good thing is that you can use heating and vibrations functions together. The material from which it is made keeps in the heat so that you are able to keep feeling warm.
The knee massager comes with a 600MAh, 7.4V rechargeable battery which lasts for up to 2 ½ hours when fully charged. As such, you don’t need to plug it in to use it. You can use it together with all kinds of herbal bags, depending on what you intend to heal. No need for the services of a masseur.
- A dual-mode massager
- Has a warm, heat-preserving fabric
- Comes with a rechargeable battery
- Doesn’t have an instruction manual
- May not work on the back
- May not last long
14. NURSAL Back MassagerBest Electric Chair Massager
This is the second chair massager we shall feature in this review. It provides back Shiatsu as well as rolling massage to leave you relieved of all tension and aches. The good thing is that the four rollers work at the exact points you want them to. As such, they have the ability to move up and down your entire back to ensure you get total relaxation. The nodes roll clockwise or anticlockwise, depending on the results you intend to achieve.
But that’s not all. The NURSAL Back Massager also has a heat function, which you can turn on or off. When the heat penetrates into the tissues, it stimulates increased blood circulation, removing aches and soreness from the muscles. With this massager, you have no reason to worry about the heat scorching you. In automatically shuts down after 15 minutes, cools off before turning back on.
There are several reasons for the effectiveness of this particular chair massager. The 3D rotating balls penetrate the muscles for a strong kneading action that imitates what you would get from a real masseur. On the seat, there is a cushion that vibrates at the low, medium, and high levels to relieve thigh muscles.
- A 15-minute auto shut-off
- Has deep-penetrating 3D balls
- Provides both rolling and shiatsu massage
- A heavy chair massager
- A poorly located seat vibration unit
- Not great for short people
15. MIGHTY BLISS Deep Tissue Back and Body MassagerBest Electric Handheld Deep Tissue Massager
Want a handheld deep tissue massager? The MIGHTY BLISS Deep Tissue Back and Body Massager is perfect for people with unbearable knots and pain in the back. It is not like some of the flimsy massagers you are likely to find on the market. It has a super-powerful motor with the ability to produce up to 3700 RPM. It is akin to having a powerful car engine work on your sore muscles. The result is quick and long-lasting relief for your muscles.
The handheld massager is slim and lightweight, which makes it extremely easy to carry. You can use it for home therapy to help your muscles recover or in professional settings where the needs are more demanding. It is hailed to have the capability to relieve muscle pain in virtually no time.
It comes with a built-in, rechargeable lithium-ion battery which can last for up to 2 hours when fully charged. That is long enough for you to have successfully finished your massage session. Another thing about the battery is that it charges very fast. Within 1 hour, the battery will be full and ready to use. As proof that they believe in the quality of this product, the manufacturers are offering a lifetime replacement. Just what can beat that?
- The motor is super-powerful
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- A long-lasting battery
- Reports of the rubber top melting
- May produce noise when defective
- A little hard to use
Choosing The Best Electric Massagers – The Ultimate Buying Guide
Massage comes with so many benefits, and electric massagers are here to help you reap them. Whether you are looking for this machine for home use or one that’s portable enough to carry with you, you are at the right place. But remember, it’s not an easy decision to make, given the many models and brands in the market. So, you need to know exactly what to look for in an electric massager for you to make a good buying decision. In this section, we provide a comprehensive buying guide on the things you need to look at. They include the following.
Types Of Electric Massagers
There are several types of electric massagers you can choose from. They are mainly categorized in terms of their shape and how they are used. The following are the most common types of electric massagers.
- Chair Massager: The chair massager is actually shaped like a chair. You can add it to another seat and use it as a convenient massager. Imagine sitting in your house watching TV or in the office busy with your work. The chair massager is placed as a cushion to the seat. They make it possible for you to get relief from back pain very conveniently. The chair massager will be fairly more expensive than others. However, they are better than most of the other types of electric massagers.
- Massage pillow: Massage pillows are very common. For you to get a massage, you can lay on the pillow or use it as a headrest in a seating position. It works well if you are trying to get rid of the neck or lower back pain. But that doesn’t mean that this only works on your back, neck, or head. In fact, most massage pillows can also be used on the feet, calves, legs, back, shoulders, and neck. Simply place it where you want it and you will get relief.
- Foot Massager: This type of electric massager is designed to help bring relief to your feet. They usually have two pads where you place your feet. The best electric massagers in this category are said to mimic real-life masseurs.
- Vest Massager: Vest massagers are designed to be worn around the neck. Their work is to provide relief primarily in the neck and shoulders. However, they can also be used in other areas of the body, depending on where you require relief.
- Hand/Palm Massager: There is a certain category of massagers that are designed to massage your hands and palms. When you push your hands inside, they will be pressed and heated to bring relief. Some may also work perfectly as accessories during the application of hand creams.
- Massage Mat: A massage mat is meant for you to lie on. It is usually flat, with a raised area for the head. However, they can also be used on chairs, recliners, and so on. With a massage mat, you have to lie on it to be massaged.
- Handheld Massager: On the market, you will find several models of massagers that are primarily handheld. They usually come with a cord for connecting to an electric socket. You have to hold this device and move it to the area of the body with the most pain. The problem with these models is that you may not be in a position to reach all the areas that need attention. In this category, you will also find the handheld deep tissue massager, which works wonders when it comes to stimulating the floor of blood.
- Knee Massager: Akin to knee pads, these massagers are meant to help relieve knee pain. It is great for people suffering from arthritis and other complications of the knees. They are worn on the knees like belts before being switched on.
- Head Massager: It is not just the back, neck or feet that are prone to stress and strain. Your head also needs to get relief. The product to be used for this is a head massager. Apart from relaxing the muscles, it also removes stress from the brain.
- All-Round Massager: There are several electric massagers that work in all areas of the body. These are known as all-around massagers. They can be used anywhere from toes to the head. Simply put it where the pain is and you will get relief.
- Spine Massager: People with issues with the spine are better off using a spine massager. Its work is to align and remove pressure from the spine. It can help people to regain their posture and walk without pain-free. Only that spine massagers tend to be more expensive than the rest.
Size Of The Electric Massager
Not all sizes of massagers are suitable for you. That’s why you should pay attention to this aspect as you go to buy a massager. The size of a massager usually defines the area of coverage. If you want a device to cover the whole of your back at the same time, then go for it. However, if you are okay with one that covers a small area at a time, why not?
Also, the size of a massager has a lot to do with how portable it is. If you want to be carrying the massager from place to place, then buy one that’s small in size. In that case, you will want something that’s small enough to fit into a suitcase. If not, then a massive massager will do just fine.
How Is It Shaped?
The shape of a massager determines whether it will be able to reach a particular pain point or not. Basically, the shape of the massager should be in line with the shape of your back, if that’s where you intend to massage. That’s why most electric massagers are round-shaped. They are designed to fit around certain parts of the body.
In this case, it is not how big a massager is. For example, you may get a chair massager that does not quite reach the painful area in your neck. In that case, the shape falls short of your expectations. That’s why size is an important consideration when making a decision on the electric massager to buy.
The Weight Of The Electric Massager
For handheld massagers, the weight really matters. No matter how well a product can massage you, it is useless if it is too heavy to lift. With such a product, it will be impossible to reach the areas that you need to massage.
The reason handheld massagers are made heavier is to resist the power provided by their motors. But that doesn’t mean that they should be too heavy. The device needs to be light enough for you to comfortably use it. If not, it will be uncomfortable, leaving you to clumsily move the massager from one point to another.
Does It Have Several Massage Heads?
There are several electric massagers which use only one head. In fact, some do not even have a single head. However, there are others that come with two or more heads. These are usually handheld in nature. Single-head massagers are advantageous in the sense that their reach is better. They efficiently massage a target spot to provide relief from soreness and pain.
In the same way, some models come with several heads of different sizes. In a single set, you will find small as well as wide massage heads. Thus, you can shift from one head to another depending on the expanse of the area you intend to massage. If you need to massage a wide area, then the wide massage head will do just fine.
Is It Rechargeable And Portable?
One aspect of electric massagers that you need to pay attention to is whether it is portable or not. With a portable electric massager, it will be easier to carry it with you wherever you go. Some of these devices can be used at home as well as in the office. In fact, if you have a portable massager, you can take it with you to a hotel room or camping site hassle-free.
If it is not portable, then you have to use it in only one place, say at home. Such a device will mean buying a portable one for use elsewhere. In short, the product is fixed at one spot and cannot be moved under any circumstances. You have no choice but to leave it right there. Importantly, it is the rechargeable massagers that are also highly portable. The rest must be used next to an electric socket. You just cannot move them from there.
It is important to know what you intend to buy before putting money into it. From the 15 products we have reviewed above, you should certainly find one that meets your exact needs. If you are not sure what to look for, you should carefully read the buying guide. You will discover that buying an electric massager is simple and easy. But don’t forget that the product you buy should be able to meet your needs.