Eyelash curlers. To most men, an eyelash curler looks like a medieval torture device, but to stylish women this product is heaven-sent. An eyelash curler makes a world of difference in the appearance of your eyes. It makes them more noticeable.
There are hundreds of models on the market and choosing the right curler for your lashes can be a daunting, painful task. You deserve a curler that is gentle, easy to use, and will leave your lashes curled and not crimped. The right lash curler will give you striking lashes that last all day. In this guide, we look at the best eyelash curlers that are designed to fit different eye shapes.
Top 9 Eyelash Curlers Of 2019 Reviewed
1. Brilliant Beauty Eyelash CurlerBest Eyelash Curlers for Beginners
If you are new to the art of curling lashes, you need a curler that is easy to use and clean. For you, the newbie, we highly recommend the Brilliant Beauty eyelash curler due to its many user-friendly features. It is designed to fit most eye sizes and shapes. The curler’s unique design and cushiony pads make it easy to create gorgeous curls without pulling, pinching or breaking eyelashes.
All you have to do is open the curler, place your lashes between the silicone pads, and pinch the curler together. Hold for a few seconds, preferably 10 seconds. Repeat the same process to get voluminous curls. That’s it! The curls will last until you shower or wash your face. Brilliant Beauty curler is among our favorites because of its sturdy construction. Its frame is made of high-quality stainless steel that ensures its durability. With this product, you will be able to lengthen your lashes and create stunning curls.
- Ideal for home and professional use
- Has built-in hinges which ensure the pressure is distributed evenly across the silicone pads
- Comes with a free satin travel pouch, instruction manual and two more silicone refill pads
- Available in three vibrant colors; prism, rose gold and platinum
- Does not work perfectly for people with big eyes
- The handles may be a bit small for some users
2. Shu Uemura Eyelash CurlerBest Eyelash Curlers for Deep Set Eyes
Awarded as one the best beauty products, the Shu Uemura enjoys cult-like popularity amongst women. And what’s not to love about this iconic product? The Shu, as it is popularly known, stands out among similar curlers because of its ability to be used on either mascara-coated or bare lashes. Shu Uemura is great for people with deep set eyes because of its deeper curve that allows it to reach those hard-to-reach lashes.
Its design is similar to the Shisiedo curler design. The only notable difference is the angle of the pad and shape of the handles, which makes it more reliable than the Shisiedo. We highly recommend the Shu because it requires little pressure to curl lashes and the lashes stay curled the entire day. The Shu is worth every penny you will spend on it.
- Finger loops are a little rounder to accommodate different sized fingers
- Does not strain wrists or pinch eyelids
- Not ideal for people with big eyes because it pinches the eye bed
- Refill pads are not sold separately. In case the pad gets ruined, you will have to buy an entire unit
3. Shiseido Eyelash CurlerBest Eyelash Curlers for Big Eyes
Finding the right curler can be challenging especially when you have big eyes. The good news is Shiseido is tailored for this job. What sets this device apart from other similar curlers is its edge-free design. This design is achieved through its shallow and wide jaw.
This flattened curve allows for all lashes to fit perfectly into the curler down to the base. We also love its silicone pads that give lashes a smooth round curl without creases. Also, silicone rubber pads ensure this tool is gentle and safe.
- Also perfect for straight lashes
- Curls perfectly from the root to the tip
- Can be used on mascara-coated eyelashes
- Does not come with complimentary refills
4. Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash CurlerBest Eyelash Curlers for Almond Eyes
The Kevyn Aucoin brand is renowned for creating innovate beauty products and the eyelash curler is no exception. People with almond eyes appreciate this curler due to its slightly round and flat design. It comes with a silicone pad that is rounder and firmer than most pads on other eyelash curlers.
We love the red pad because it allows you to see your lashes easily as you curl them. Its price point is slightly higher than other curlers, but its benefits outweigh its initial cost. Kevyn Aucoin makes up for the high price tag by ensuring this eyelash curler has a smooth mechanical action and delivers natural-looking curls.
- Does not yank out lashes
- Sturdy construction and lasts for long
- Silicone pad a little stiff compared to the Shieseido pad
- Higher price tag compared to other curlers
5. Tweezerman Pro Master Eyelash CurlerBest Eyelash Curlers for Hooded Eyes
For the ladies with hooded peepers, Tweezerman Pro Master eyelash curlers are designed just for you. This Tweezerman model is more efficient compared to its predecessor the Tweezerman ProCurl Curler. This beauty tool features the traditional curler design, which makes it easy to hold and use.
Tweezerman Pro Master curler has a thick hypoallergenic silicone pad that helps maintain hygiene. It opens wide, 38 degree angle, to ensure it reaches every lash. With this device, no lash goes uncurled.
- Comes with replacement pads
- Sits perfectly along the lash line
- Easily curls those hard-to-reach lashes
- Also perfect for almond eyes
- Pinches the skin if not used carefully
6. JAPONESQUE Go Curl Eyelash CurlerBest Eyelash Curlers for Asian Eyes
To every beautiful Asian lady looking for eyelash curlers, we’ve got you covered. JAPONESQUE Go Curl eyelash curler is the right choice for Asian eyes. Unlike other eyelash curlers, this product a unique open cage design that ensures your outer lashes are not pinched during curling. Plus, it creates curls faster than most curlers.
Its easel handle flips up and down to create deep-sweeping, long-lasting curls. The manufacturer has added an extra pad for more comfort. JAPONESQUE Go Curl eyelash curler is so popular because of its small size and unique shape. This makes it the perfect travel companion. This cute eyelash curler is available in two colors; pink and black.
- Pocket-size design
- Does not pinch eyelids like the metal eye curlers
- You get free lash pad refills from the manufacturer
- The material (plastic) is not durable
- Not long enough to curl the end of your eyelashes in one swoop
7. Eye & Mighty Eyelash CurlerBest Eyelash Curlers for Small Eyesn
Bella and Bear is a renowned brand that creates fun, high-quality beauty products that beauticians and makeup artists swear by. Their Eye & Mighty eyelash curler is the perfect curler for people with small eyes. The first thing you will notice is its eye-catching vintage style packaging that is perfect for people of all ages. Its shallow and wide opening allows it to reach every last lash with ease.
This curler features the traditional design. However, there are some notable differences such as the sturdy steel frame with a spring-loaded mechanism. This means the curler needs very little pressure to curl lashes. The plastic handles (they resemble cutting shear handles) are comfortable to use. Its ergonomic design allows you to cover the lash line perfectly without pinching the skin.
- Comes with 5 refill pads
- Made of durable, high-quality material (steel)
- Ideal for people with nickel allergy
- Pinches if not used carefully
- Requires some practice to master its mechanism
8. Preo Curl Up Eyelash ToolsBest Eyelash Curlers for Short Lashes
If you’ve got short lashes, the standard eyelash curlers won’t work for you. You need a special curler and that is where the Preo Curl Up curler comes in. Sure, it looks different from other curlers but don’t worry. It won’t pull out your lashes. You may be wondering; how does it work?
What you need to do is put the curler (open part) on your eyelash. Do not touch your lid. Clamp the curler together and it will curl the lashes. It is important to note that the Preo Curl Up curls a few eyelashes at a time. You have to repeat the process a few times to get the desired look. It takes time to master the process, but once you do, you will never want another curler. Users love this product because it gives them more control unlike when using other curlers plus it curls short lashes perfectly without pinching the eyelids. Remember the pink part of the curler should always go on the bottom.
- Great for travel
- Comes with replacement pads
- Makes eyelashes appear longer
- Takes time to get used to it
- Requires a little strength to pinch the curler together
9. Long & Luscious Eyelash CurlerBest Eyelash Curlers for Straight Lashes
Do you want to do your long, stubborn lashes like a pro? Use this lash curler by Long & Luscious. This tool features an ultra modern look and design. It comes with a built-in comb. The comb helps to support, smooth and separate your lashes for a more enhanced curl. No more overlapping lashes.
Another reason why this curler is great for straight lashes is it silicone pads that are able to give a more natural curl without pinching or pulling. All its metal parts are created from carbon steel which makes it stronger and durable than regular stainless steel curlers. This curler also has spring-loaded hinges that help users apply the right amount of pressure on lashes. At its price tag, this curler is a gem and if you have ridiculously long lashes then this is the right pick for you.
- Strong and durable
- It has ergonomically designed handles with a handle clasp
- Comes with 2 free silicone replacements
- The comb makes it a bit difficult to see lashes as they are being curled
- Curler opening a bit small due to the built-in comb
How To Choose Best Eyelash Curlers
Before you hit the ‘buy’ button there are some important aspects you need to consider. Here are some things you should consider in order the right curler for your eyes.
Your Eye Shape
In one word, can you describe the shape of your eyes? Most people can’t! Our eyes come in different shapes and sizes. These two important factors determine the type of curler one should use. Beauty professional understand this and that is why you will find different types of curlers in beauty parlors.
The wrong shaped curler could hurt your eyes and weaken your lashes. For example, the Bella and Bear curler will not work for a person with almond eyes. Follow these steps to determine your eye shape. After determining the shape the next step is to choose the right shaped curler.
Curler designs have changed drastically from one standard design to different designs tailored to suit different types of eyes and lash sizes. For example, the Shiseido curler, which is great for people with big eyes, is less curved than the Shu Uemura curler. The Shu silicone pads line up evenly along with the curler, while the Shiseido pads do meet up until you pinch it together. Choose a curler with the right curve that will meet your curling needs.
Plastic or Metal
The last thing you that should determine the curler you choose is the material. Curler frames are made of stainless steel or plastic. If you are a heavy curler, a metallic curler is the best choice for you because it is more durable. If you are not a heavy user, a plastic curler like the JAPONESQUE curler is a perfect choice. Plastic curlers are cute, can be used in public, and are great travel companions. However, they break more easily than their metallic frame counterparts.
The market is saturated with eyelash curlers from different brands. It makes it challenging to pick the right one. But, by determining your eye shape and other needs listed here, you can choose the right curler to meet your needs. We believe you will find an eyelash that is a perfect match for you here.
Here are some names that have been talked about Surratt Revelee eyelash curler and Revlon lash curler.