Ladies, beauty is something that we all cherish, but sometimes our skin seems to go against our desires. No matter how hard we try to maintain the skin, flakes can start appearing at any time. The skin can begin to peel from the face, leaving a sandpaper-like texture. In desperation, some people go with the myth of drinking “less wine”; some try to drink more water, and others try using face masks or dehumidifiers — all in vain.
The solutions to that problem are surprisingly very simple — take a good shower, especially on the face, switch off any heating element in your home, and apply a nice face moisturizer. That’s it!
To help you keep your face moisturized for long (and avoid the problems we have stated above), we have browsed far and wide and picked 15 best face moisturizers to give you that soothing effect. Pick your best fit and get that flawless skin you’ve been looking for.
Top 15 Face Moisturizers of 2020 Reviewed
1. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Face MoisturizerBest for Sensitive Skin
To keep your skin supple and smooth, you need a dedicated moisturizer. The Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Face Moisturizer comes in the form of a gel cream. It is meant for facial application. However, it does not contain any of the chemicals that are known to be harsh to your facial skin. It is free of fragrance, dye, and oil, thanks to its non-comedogenic formula.
It contains hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance that promotes skin hydration by attracting water to it. Did you know that hyaluronic acid can absorb water by at most 1000-times its weight? No wonder it is guaranteed to make your skin supple and smooth. After using this product, you do not have to worry about having dry skin.
- Relieves dryness by promoting the ability of the skin to absorb and retain water
- Made using a non-comedogenic formula that’s virtually chemical-free
- Comes in a 1.7-ounce jar for several times of use
- The product may seem different from that in the stores
- The bottle doesn’t have a second protective cap
- Some reviewers have complained about the product running out too soon
2. Dr. Jart Ceramidin CreamBest Lightweight Cream
What’s your skin type? Do you often complain of rough, dry skin? If “yes,” then you need a moisturizer that gives your skin the ability to retain water and stay plumb all day long. With the Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream, you do not have to wait for too long before seeing results. In a split of a second, your facial skin will feel softer and smoother.
Additionally, it strengthens your skin and makes it more functional. If you are worried about a waxy feel after applying this moisturizer, don’t. It is a lightweight moisturizer that leaves your skin feeling natural.
- Acts quickly to make your skin smoother and plumber
- A lightweight moisturizing cream that hardly causes a breakout of blemishes
- Great for sensitive, dry skin, given that it does not cause any form of burning
- Some users have complained that the cream is different every time they buy it
- May inflame the skin and cause breakouts in some people
- Some buyers report about receiving the product unsealed
3. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing CreamBest Moisturizing Facial Lotion
What are you looking for in a moisturizer? If it is a product that goes beyond making your skin supple, then you should try the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Cream. It comes in a new formula that greatly enhances your skin’s ability to hydrate itself.
This face moisturizer works by giving your skin the strength to take care of itself. That’s thanks to the soothing ingredients that make the skin highly resilient. It works for dry as well as dry combination skin to immediately provide optimal hydration. In the end, you will have a healthy-looking, comfortable, smooth, and radiant skin. Do you know a moisturizer that can beat that?
- Composed of a formula that quickly hydrates the skin
- Once you use it in the morning, it is bound to protect your skin throughout the day
- Does not cause breakouts among people with acne-prone skin
- A reviewer has reported this moisturizer for being too oily for men
- Not suitable for normal or oily skin
- May turn out to be too heavy when used with makeup
4. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra-Sensitive Skin Face MoisturizerBest Ultra-Sensitive Skin Face Moisturizer
La Roche-Posay Toleriane is meant to hydrate and sooth sensitive skin. It can help to reduce skin irritations that come as a result of using certain products. So, if you have dry, sensitive skin, this is the best moisturizer for you. It is formulated with a rich, smooth, hydrating texture that quickly restores the skin to prevent it from cracking. Also, this product is capable of reducing redness in the skin, thanks to the inclusion of Neurosensine among its list of ingredients.
Other key ingredients include thermal spring water that hydrates and soothes the skin naturally. If you are expecting it to have a long list of ingredients, you will be disappointed. This product is formulated in an extremely minimalist way. The good thing is that it is free of lanolin, colorant, alcohol, fragrances, and preservatives, the very reason it is highly recommended for use on sensitive skin. The ultra-hermetic packaging ensures it remains fresh every time you apply it.
- Great for use on sensitive skin
- Doesn’t contain harsh chemicals
- Comes in an ultra-hermetic packagin
- Reports of it causing acne
- Some users reported having an oily, shiny skin after use
- The scent might not be pleasant
5. Face Moisturizer by Olay Regenerist Regenerating Deep Hydration Cream MoisturizerBest for Deep Hydration
While skin hydration is a priority for most individuals, the majority are looking for equally anti-aging products. The Olay Regenerist Hydration Cream Moisturizer also acts as a very effective anti-aging product. It contains antioxidants and vitamins that play a big role in skin nourishment.
Apart from hydrating your skin, it also exfoliates dead skin leaving your face looking young and smooth. Its formula includes an amino-peptide complex for skin regeneration and youthful appearance. The makers of this product realize that there is no point in moisturizing skin without regenerating it. No need to be afraid of feeling greasy, since this moisturizer quickly absorbs into your skin.
- Acts as an anti-aging formula that regenerates your skin for a more youthful look
- A non-greasy moisturizer that leaves your skin feeling natural
- An effective skin exfoliate that brings out younger, fresh skin
- May cause redness around the mouth and T-zone, signs of dermatitis
- For people with eczema, the product may cause skin itchiness
- Comes with a fragrance, which may not work very well for sensitive skin
6. Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream – Anti-Aging Moisturizer for Dry SkinBest Anti-Aging Moisturizer
Effective skincare is much more than just applying a moisturizer. It requires rehabilitation, rejuvenation, and brightening, which is only possible with certain products. The Lala Retro Whipped Cream is one such product. It is formulated using rare oils sourced from Africa to help the skin lock in moisture and recover from damage. With this product, you can be sure of your skin remaining soft and supple throughout the day.
Due to the all-natural ingredients, the moisturizer is both non-irritating and non-sensitizing. In addition to six exotic African oils, it contains antioxidants from green tea and plantain extracts. It nourishes the skin inside-out. What more would you want in a moisturizer?
- It gets rid of dry skin patches in a matter of days
- Made of all-natural ingredients that for safer skin moisturizing
- Nourishes the skin inside-out to make it bright and younger
- Might be too thick and greasy for those with sensitive skin
- Some reviewers have complained about the content being too little
- Some people have reported the product burning their skin
7. Dr. Jart+ Water Drop Hydrating MoisturizerBest for Uneven Skin Texture
Are you having trouble with a dull, dry skin? Do you have an uneven skin tone and texture? Do you need to hydrate and make your skin feel softer? Well, then the Dr. Jart+ Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer is what you need. It is great for normal, dry, sensitive, oily, and combination skin.
For sure, you fall into one of those categories and have no reason not to buy this product. Unlike other moisturizers which are composed of harsh chemicals, this product is free of phthalates, sulfates, and parabens. In addition to moisturizing your skin, it also illuminates it.
- Formulated for all skin types
- Does not contain any of the harsh synthetic chemicals
- Improves dry skin and evens out the skin texture and tone
- Some reviewers have complained about the product not being authentic
- Previous users have said it doesn’t penetrate the skin
- The water beads are bound to evaporate leaving your skin dry
8. Weleda Skin FoodBest for Sensitive Skin
When it comes to effective skincare, nature has almost all the answers you are looking for. The Weleda Skin Food is an ultra-rich, all-natural product that’s formulated with chamomile, calendula, and viola tricolor extract.
All the ingredients are mixed in beeswax and assorted base oils, which are all waterproof. With this product, you don’t have to worry about getting exposed to mineral oils, colorants, fragrances, and synthetic preservatives.
- Made of all-natural ingredients for a healthier skin
- Nourishes and moisturizes your skin all at the same time
- Free from synthetic chemicals and fragrances which are harsh to the skin
- Could be too thick for your skin comfort
- Has a strong smell which may turn off some people
- May leave your skin looking and feeling a little bit too greasy
9. Tatcha the Water CreamBest Oil-Free Face Moisturizer
No one likes a skin that feels greasy just because of the use of a moisturizer. The Tatcha Water Cream comes completely free of oil or grease. Thus you should expect to have your facial skin moisturized without the resultant greasiness.
Thanks to its water-burst formula, you get your skin hydrated without the resultant blockage of the pores. Certainly, this is an important feature given the need for your skin to keep breathing. While the pores remain open, the Japanese Wild Rose extract tightens them for more consistent skin texture. In addition to being oil-free, this product is made without synthetic fragrances, detergents, and parabens.
- Free of synthetic detergents, fragrances, and parabens
- Quickly nourishes and hydrates your skin
- Does not leave your skin feeling greasy
- It is costly
- May not contain the stated ounces
- Some reviewers have reported that it contains a fragrance which is a skin irritant
10. Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream Hydrating MoisturizerBest Long-Lasting Face Moisturizer
Moisturizing your skin is not just about hydration. Rather, it is about giving a boost to your overall appearance. That’s something that this Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream Hydrating Moisturizer promises to do. It contains ingredients that are not only friendly to the skin but which make it radiant and smooth.
Thanks to hyaluronic acid, you can be sure of your skin remaining hydrated for at most 72 hours. After all, the acid hydrates the skin by helping it attract more water. It leaves your skin feeling supple, thus, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. If you have been looking for youthful skin, this is a must-have.
- Composed of hyaluronic acid, which is effective in hydrating the skin for longer
- Does not contain any of the harsh synthetic ingredients
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Some reviewers have claimed that the product on Amazon is a fake
- May leave the skin with dry, bumpy patches
- May lead to oily skin when used overnight
11. LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream Moisturizer
The safest moisturizers for your skin are those loaded with the greatest organic ingredients. As far as that particular aspect is concerned, the LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream Moisturizer is composed with some of the best non-chemical ingredients. That includes jojoba oil, Shea butter, green tea extract, vitamin E, and hyaluronic acid.
With that, you can be sure of getting rid of wrinkles and fine lines. It also improves skin texture, uneven tone, and appearance on the overall. It hydrates without leaving grease onto your skin. Thus, it hardly clogs pores. Use it if you have blemish-prone skin.
- It is a natural product that’s mainly composed of plant extracts
- Works without making your skin feel greasy
- Great for individuals with blemish-prone skin
- May contain known carcinogens
- It may lead to blemish breakout for people with sensitive skin
- The price is a little bit on the higher side
12. Face Moisturizer with Collagen Peptides by Olay Regenerist, Micro-Sculpting CreamBest for Improving Texture and Elasticity
The best skin moisturizer is supposed to make the skin soft and supple. This Olay Regenerist product contains collagen peptides, which make your face plumber and highly-lifted. You can expect not to see the wrinkles and fine lines you are used to. It is formulated to bind moisture into the skin, thus, making it look youthful from deep under the skin.
Additionally, it improves your skin elasticity and texture. All that thanks to the amino-peptide complex which regenerates the surface of the skin by getting rid of dead skin and multiplying the cells. It is suitable for normal, oily, dry, and combination skin types. Formulated with hyaluronic acid, it locks in moisture for a long time.
- Formulated to regenerate the skin and make it look youthful
- Gets rid of wrinkles and fine lines
- Best for all types of skin
- Some reviewers received the package unsealed and open
- There are reports that the product sold on Amazon is not the real thing
- May cause breakouts among people with acne-prone skin
13. InstaNatural Retinol Moisturizer Anti-Aging Night Face CreamBest Wrinkle Lotion
For your skin to look naturally youthful, you need to nourish it with antioxidants. One of the well-known antioxidants is retinol or vitamin A. It is combined with green tea extract and vitamin C to create the best skin protection formula.
The InstaNatural Retinol Moisturizer is sure to refresh your skin, thus leaving it soft and radiant. Those wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and fine lines should be a thing of the past. No matter how much you get exposed to the sun, this moisturizer is designed to mitigate its effects. It works for a wide array of skin types.
- Formulated with a variety of strong antioxidants for healthier skin
- An anti-aging cream that’s guaranteed to bring back your youth
- Protects the skin against the effects of the sun’s UV rays
- The list of ingredients may not be the same as those used
- May not be the same product as that available in stores
- It may cause breakouts in people with sensitive skin
14. Best Organic Anti-Aging Face CreamBest Vegan-Friendly Anti-Aging Cream
The vegan movement is not just confined to food and other edibles. If you care about the treatment of plants and animals, then buying this organic, vegan product is the way to go. It is formulated with a mixture of coconut oil, vitamins, and botanical oils to nourish your skin and spur its growth from deep inside. Given its anti-aging capabilities, this cream of what you need to stay younger for longer.
This Best Organic Anti-Aging Face Cream is known to soothe eczema, psoriasis, and diaper rash. By getting rid of damaged skin, it ensures renewal from inside out. In addition to soothing the skin, this repairs all the present damage. It is suitable for oily, dry, sensitive, and acne-prone skin. It does not contain fragrances, parabens, or colorants.
- An all-natural cream that’s safe for your skin
- Has anti-aging capabilities to make you look younger for longer
- It is known to soothe the skin and make it look great
- Not suitable for all skin types
- It is not clear how much of the key ingredients are included
- The pricing is a little on the higher side
15. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
Whether you are a man or a woman, you need to have your skin hydrated around the clock. To attain that, you need this CersVe Moisturizing Cream. It contains some three essential ceramides which restore your skin’s protective barrier.
Together with hyaluronic acid, the product helps your skin to lock in the water for longer. Its effects last for longer thanks to a patented technology that controls the gradual release of ceramides so that the skin moisturization lasts for longer. Best for use by people with normal or dry skin.
- Protects the skin courtesy of essential ceramides
- Helps the skin to hold moisture for longer, thanks to hyaluronic acid
- May hydrate your skin for up to 24 hours
- Could be reactive with sensate skin
- Not suitable for all types of skin
- It is relatively pricey
How to Choose the Best Face Moisturizers: The Ultimate Buying Guide
Do you have an extra dry or too oily face and your dermatologist recommends the use of a face moisturizer but don’t know the right one to apply? Well, the thing is that not every moisturizer available out there will work for you. Actually, choosing the wrong type for your skin may even lead to scary skin problems.
Just as there are many different face moisturizers types and brands, so is every skin type. Thus, for you to get the best results, you need to ensure that you buy a moisturizer that suits your skin type. To help you make that essential buy decision, we’ve done the legwork for you and gathered some of the key factors to look out for in a facial moisturizer:
Presence of Sunscreen
Sun rays rob water from the skin, leaving it dehydrated, which is a major problem as it leads to other severe ones; risk of developing cancer, wrinkles, and overall damage to the skin. That’s why it’s essential to purchase a moisturizer that contains sunscreen as an additive.
The most recommendable moisturizer should contain an SPF of 30 or more. This will most likely result in healthy, radiant skin. Purchasing a face cream that already contains sunscreen is also economical. Users should also be careful not to mix two moisturizers since it can clog up pores.
Currently, dermatologists have identified 16 different skin types. This has been done based on dryness, sensitivity, pigmentation, and tightness. Every individual falls in one of the types and should, therefore, use a cream or a scrub that is specifically made for them. In common cases, people with oily skin will opt for a moisturizer that is not oily so at to avoid imbalance.
In the case of dry skin, products with a lot of hydrating ingredients are the best to use. Moisturizers vary when it comes to what part of the body they’re being used on. It is advisable to acquire separate creams for the body and face, respectively. The ideal way to establish your skin type is by observing the skin’s behavior in different environments. In most cases, manufacturers indicate suitable skin types on the packaging.
Opt for Moisturizers with Added Benefits
Various minerals and minerals play a part in skin repair and keeping the skin healthy. A face cream that contains all these enrichments with most likely give better results than that doesn’t.
Changes in Weather
The skin reacts to different conditions in different ways. The time in which you’re shopping for creams usually changes as the seasons do. It would be advisable to buy according to the current state of the weather. In the winter season, for instance, you will find most skin types experiencing dryness. For such a case, you should choose a rich and heavy facial moisturizer to help your skin retain more moisture.
When the weather is hot, you will need a lighter moisturizer, and if you have oily skin, you will be better off with non-greasy one. Also, using a soap without exfoliates in dry weather helps preserve moisture. On the other hand, using an ointment in cold weather is helpful since it provides additional protection. This, however, is only applicable to the skin that’s not prone to acne.
Consider the Ingredients in the Product and the Pricing
Moisturizers come at different prices. The cost, however, does not always offer an honest reflection of its effectiveness. The substances contained in the product should be put into consideration first and not the price. It is expected that costly moisturizers will give better results than cheaper ones, but this is not always true.
Every skin type has a variety of creams that you can choose from, including some that are budget friendly. Highly priced products seem to have such an appeal mostly because they may contain expensive ingredients, have better packaging or better research, which may be easier for the customer to trust.
Cosmetics usually contain an array of chemicals. Thus, it’s necessary to be aware of all the substances used and how they react when in contact with your skin. Likewise, it’s important to consider how positive the effect of the ingredients might be. If looking for cheaper products, it is advisable to go for natural creations. These may end up working better on your skin.
Every single day when you wake up and go to bed, make sure you moisturize. If you don’t, your skin will look older, dryer, and famished. The type of moisturizer you buy depends on your skin type. While some moisturizers are great for all types of skin, others are more specific. If you have sensitive skin, avoid products with synthetic chemicals, since they can leave you itchy and pained. Good luck on your search for the best moisturizer.