There’s a lot to love about the seasonal delights that winter brings…..well, apart from the cold! The dropping temperatures are also a season staple that you have to be prepared for. Staying indoors and using warm blankets will not guarantee the cozy feel that you want. Instead of chattering your teeth in cold all winter long, you can beat it by buying a good space indoor space heater.
While these heaters may not replace your traditional heating system, they can be a quick fix for a space that still remains cold even after the systems are warm. Whether you are looking to heat up your office, bedroom, or living room, a personal indoor heater will do the trick. Read on and discover 10 best indoor space heaters that you can buy, as well as helpful tips to assist you in your shopping.
Top 10 Indoor Space Electric Heaters of 2019 Reviewed
- Top 10 Indoor Space Electric Heaters of 2019 Reviewed
- 1. Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000 BTU Radiant Heater
- 2. Lasko Designer Space Heater
- 3. Dyson Hot + Cool Jet Focus AM09 Fan Heater, Black Nickel
- 4. Lasko Model 100 MyHeat Personal Space Heater, Black
- 5. Lasko 751320 Ceramic Tower Space Heater with Remote Control
- 6. Vornado VH10 Vortex Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
- 7. Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater, 1500 Watts
- 8. Lasko 6462 Full-Circle Warmth Ceramic Heater with Remote Control
- 9. DeLonghi EW7707CM Safe Heat 1500W ComfortTemp Portable Oil-Filled Radiator
- 10. LifeSmart 6 Element Quartz w/Wood Cabinet and Remote Large Room Infrared Heater
- How to Choose an Indoor Space Heater – The Ultimate Buying Guide
1. Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000 BTU Radiant HeaterBest Portable Indoor Space Heater
Just like the outdoors, your indoor space gets cold and may require heating. For an efficient indoor/outdoor heater, you should try this Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX radiant Heater. It is a propane heater that produces between 4,000 and 9,000 BTU. It is suitable for use in a space of up to 225 square feet. If you have a gathering of friends and family in your house, this heater is adequate to keep you warm.
Apart from being efficient, this heater is also safe to use inside the house. It has an automatic shut-off valve to help protect you and your family from accidental fire when tipped over. Other circumstances when it automatically shuts off is low oxygen levels and outage of the pilot light. Thus, it is not suitable for use in altitudes of over 7,000 meters.
- Burns at an efficiency of near 100 percent
- Has a safety automatic shut-off to prevent fire accidents when tipped over
- It is highly portable for easy movement between the indoor and outdoor environments
- May increase the carbon monoxide levels in the home
- The element produces an exposed flame which could be a safety hazard
- A rise in temperature may prevent the propane from flowing efficiently
2. Lasko Designer Space HeaterBest Ceramic Indoor Space Heater
If you like electric heaters, this Lasko Designer Space Heater is worth considering. It boasts of a ceramic heating element that warms the house by up to 1500 watts of energy. This is warm enough to provide enough warmth in a sizeable room. Depending on how warm you want your home to be, you can adjust the temperature using the built-in thermostat. The temperature output of this heater ranges from 60°F to 85°F.
For timed heating, the built-in timer comes in handy. You can adjust the duration from intervals of 1 hour up to 7 hours. When the duration comes to an end, the heater will automatically shut off. Additional safety features include the ability to prevent possible overheating. You don’t have to worry about the heater starting a fire.
- Comes with an adjustable thermostat for precise temperature regulation
- Allows for timed heating such that the heater shuts off when the set time lapses
- Has the ability to prevent overheating
- At 1500 watts, the heater may cause damage to your home’s electrical system
- Likely to burn out after only a short period of continued use
- Doesn’t have the ability to rotate 360 degrees
3. Dyson Hot + Cool Jet Focus AM09 Fan Heater, Black NickelBest Fan Indoor Space Heater
To adequately heat the space in your home, you may need to use a fan heater. The Dyson Hot + Cool Focus AM09 Fan Heater is effective when it comes to heating your home in winter. It spreads heat throughout the home evenly and fast to create a comfortable ambiance. In the hotter months of the year, the fan springs into action to ensure your home is adequately heated up.
It comes with an intelligent thermostat which you can precisely set to your preferred temperature. That means you do not have to worry about overheating. If anything, the elements are hidden from view. Don’t expect to get a burning smell from this heater.
- A dual-functional heater that also works as a cooling fan
- Comes with an adjustable thermostat to ensure maximum heat efficiency
- Safe to use since it has no exposed elements and shuts off when tipped over
- Some reviewers have complained about the fan not being strong enough
- The fan may be too loud for your liking
- May not work with the remote control
4. Lasko Model 100 MyHeat Personal Space Heater, BlackBest for Small Spaces
Space heaters come in different shapes and sizes. The Lasko Model 100 MyHeat Personal Space Heater is small and compact. At only 6 feet tall, it is suitable for use on the counter, desktop or kitchen. It is suitable for virtually any space in the home, including your home office. Why should you suffer from the winter cold when you have an easy solution?
Compared to other heaters, this product provides only 200 watts of energy. Thus, it is suitable for small spaces. To ensure safety, the heater is made in such a way that it doesn’t overheat. You can leave it working for a long time and be sure for it to be safe. It works by the ceramic element producing heat and the fan distributing it throughout the room.
- Comes in a small compact size making it suitable for countertop the desktop
- Is safe for extended use, since it doesn’t overheat
- Comes fully assembled and ready for use
- You would be disappointed if you used this heater in a large space
- It would take several of these heaters when you have visitors in the home
- May not serve you well in the outdoors
5. Lasko 751320 Ceramic Tower Space Heater with Remote ControlBest Tower Space Heater
To provide enough warmth in a large space, you need a dedicated heater that’s also powerful enough. The Lasko 751320 Ceramic Tower Space Heater produces warmth of up to 1500 watts. That’s comparable to other heaters which are as powerful. It is suitable for use in a space of up to 300 square feet. With this heater, you cannot have doubts about having enough warmth in your home.
It features a ceramic element which is also self-regulating. This plays an important role in keeping the heater safe. In addition, it has automatic protection against possible overheat. Thus, you can use the heater for a prolonged period of time without worrying about a fire accident.
- Comes in a small compact size making it suitable for countertop the desktop
- Is safe for extended use, since it doesn’t overheat
- Comes fully assembled and ready for use
- Has plastic on top which may melt after a short time of use
- May not adequately heat a large room
- Due to its wattage, the heater may overheat the electric system and cause a fire
6. Vornado VH10 Vortex Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
To spread heat throughout the room, this product relies on what’s known as vortex action. With a heat range of between 750W and 1500W, the Vornado VH10 Vortex Heater is suitable for a sizeable room. It comes with two heat settings so that you can easily regulate your power consumption. In short, this heater gives you total control over your energy bills.
The manufacturers of this particular product have included a cool-touch case so that the heater doesn’t burn you. But that’s only a tiny part of the safety measures included in this heater. It has an automatic shut-off system to ensure safety when it tips over. Why should you worry about the heater causing a fire in your home?
- Works using the efficient vortex action which spreads the warmth everywhere in the room
- Has an adjustable thermostat to enable you to select a particular level for comfort
- Safe for use in the indoors, given the automatic shut-off system from which it is made
- The heater may fail to work without a warning
- May prove hard to install on your own
- The spinning speed of the fan seems to be fixed at one
7. Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater, 1500 WattsBest Infrared Space Heater
One of the best features of a space heater is the ability to save energy. This model comes with an automatic energy saver. Depending on your needs, it will set the heater at low or high energy consumption levels. In the end, energy utilization is optimal, leading to lower power bills. Additionally, this Dr. Infrared Heater comes with both PTC and infrared quartz tube heating systems. Its efficiency is virtually incomparable.
For hands-off operation, the heater has an IR remote control. Why should you fear to burn your fingers by touching this heater? Other safety measures include overheat and tip-over protection systems. No need to worry about the heater accidentally starting a fire. To regulate the warmth in the room, it has a thermostat with a range of between 50 and 86 degrees. Given its cater wheels, you will find this heater to be highly portable.
- Suitable for heating a large room
- Has remote control capabilities for easy operation
- Comes with safety features such as overheat protection and tip-over protection
- Prone to running out of heating oil
- Should be used away from combustible materials to prevent fire
- Some reviewers have reported this heater of stopping working abruptly
8. Lasko 6462 Full-Circle Warmth Ceramic Heater with Remote ControlBest Stylish Indoor Space Heater
The thing about the Lasko 6462 Full-Circle Ceramic Heater is that it emits heat at a 360-degree angle. It is suitable for placing at the center of a large room, especially when you have many visitors. If it was a one-directional heater, you would need several of them. It has a heat capacity of 1500 watts, which is enough for a sizeable room.
You don’t have to touch this heater to operate it. Once you have plugged in on the wall, the remote control will suffice. So as to maintain its efficiency, the heater has an easy-to-clean filter. It weighs only 9.5 pounds and measures 11 by 11 by 25 inches. That makes it highly portable.
- Heats the room at a full 360 degrees
- Comes with a multi-function remote control, so you don’t need to touch it to operate it
- Has a 1500-watt capacity for heating a sizeable room
- May not be as energy-efficient as the manufacturer claims
- Has a plastic casing on the back which may melt after the first day of use
- May not serve you well in an open area
9. DeLonghi EW7707CM Safe Heat 1500W ComfortTemp Portable Oil-Filled RadiatorBest Portable Oil Radiator for Indoor Space Heating
As you enjoy the warmth you get from your heater, one of your priorities should be saving on the cost of energy. By turning the thermostat to the lowest level, you should be able to drastically reduce the amount you pay for energy. Add to that the fact that the heater works using the Comfort Temp Technology and you have a heater that’s ultimately energy efficient. This feature works by automatically adjusting power and temperature settings to optimal levels.
You can easily move this heater from one room to another, thanks to the pre-assembled wheels. Once you have used it in the living room, simply move it to the bedroom and turn it on.
- A portable heater you can easily move from one room to another, thanks to the pre-installed wheels
- An energy-saving heater that relies on ComfortTemp technology
- Comes with a permanently sealed oil system to avoid regular refilling
- Don’t expect the heater to start warming your room as soon as you plug it in
- Not suitable for use in an open room
- Some reviewers have complained about the warmth not being adequate
10. LifeSmart 6 Element Quartz w/Wood Cabinet and Remote Large Room Infrared HeaterBest Indoor Space Heater for Very Large Rooms
When it comes to heating large rooms, very few space heaters are as effective as this particular one. It produces up to 5100 BTU and can heat a space of at most 1400 cubic feet. Unless your house is extremely big, this heater should adequately warm it up. The heater is quiet, efficient, and produces natural infrared beams. What more could you ask for?
After switching on the heater, you do not have to keep touching it. Why would you do that when you have a remote control? You can literally operate it while seating on a chair.
- Heats your room by producing natural infrared beams, thus, removing the worry of exposure to UV rays
- A remote-controlled system for easy operation
- Comes with an easy-to-wash lifetime filter
- Does not allow for 360-degree heating
- When set at high temperatures, the thermostat doesn’t seem to work properly
- The fan is prone to failure and the heating elements malfunctioning after a short time of use
How to Choose an Indoor Space Heater – The Ultimate Buying Guide
Are you looking for an indoor heater for your home or office? A space heater can help raise the temperature in your home for extra warmth. However, you have to do your homework to ensure you have the right heater for your space.
The following are some of the factors to consider before settling on a particular indoor space heater:
There are many different types of indoor space heaters you can choose from. They are categorized according to the primary technology used to make them and the type of energy required. Here are the main types of water heaters you may consider buying:
- Electric heaters. When in need of heating a small space, you ought to buy an electric heater. They are portable and cheaper than most other types of indoor space heaters. One of the biggest pros is that the cost of installation is low. With this kind of heater, 100 percent of the energy is converted into heat. Given the ease with which electric heaters fit in any part of the house, they are very flexible. In fact, you can transfer it to another room once you are done using it elsewhere. The cost of electricity is high, making these heaters expensive to use.
- Gas heaters. The fuel used in gas heaters include kerosene, propane, and natural gas. Since they produce fumes, most of these heaters come with flues and sensors. Flues channel the smoke out while sensors detect stuffy rooms and automatically turn off the heaters. It all depends on whether the gas heater is portable or fixed. For indoor spaces, it is best to buy a vented gas heater which moves carbon monoxide and other fumes to the outdoors. Even though gas heaters are less-expensive in terms of operational costs, they cost much in terms of initial price.
- Oil-filled column heaters. Even though powered by electricity, the oil in these heaters acts as a reservoir of heat. The element heats the oil, which is diffused to the casing and onwards to the circulating air. In the place of oil, some column heaters use other liquids. These are the best indoor space heaters for large rooms. The heater keeps producing heat even when turned off. However, it may take a while before the heater warms the room.
- Radiant heaters. Radiant heaters rely on a heating element to radiate heat in the room. The heat is channeled in a small area and is, therefore, great for single-person use. You can place them on the floor or mount on the wall. Even though cheap to purchase, they do not efficiently heat the room. The exposed heating element also exposes the house to unnecessary fire hazards.
The best indoor space heaters provide features that prevent accidents involving children. When overheating, the heater should have the ability to automatically shut down. Every precaution should be taken to avoid fire or electric shock. As you heat up the room, you also need to protect your family from possible hazards.
How big is the space you want to heat? A good indoor space heater should be able to heat up your entire room. This will be determined by the heater’s wattage rating. Typically, a square foot requires 10 watts of heating power. As such a 1,500-watt heater will provide enough warmth for a 150-square-feet room. However, that may vary on the basis of the application, heating technology, and indoor environment.
One thing you should expect from a portable indoor space heater is noise when in use. However, the level of noise produced by the heaters varies. The noisiest are heaters with fans. As the fans blow out the hot air, it is inevitable that there will be noise. For minimal noise choose an oil-filled column heater.
Before buying an indoor space heater, you should compare different products to pick one that’s more energy-efficient. Only pick a heater that’s great for your environment and size of space. Make sure the heater has an energy-saving mode, adjustable timer, and a programmable timer. These features aren’t just meant for safety but they also ensure the unit is working more efficiently.
To survive the cold months of the year, you need a dedicated space heater. You may either choose propane or electric heater. The size of your room will dictate how big and efficient the heater ought to be. How wide the angle within which the heater works also matters. While some heaters work only up to 90 degrees, others have heating elements that work over 360 degrees. Before buying an indoor water heater, you should carefully read the reviews stated here.