After an exhausting hike on the mountains or a long jog, you want something refreshing that will cool you down. There’s nothing frustrating than reaching out for your water bottle in the backpack only to realize that the water is not as cold as you had packed it – it’s lukewarm! Best insulated water bottles guarantee you an excellent solution to help you stay hydrated on those hot days. Better still, if you want your water to remain hot, it does that too.
Read on and find out some best insulated water bottles that you can buy as well as some factors you need to keep in mind as you start your shopping.
Top 10 Insulated Water Bottles Of 2020 Reviewed
1. Coleman FreeFlow Autoseal Insulated Steel Water BottleBest Insulated Water Bottle with Protective Spout
You are expecting to find cold water from your bottle only to discover that it has warmed up. With the Coleman FreeFlow water bottle, your water will remain cold for a maximum of 58 hours. No other water bottle can beat that. For hot drinks, the temperature is retained 20 hours. Talk about a highly-reliable water bottle!
The Coleman water bottle comes with a high-flow spout for quick hydration. When right in the middle of a workout, it is much easier to catch a quick drink. Not only will you save time, but you will also maintain your body’s hydration levels.
To avoid spills during storage and in between sips, the AUTOSEAL feature comes in handy. You can sip your drink and throw it in a bag without the fear of spillage. If you have electronics in your luggage, they will definitely be protected against damage from water.
- Retains water temperature for longer
- Prevents spillage
- Prevents the build-up of germs
- May lose its temperature maintenance ability with time
- Some previous users have reported leaks
- Requires tilting to get a drink
2. Cille 24 oz Stainless Steel Water BottleBest Bicycle Insulated Water Bottle
This insulated stainless steel water bottle is designed to keep drinks hot for a maximum of 12 hours and cold for 24 hours. That makes it great for camping or hiking. As you sweat it out in the mountains you will be able to maintain your body’s hydration levels.
Its compact design ensures it never actually leaks. The bottle has an airtight and secure spout. But that doesn’t mean that it is worse off when it comes to ease of drinking. You would certainly like it for hiking, wouldn’t you? If you live an active lifestyle, this is definitely the water bottle for you.
- Great for maintaining water temperature
- Ideal for the outdoors
- Airtight spout to prevent leaks
- May not keep water cold for long
- Likely to start leaking after a while
- May retain drink odors
3. Bubba TrailBlazer Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water BottleBest Wide Mouth Water Bottle
One thing you will like about the Bubba TrailBlazer Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel water bottle is its ability to maintain cold water temperatures for longer. At 42 hours, it has one of the longest times. That’s the time you would take a hiking trip and back. As for the hot drinks, they can stay at the right temperature for only 12 hours.
This bottle has a wide mouth which, coupled with an easy-twist lid, makes for hassle-free drinking on the go. You don’t have to stop or sit down to grab a drink. In addition, the double-hinged cap ensures no water leaks either during storage or use. No need to worry about your electronics getting spoilt by leaking water.
- Made of BPA-free material
- Keeps water cold for longer
- When wrongly sealed, it is impossible to drink from it
- Not insulated enough to keep off the heat
- Some people have complained about malfunctioning vacuum seals
4. Tekeya Actives Insulated Water BottleBest Insulated Sports Water Bottle
The beauty of a water bottle is its ability to maintain temperature for prolonged periods of time. Tekeya Actives Insulated Water Bottle has the ability to keep drinks cold for 24 hours and hot for 11 hours. By that time, you would already have drunk up the water and refilled the bottle.
No matter where you carry this bottle, you don’t have to worry about water leaks. The insulated spout is leak proof and yet still supports one-handed pouring or drinking. To hold the water in place, the spout comes with a hinge lock. You can find this bottle in several sizes. That makes it easy to pick one to best serve your needs. You can choose from any of the five bottle sizes ranging from 18 to 64 oz. Talk about being spoilt for choice!
- Maintains water temperature for long
- Available in different sizes
- The paint starts coming off within no time
- Spills water once the spout gets broken
- Prone to mold
5. CamelBak Podium Chill Water Bottle
If biking is your thing, finding a reliable water bottle is not easy. Enter CamelBak Podium Chill Water Bottle. It features a double-walled construction for water that remains cold for longer. When you start feeling thirsty, all you need is to pull out the bottle, press a jet valve, and feel the water rushing down your throat.
The cap has a secure lockout to prevent leaks during storage and transportation. You can be sure of the rest of your belongings remaining dry, even on a long hiking trip. Whenever you want to mix powdered drinks, you will find this cap the best for shaking. What more could you ask for from an insulated water bottle?
- BPS and BPA-free
- The secure lockout provides no chance for leaks
- Double-walled to maintain water temperature for longer
- May collect mold in some of its parts
- Packaging could be difficult to remove
- Prone to a slow leak
6. Simple Modern Bottle with Straw Lid Summit WateBest Powder-Coated Water Bottle
The best water bottles are also vacuum-insulated in nature. The Simple Modern Summit Water Bottle is a good example. Due to the fact that it has a double wall, it keeps the water cool for longer. When the heat on the trail starts to take a toll, all you need is to pull out your water bottle for a drink.
One standout feature of this bottle is the Leak-Proof Straw Lid, which makes it possible for you to drink on the go. But that doesn’t mean that water will leak from through the lid. On the contrary, the water remains intact when you are on the move. No need to worry about your cherished electronics getting soaked in water.
- Designed to keep water cold for longer
- Features a leak-proof lid to completely hold in the water
- Durable, stainless steel walls
- Not suitable for hot drinks
- The leak-proof lid does not make it easy to sip from
- Pressure build-up may cause unwanted spills
7. Gold Armour GulpBliss Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Stainless-Steel Leak-Proof Sports Water BottleBest Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Sports Water Bottle
If you are looking for a premium insulated water bottle to take on your next adventure, then you have come to the right place. Gold Armour GulpBliss is a beautifully designed double-walled water bottle that features an 18/8 stainless-steel that will keep your liquids hot for up to 12 hours and your cold liquid chilled for up to 24 hours. Since the bottle is rust-resistant, you will be able to enjoy the original flavors of your beverages for a long time.
You will be the envy of your friends when you show up to the gym or on a hiking adventure with this sleek colored bottle. Gold Armour GulpBliss has a narrow mouth opening. This makes it easier to take sophisticated gulps without sloshing your beverages. In addition, the mouth opening is big enough to fit ice cubes if you are looking for a refreshing beverage for a warm summer afternoon. It comes with an extra straw lid that is perfect for kids.
- Great quality
- Impressive design and colors
- Reasonably priced
- Paint may come out after vigorous cleaning
- Does not have a cover for the spout
- Sipping top may be a bit hard
8. Contigo AUTOSEAL Chill Stainless Steel Water Bottle
If you like hiking, you know how hard it is to find cold water to quench your thirst. With the Contigo AUTOSEAL Chill Stainless Steel water bottle, you have access cold water for up to 28 hours. That’s long enough for you to have returned from the trip. You will fee hydrated and energized in equal measure.
The AUTOSEAL button is great for on-the-go drinking. Simply press the button and you will have enough water to hydrate your body. When you let go of the button, it seals up the lid to prevent leaks. On top of the lid is a protective spout that prevents dirt and germs from building up on the mouthpiece.
If you have nowhere to put the water bottle, don’t worry. It comes with a carrying handle for easy carrying. You can either loop the handle onto your luggage or carry it in your hands. What can be more convenient than that?
- Keeps water cold for longer
- Prevents germs or dirt from building up on the mouthpiece
- Comes with a carrying handle
- Some reviewers have complained that the top is hard to clean
- May develop leaks after some time
- Not suitable for putting in the freezer at home
9. Coldest Water BottleBest Insulated Water Jug (1 Galon)
One impressive feature of this bottle is the double-walled stainless steel design. It has a vacuum to keep the water cold for longer. If you are going out in hotter places, you do not have to worry about the water catching the temperature of the surroundings.
One thing about the Coldest Water Bottle is that it has a capacity of up to 1 gallon. With that, you have no need to carry multiple water bottles. The good thing is that a full bottle weighs only 15 pounds and is great for your next hiking or camping trip. Isn’t it?
To prevent unnecessary leaks, the bottle features a Flip-Top Lid. The makers of this bottle claim to have invested over two years of research and development into this lid. That is reason enough to not worry about your belongings getting drenched in water.
- Made of durable stainless steel
- Has a large carrying capacity for all your water needs
- Features a leak-proof Flip-Top Lid
- Makes a whistling noise when sucking up the water
- Might be hard to carry for some people
- Poor handling may cause the lid to break
10. KollyKolla Vacuum Insulated Water BottleBest Insulated Water Bottle with Straw
The defining feature of the KollyKolla Vacuum Insulated Water Bottle is its 100 percent leak-proof guarantee. The manufacturers take every care to inspect each bottle they send out to ensure that it is absolutely leak proof.
To maintain the temperature of your drinks, this bottle is double-walled, vacuum insulated. Even though made of stainless steel, it has the ability to keep your water cold for up to 24 hours. For the hot drinks, they can remain at the right temperature for at most 12 hours. If anything, the insulation prevents the water bottle from getting too hot to handle.
- BPA-free and odorless
- Is 100 percent leak proof
- Keeps water cold for longer
- The straw doesn’t hold in place as you would wish
- Comes with a minimal carrying capacity
- Some reviewers have wished the straw was longer
How to Choose the Best Insulated Water Bottles: The Ultimate Buying Guide
Let’s say you are planning to go hiking in the mountains coming weekend. You have made arrangements for everything else but you haven’t settled on a good water bottle. Since you will mostly be exploring hot areas, you need an insulated water bottle with the ability to keep water cold for longer. Just what do you look for when choosing the best insulated water bottle?
Here are factors to consider so as to end up with the right water canteen.
Types of Insulated Water Bottles
There are different types of water bottles, which means you can choose one that comes as close to meeting your needs as possible.
- Stainless steel water bottles. Due to their agility, stainless steel bottles can be used for both cold and hot water. They are odorless and easy to clean. Accidental drops do not mean the bottle is written off. You can pick it up and go on with life as if nothing happened. They can hold water, smoothies, tea, and virtually anything drinkable.
- Plastic bottles. Compared to stainless steel bottles, plastic containers are extremely lightweight. However, they can easily break when dropped on the ground. Even though plastic is a bad conductor of heat, these bottles tend to be less effective in maintaining the right temperatures.
Valves on insulated water bottles come in two types. If you buy a water bottle in the stores, it is likely to have a classic valve. Yet there are bottles which feature a sports valve for ease of drinking. When the container is titled, sports valves prevent spillage of any sort.
Since they exist in different sizes, insulated water bottles can hold varied capacities of water. As such, there are water bottles with a capacity of one gallon, while others can only hold a little water. When going on a long journey, carry a bottle with the highest capacity. On the contrary, low-capacity water bottles are good enough for short hiking trips. They are compact and can be operated with one hand.
The Width of the Opening
Insulated water bottles come with different opening sizes. Some are wide and others narrow. If you want a bottle that makes it easy to pour fluids, buy one with a larger opening. It will make it very easy to fill it. Conversely, small openings are not to be overlooked. They are the best in preventing unnecessary fluid spillage. Narrow openings also make it easier when drinking from a straw.
Most water bottles are highly functional. You can’t just do without them when going off for a hiking trip. They carry water at the right temperature to keep you hydrated. In some of the bottles, you could also carry fresh juice, shakes, tea or coffee. If you are constantly on the move, you may not have time to stop and prepare a cup of coffee. As you look for a perfect insulated water bottle, it is good to be guided by your needs.