Nothing beats the feeling of gulping down a cold beer on a warm summer afternoon right from the comfort of your home. With a kegerator, you get to craft your own beer and preserve it in the built-in fridge where you can easily dispense it through the attached tap. Kegerators have also become popular in commercial enterprises since it allows for adequate storage of large amounts of beer in an economical space that can be easily dispensed in mass quantities.
Kegerators have become the gist and height of beer drinking technology. An ardent beer lover won’t lack a kegerator at home which comes in handy during parties, game nights or just for the chilled out afternoon with friends and family. By having the right kegerator, your beer will remain at the right temperature without over-foaming and changing its taste.
Picking the ideal kegerator is no easy task since there’s a number of factors to consider before settling on a particular make. From the size of the kegerator to the number of taps on the appliance, you need to understand a number of things as you go out shopping. But not to worry as we have picked some of the best kegerators available in the market today. Indulge!
Top 8 Kegerators Of 2020 Reviewed
1. Kegco Kegerator Digital Beer CoolerBest For Large Spaces
Cold beer has never tasted any better with this fully fitted kegerator that’s equipped with a complete keg tapping kit. The dispensing unit comes complete with a 5lb carbon dioxide tank made of aluminum with a single CO2 regulator with two snap clamps. The sizeable tank will ensure easy dispensing of your beer without applying too much pressure.
The inside is spacious enough to hold one full size of keg or even three 5 gallon home brew kegs which implies that it can dispense up to three different types of beers. When not churning cold beer from this appliance, you can convert it into a normal refrigerator and use it for preserving other household stuff.
Additionally, it has an easy to clean drip tray, a chrome guard rail to prevent glasses from toppling over and rolling casters to easily move it around the house that lock once in your desired location. Better yet, it has a digital display allowing you to set the desired internal temperature and a deep chill function for fast cooling of your keg. However, the CO2 tank comes empty and has to be refilled from your local store.
- Wide temperature range
- Dispenses different beers at once
- Lockable castors for easy movement
- CO2 tank comes empty
- Complaints of flimsy components
- Faucets constantly need replacing
2. EdgeStar Full Size Stainless Steel Dual Tap KegeratorBest For Thirsty Crowds
Enjoy a drafted beer at home will never be the same with this dual tap beer dispenser that comes with a 5lb carbon dioxide tank to ensure a constant flow of your chilled keg. With the capacity to store a full sized standard keg cylinder, this kegerator has impressed all that invested in it.
Temperature control is a critical component of such a device with the range here being a low of up to 30C and a high of 40C. It can also be easily converted into a home refrigerator when not dispensing beer. This freestanding kegerator has a protective floor paste and rolling casters for easy portability. Included are 12 components of beer including a drip tray, stainless steel faucet tower, a spanner faucet wrench, and black tap handle.
- Sturdily built
- Easily convertible to a fridge
- Easy to assemble
- CO2 tank comes empty
- Its sides may get too hot
- Beer lines may have insufficient length
3. Maxx Cold MXBD48-1S Commercial Stainless Steel NSF Bar Direct Draw Kegerator Beer Dispenser CoolerCommercial Stainless Steel kegerator
Judging by its size alone, you can tell that the Maxx Cold MXBD4-1S is suited for the more commercial user. Safe to say, it would be perfect if you are starting off on a bar or kegger business. The dispenser features a single tap tower with two faucets for when you need to fill multiple jugs at once. It has an LED display controller in place to keep track of your beer and control the temperatures which range from 32 to 41 degrees F.
The max cold is built like a tank. It is made using stainless steel, more so on the top to ease up the cleaning process and in the interior as well to keep it from internal cabinet dens. The dispenser is easy to use too. It has recessed drawer handles and a condensing unit that will slide out for when you want to clean or service.
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Has 2 faucets for multiple dispensing
- Slide-out condensing unit for easy cleaning
- A little large for home use
- Does not include a CO2 tank or regulator in package
4.Nutrichef pressurized growler tap systemBest Portable Kegerator
Only measuring 7.5’’ by 19.5’’, the Nutrichef pressurized growler tap system is like a little personal mini keg dispenser. For this reason, Its small dimensions also make it perfect for when you want to carry around your own fresh beer either to a boat or RV. The Nutrichef features a dispenser kit made using heavy-duty stainless steel. The conditions inside are kept vacuum pressured and can keep your beer for up to 2 months without going flat.
The mini keg system works using disposable CO2 cartridges, each of which will pump about 128oz of beer before running out. The cartridges are what are threaded into the regulator to input pressurized carbonation to the system. Other accessories include a stainless steel tap dispenser with a faucet handle for pouring the beer and a pressure release valve for easy removal of the hardware on the top. You can add the insulator sleeve to keep the beer cold.
- Small and easily portable
- Easy to replace CO2 cartridges
- Generally easy to use
- Not suitable for large crowds
- The CO2 cartridges can be hard to come by in stores
- The cartridges it uses are a bit small, may not get the entire brew out
5. EdgeStar Full Size KegeratorBest For Large Crowds
It’s always good when you can get two products for the price of one. This freestanding kegerator comes equipped with two internal shelves so that it quickly converts to a refrigerator when the beer crafting party is over. It also has an easy to operate LCD display that allows you to easily read and monitor the temperature settings. It has a deep chill mode that quickly chills a new keg so that you can start enjoying a cold beer almost immediately.
It’s large enough to fit all keg sizes including rubberized, slim quarter and half barrels. It’s also equipped with a chrome rail guard, an easy to clean drip tray and 4 rolling casters for easy mobility.
However, this beer dispenser isn’t equipped with a tap mount tower but has holes which fits most standard screws. It’s also not designed to built-in but to stand freely on a surface.
- Digital temperature display
- Fits all keg sizes
- Has a Deep Chill mode
- Doesn’t come mounted with a tap
- No built-in fan
- May freeze your beer
6. EdgeStar KC1000SS Craft Brew KegeratorBest For 1/6 Barrel And Cornelius Kegs
Are you specifically looking for a customizable kegerator for 1/6 barrels or Cornelius barrels? Then your search has come to a sweet end since this compactly sized beer fridge is specifically designed for such barrels. You will get a fully loaded carbon dioxide tank that will provide your desired beer foam without much hustle. The built-in fan will help with the internal air circulation which helps cool beers to as low as 32 °F.
The sleek looking kegerator has a stainless steel door and the inside has a fancy blue interior light. Better yet, this beer fridge is lockable so that your precious drinks are safe at all times. The door is also reversible which will help you optimize any space you have available. You will also get a drip tray which helps keep the area around the kegerator free from any spills in case of overflows.
- Ultra-low temperature thermostat
- Built-in fan
- Fully loaded CO2 tank
- No rolling casters for mobility
- CO2 tanks may be smaller than standard ones
- Pressure setting maybe complicated
7. Kegco HK38BSU-L-2 2-Tap UndercounterBest For Built-In or Freestanding Use
When it comes to multi-use beer dispensers, then it doesn’t get better than this. It’s designed for both freestanding uses or to seamless fit into your cabinetry thanks to its front-venting design which is easy to maintain and doesn’t eat up much space. It also has a digital temperature display with a toggle that allows you to easily switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit. It also has an interior blue light with an easy to operate on/off switch.
Unlike many kegerators with a plastic interior, this one has a stainless steel build which ensures durability and is easy to clean. The interior is also spacious enough to comfortably house a full-size keg or three 5-gallon kegs. No need to worry about the safety of your beer since it comes with a lockable stainless steel door. It also has air cooling tower to ensure that there’s a free flow of air keeping your contents cool.
- Stainless steel interior
- Quite expensive
- Doesn’t come with a warranty
8. Nostalgia KRS2100 Full Size Kegerator
Designed to serve thirsty mouths with utmost ease, your beer crowd will fall in love with this compact kegerator. It has a 5.1 cubic foot capacity and easily fits a 2.5 lb CO2 tank with a double regulator to prevent over foaming. The spring-loaded tap makes beer dispensing easy through a simple pull and release mechanism with minimal spillage.
It also has a stainless steel removable tray which cleans easily. The four rolling casters at the bottom make movement easy to any corner of your party. It also has a guard rail to securely hold your glasses.
- Rolling casters for easy movement
- Sill-free tap and keg coupler
- Removable tray
- The CO2 is quite small
- Hard to monitor temperatures
- Can be loud and the sides get hot
How to Choose the Best Kegerators: The Ultimate Buying Guide
Nothing compares to the heavenly feeling of a cold beer going down your thirsty throat on a hot summer afternoon. If you have ever experienced that feeling, then you know you can’t live without a kegerator at home. Are you always having a thirsty crowd over for barbecues and summer parties? Then a kegerator is one of the best party accessories you will ever invest in.
For starters, a kegerator will save you tons of money if you are a regular beer drinker since a keg is way cheaper than buying by the bottle. A beer dispenser also helps keep your drinking environment more organized compared to cans that pile up the trash. Whether you love your beer cold or warm, a kegerator lets you control the temperature of the dispensed beer.
Types of Kegerators
Basically, beer dispensers are divided into three major categories:
- Freestanding Kegerators – These are the most common kegerators in the market and can be placed anywhere in the house, clubhouse or any convenient location. They often have casters which helps move them around easily.
- Built in Kegerator – These seamlessly fit into your countertops and are more complicated to install unlike their freestanding counterparts. Their unique design also makes them a bit more expensive.
- Outdoor Kegerators – These are customized to fit outside and built to withstand harsh weather elements especially extreme temperatures. They are much expensive than the indoor kegerators.
- Commercial Kegerators – These are often large in size and are placed in licensed commercial spaces such as bars and restaurants. They also have extra refrigeration space for glasses, bottles and cans.
So, what are some of the factors you need to keep in mind when shopping for the best kegerator for your precious beer?
- Size – Depending on how much space you have available, you can go for a full size or mini kegerator. Size also dictates how much beer you want dispensed at any given time. Before settling on a particular kegerator, be sure of the size of kegs that you want to fit into your beer dispenser.
- Functionality – Nothing sucks like a flat beer. It’s therefor important to consider the temperature controls present in your beer dispenser and the pressurization technique present to prevent over foaming. It’s also important to ensure that your appliance comes with a CO2 tank, beer tower and a spanner wrench.
- Taps – Depending on the number of beers you want dispensed, you will need easy to use taps. Most individuals go for dual taps which allows to serve different beers at the same time.
- Ease of use and cleaning – It’s common for beer to spill when tapping but most kegerators come with a removable tray that cleans easily.
What Else Will I Need With my Kegerator
Depending on your particular manufacturer and parts that come with the unit, you may need to add additional accessories and parts before you can get to tap the keg. The most important of them include a keg coupler, a CO2 tank, beer and airliners, double gauge CO2 regulator, air tank wrench, spanner wrench and an economy beer line cleaning kit.
How Do I Clean my Kegerator?
As with any other home appliance, your kegerator can be exposed to bacteria, especially on surfaces the beer is exposed to. Therefore, you should focus on those parts and clean both the inside and outside of the refrigerator unit using any traditional cleaning agents. You should also clean your beer lines every time you change the keg. Having a beer line cleaning kit will make the process more efficient.
All in all, your beer drinking experience will never be the same again once you find the best kegerator for your beer needs. Among the little pleasures of life are dispensing a cold draft beer from a quiet kegerator, kicking back and chilling with those you hold dear.