As much as every body part is super important, having an injury especially on the leg area can greatly hamper movement and performance of your preferred duties. Specifically, a knee injury is not only painful but it also makes activities such as walking, exercising and other tasks very difficult. Are you an athlete, a fitness enthusiast or a weightlifting lover? Then you know that nothing is more important than guarding your knees during your routine. It’s important to invest in a pair of high quality knee sleeves that will ensure peak performance and help protect any injuries.
Knee sleeves are specially designed to prevent an injury from happening or to help a recovering injury from any further endangerment. Knee braces and sleeves are popular in the world of sports since most of the activities require intense leg work. Knee sleeves help with compression that increases blood flow and helps reduce any joint pains. They also keep the knees warm during any and help prevent any injuries.
While some of the knee braces are prescribed during therapy, you can also invest in a good pair by shopping around. You may get confused at exactly what to look for before picking a pair of knee sleeves. For this reason, we have searched extensively and compiled a review of some of the best knee sleeves available in the market that will protect your knees and bring out the champ in you.
Top 10 Knee Sleeves of 2020 Reviewed
- Top 10 Knee Sleeves of 2020 Reviewed
- 1. PowerLix Compression Knee Sleeve
- 2. Cambivo NS10 Knee Compression Sleeves
- 3. Sable Knee Brace Support Compression Sleeves
- 4. UFlex Athletics Knee Compression Sleeve
- 5. Crucial Compression Knee Sleeves
- 6. Asoonyum HipStone Knee Sleeve
- 7. Mcdavid Knee Brace
- 8. ProFitness Knee Sleeve
- 9. McDavid Hex Knee Pads Compression Leg Sleeve for Basketball
- 10. ShinyPro Basketball Knee Pad Sleeve
- How To Choose the Best Knee Sleeve : The Ultimate Buying Guide
1. PowerLix Compression Knee SleeveBest for All Sports
Experience phenomenal protection around your knees by wearing the PowerLix Knee Braces that will provide optimal support and ultimate protection during your activities. It’s designed with a 4-way compression ability that provides all round, superior protection to your joints. The breathtaking design has incorporated an innovative anti-slip system with two silicone gel strips that will prevent it from slipping as you work out.
The knee sleeve is specially designed for all manner of athletic activities including hiking, baseball, soccer, golf, gym and any other tasks. The fabric used is highly breathable and has a high absorption capacity. Its superior sweat wicking properties helps fight bad odors and buildup of bacteria that may harm your knees. The knee support is available in five different sizes to fit all types of shapes and knee circumferences.
- 4 way compression ability
- Highly breathable fabric
- 3D knitting technology
- Doesn’t come as a pair
- 60% correct size fitting
- May not stay in place during intense workout
2. Cambivo NS10 Knee Compression SleevesBest for Long Distance Running
Cambivo has gone over and beyond with the design of the NS10 Knee Compression Sleeves to ensure that your knees are ultimately protected and comfortable during your activities. The sleeves are made using 3D knitting technology that makes them highly breathable to prevent any odors or buildup of harmful bacteria around your legs. The 4-way fabric stretches to provide flexibility and superior comfort around your knees.
The double anti-slip silicone provides a superior grip to prevent the sleeves from sliding or bulging as you work out. For those with injuries, this pair of knee sleeves is designed to prevent inflammation, swelling, stiffness and support full muscle recovery. They have an evenly distributed weave that ensures equal pressure around the knee joints. The fabric used also has great thermal regulation abilities which keeps your knees warm and healthy. The knee sleeves are available in 5 sizes and 9 carefully selected colors to suit both men and women.
- Anti-slip silicone for better grip
- Helps injured knee heal better and faster
- Wide unisex color range
- Size fits 78% as expected
- Too long
- Stitching needs improvement
3. Sable Knee Brace Support Compression SleevesBest for Intense Activity
Enjoy a full range of painless motion and full time protection as you walk, exercise or carry out any intense activity by wearing this expertly crafted pair of compression sleeves from Sable. The sleeves are designed using mixed compression technology with an anti-slip design that helps them remain tight around your knees. They also spread above and below the knee to provide equal pressure around the joints. Spiral elastic weaving ensures that the sleeves are elastic and flexible for all types of sporting activities.
The premium fabric used keeps the knee area at optimal temperature and helps the area remain warm for better performance. The fabric also absorbs sweat quickly and fight odors. The breathable fabric is soft and provides all day comfort. The knee sleeves are designed to worn by athletes, weight lifters and fitness enthusiasts. Available in four sizes; small, large , medium and extra-large.
- Mixed compression technology
- Great grip
- Even pressure distribution
- Lots of fakes in the market
- Not flexible enough for all sports
- Not for sensitive skin
4. UFlex Athletics Knee Compression SleeveBest for Muscle Endurance
Let UFlex Athletics be part of your every step of the journey with this masterly crafted knee sleeve with advanced compression technology. It provides optimal compression that helps improve muscle endurance and protects the knee from any swelling, inflammation or painful joints. If you are suffering from any knee illness, the sleeves will help the knees heal by providing warmth, prevent patella movement and increase blood circulation around the knee area.
The sleeves boast of a 4-way stretch ability which is great for all types of sporting activities. The double silicone anti-slip design provides a great grip that will ensure that the sleeve doesn’t slide downwards as you run, jump, lift or move. The single sleeve comes in four sizes; small, medium, large and extra-large.
- Made of breathable fabric
- Helps prevent inflammation and swelling
- Reduces patella movement around the knee
- Doesn’t come as a pair
- Sizing issues
- Not machine washable
5. Crucial Compression Knee SleevesBest for Compression Support
On wearing this pair of compression sleeves, you will notice instant difference in the stability and support around your knee area. The sleeves are designed using power support technology that helps improve circulation around the knees during activities which helps prevent cramps, swelling or stiffness. The premium comfortflex design helps increase flexibility so that the sleeves are not too restrictive or uncomfortable.
It’s made using breathable fabric that helps fight odors and doesn’t retain too much heat around the knees which can make you very uncomfortable. The no slip double grip design ensure that the sleeves stay put and save you the frustration of keeping on pulling the up which is not only draining but also a nuisance. The sleeves are double stitched for durability and masterly crafted to bring out the champion in you. Available in over seven sizes so that everyone can find the perfect fit for their knee size. Available colors are black, black/pink or grey.
- Super flexible
- Advanced compression technology
- Great Breathability
- Have to hand washed
- Too tight at first
- Not the best for injured knees
6. Asoonyum HipStone Knee SleeveBest Grip Knee Sleeves
Made of 68% nylon and 32% spandex, this knee sleeve will provide you with great support and compression during your exercise. Its unique design will provide support and great stability for your knee and leg. The 3D weaving technology used helps improve breathability and flexibility which prevents strain on the knee muscles.
The spandex is quite elastic preventing any damage on your knees as you exercise. The ergonomic design can be adjusted and provides 360 degree protection during any sporting activity. Comes only in green and there are five available sizes.
- Ergonomic design
- Highly elastic
- Great breathability and flexibility
- Problems with sizes
- Inferior grip
- Velcro straps need modification
7. Mcdavid Knee BraceBest for Athritis Knees
If you are recovering from a serious knee injury and want to get back to active life comfortably, then this knee brace is made just for you. It has a great latex free micro-cell structure that’s designed to provide a superior stretch, great heat retention and long lasting support. Each of the side arms is articulated with cushioned hypertension stops that provide superior stability. The open 360 degree padded buttress insulates and provides great support for the patella.
The edges are bound to prevent irritation of skin around the knee area. The back panel is specially designed to provide great heat retention while managing any moisture that nay be generated. The fabric used has great breathability which fights odors and harmful bacteria around the knee. It also has polycentric hinges to provide added support.
- Great for injured knees
- Latex free micro-cell structure
- Great knee Support
- Not great for sporting activities
- Complicated to use
8. ProFitness Knee SleeveBest for Orthopedic Support
Enhance your athletic performance by offering great compression and stability using these knee sleeves from ProFitness. The sleeves are designed to provide graduated compression that will keep your knees firm. The 7mm neoprene knee sleeves will help your knees recover after an injury by providing premium orthopedic support. The knee sleeves are great for weight lifters, gym enthusiasts and all sports men and women.
The sleeves are expertly constructed and feature reinforced stitching to ensure that they are durable. The ergonomic design makes them comfortable to wear all day for different types of sporting activities. There are four available sizes and you can choose from four colors; black, gray, red and blue. The sleeves can be easily stored and carried in the provided duffel bag.
- Provide graduated compression
- Reinforced stitching for durability
- Offer premium orthopedic support
- A bit short
- Not the best for big legs
- A bit thin
9. McDavid Hex Knee Pads Compression Leg Sleeve for BasketballBest for Basketball
McDavid brings this expertly crafted pair of knee sleeves that will bring out the pro basketballer in you. Each sleeve is made of patented hex technology that have a closed cell foam padding that will keep your knees safe during a game of basketball. The advanced moisture wicking technology ensure that your knees remain safe and no odor builds up around the knee area.
The knee pads are sturdily constructed to withstand daily wear without tearing. They have an enhanced fit and are cover a large area above and below the knee which helps prevent scraps and cuts. Through added compression and warmth, your knees will be comfortable and help you perform greatly when in the court. They can also be worn during other intense sports such as volleyball, powerlifting and football.
- Feature patented Hex technology
- Advanced moisture wicking technology
- Sturdy construction
- Some find them too long
- Lots of imitations in the market
- Can get torn easily
10. ShinyPro Basketball Knee Pad SleeveBest for Increased Blood Flow
Shield your knees from any injuries and impact cuts during a basketball game by wearing these padded knee sleeves from ShinyPro. They are designed to increase blood flow to the knees and the rest of the leg which helps prevent stiffness and swelling. Another great thing is that these sleeves can be used a guard against rashes and minor abrasions. The sleeves are easy to wear and remove. They are available in black color and a large size.
- Increased blood flow
- Easy to wear and remove
- Protects from rashes and abrasion
- A bit tight
- Limited sizes and colors
- May have a smell
How To Choose the Best Knee Sleeve : The Ultimate Buying Guide
While sports are a great way to stay fit and physically active, you are often prone to injuries, abrasions and cuts when out there. The knees are the most exposed when playing and need protection to ensure peak performance. It’s important to invest in a pair of knee sleeves that help provide compression, stability and strength as you play.
Types of Knee Sleeves
Knee sleeves are classified depending on the their thickness and can be categorized into three types;
- 3mm (Endurance sports) – Traditionally, 3mm sleeves are worn by long distance runners who are looking for some form of stability in their sport. These sleeves are lighter making them ideal for endurance sports since one needs to have as little weight on them as possible.
- 5mm (Mixed activity) – These are the most common type of knee sleeve since it can be used for a wide range of activities. You can wear it for most sports since it provides support and agility at the same time which is needed in almost all sports.
- 7 mm (Heavy activity) – Heavy lifting activities require a lot of stabilization. These sleeves have been designed to offer that extra stability needed for heavy lifting. Be it weight lifting, power lifting or activities that require heavy lifting, the 7mm knee sleeve will provide you with the stability that you require.
Difference Between Knee Sleeves, Knee Wraps and Knee Braces
While these three terms are used interchangeably and are all designed to enhance performance through protecting the knees, there’s a little difference. Knee sleeves are great for providing compression and stability for the knees to prevent any injuries. Knees braces are worn when you already have an existing injury and need it to heal. Knee wraps are used in sports that require heavy lifting such as weight lifting, power lifting and intense squats.
Factors to Consider When Buying Knee Sleeves
With so many types of knee sleeves available in the market, there’s a number of pointers you need to have before picking a particular product. They include:
Getting the fit right when it comes to knee sleeves is important to ensure comfort and peak performance. Most brands provide size charts to guide you on how to get the right size. You need to read the provided instructions on how to measure the size. While you may want to stick to a particular size, most athletes advise on picking one size down from the measurement gotten. However, you have to ensure that the sleeve isn’t too tight as this may end up hurting your knee.
When your knee is uncomfortable, you won’t perform to your best. The ergonomics of a sleeve contribute greatly to how comfortable it fits and protects your knee. Comfort is a personal component and varies greatly from one person to another. Some prefer long sleeves while others prefer short ones. As long as you are comfortable with a particular sleeve, then you are good to go.
You will come across different materials used to make knee sleeves and these vary from one brand to another. The most common materials that you will come across include;
- Neoprene – This is the most common material used to make knee sleeves due to its flexibility and ability to fit right on your knee.
- Nylon and spandex – Most brands often use a blend of nylon and spandex. Nylon is light in weight which keeps you light as you work out while spandex is loved for its elasticity.
- Copper-infused sleeves – The use of copper is becoming popular in the construction of sleeves due to its ability to heal and regenerate the body. It also has great anti-microbial properties that prevents buildup of bacteria and fights odors which are common on neoprene.
Depending on the intensity and workout involved in a sport, you will need to pick a sleeve designed for that sport. As earlier mentioned, the thickness of the sleeve affects your performance. You can choose between the 3mm, 5mm and 7mm.
No need to leave your knees exposed during a workout while you can wear a pair of knee sleeves that will not only give you stability but also offer compression and support. Hopefully, this review has provided insight on the best knee sleeves around from where you can pick some for your activities and bring out the champion you are.