Hands are some of the most used part in the human body and are prone to serious fatigue. Having achy joints and muscles on your hands can impede your work efficiency and cause pain which can be uncomfortable. We often forget to pamper our hands when we go for a spa day where the rest of the body gets totally spoilt. However, our hands also need to be pampered and investing in a hand massager will bring relief to any pain in the hands and leave them ready to keep working.
Hand massagers are specially designed to pamper every part of your hand and work on the fingers and knuckles to ensure total relaxation. The massager helps get rid of any knots and also ensure there’s no or reduced inflammation on your hands. These handeld massagers are convenient to use and save you money and time of visiting a professional massage parlor.
Getting the ideal hand massager doesn’t have to be a daunting task. We have compiled a comprehensive review of some of the best hand massagers available in the market that will leave your hands pampered and ready to tackle all the day’s tasks. Let’s explore.
Related Review: Best Massage Oils
Top 9 Massagers for Hands of 2020 Reviewed
Just like other parts of the body, your hands are prone to fatigue, muscle pain, and joint pain. Since you need then to carry out most of your work and chores, having painful hands would mean the inability to fully function at home and work.
Yet, it is so easy to dismiss a suggestion to give your hands proper care. With that kind of attitude, it will not be surprising if you sustain a chain of injuries in your wrists, forearms, and hands. With reduced blood flood and muscle flexibility, it will become impossible for you to move your hands as much as you should.
That brings us to the reasons you ought to massage your hands regularly. The hands contain various pressure points, which, when massaged or pressured help to restore balance and relieve tension in other parts of the body. In short, hand massage in all the trigger points can relax your entire body.
This is where hand massagers come in! They aere basically small electric devices that effectively work on your fingers, knuckles, and palms for total relaxation. We have researched and provided you with the best hand massagers.
1. Breo iPalm520 Electric Acupressure Palm Hand MassageBest for Palm Massages
Get your palms massaged and feeling refreshed using this machine that uses traditional Chinese medical science that adopts air pressure and compresses hot air to pamper your hands. The cordless massager soothes the hands and fingers from the top to the bottom for that relaxing feeling. The built in pressure inflates and deflates on all the sides of your hands and applies three pressure styles; hard, medium and cycle. The pressing helps stimulate the muscles comfortably and help improve blood circulation.
The 42 degree heat compression helps keep your hands warm and moist prevent dryness and dehydration. It has a red deflator button that helps reduce pressure to a tolerable level during a massage. It also has an LCD display that shows the timer of 5/10/15 minutes, the heating mode and pressure mode allowing you easy control of the device. It also comes with multiple power options of 4 AAA batteries or a DC adaptor.
- Waving air pressure for great massage
- LCD display
- Red button to help deflate pressure
- The thin gloves are unnecessary
- Can build up a lot of pressure
- Manual deflation of pressure
2. TimTam Power Massager v1.5 Hand Held Muscle MassagerBest Handheld Massager
For deep tissue massage on your hands you can invest in this hand held massager expertly breaks downs knots and releases lactic acid which brings relieve to your hands. It comes with a 90 degree articulating head which provides more options to hit different points on the hand or any other part of the body. It generates an average of 2000 strokes as a minute which will sizzle every inch of your hands.
The hand held massager comes with a patent pending threaded shaft that helps improve performance and increases durability. It comes complete with 12V Lithium ion battery, a charger and a carrying case. This massager is great for chronic pain and those recovering from serious hand injuries.
- 90 degree articulation head
- High quality and durable threaded shaft
- Generates 2000 strokes per minute
- Too loud
- Batteries run out fast
- Slow to charge
3. Electric Hand Massager for Palm Massage by CotsocoBest Cordless Acupuncture Massager
Do you often feel numb in your fingers and palms? With the help of the best cordless acupuncture massager, you should be able to get quick relief. Cotsoco, the makers of this device have designed it in an ergonomically befitting way so that it is possible to envelop the whole hand. That way, you will be able to get compression therapy to the highest levels. It works by combining both the heat and compression techniques to target trigger points and bring relief.
Here is how it works. The air compressor pressures the hand, palm, and fingers while heating helps promote circulation to and from the hands, thus alleviating stiffness, numbness, and arthritic pain. It has a soft cushion in the interior, which ensures 100 percent comfort to your hands. The built-in battery is rechargeable so that you can carry it with you and use it off-grid. It comes with an 18-month including 3-month money back offer. How about that?
- Features an ergonomic, comfortable design
- Promotes blood circulation in and out of the hands
- Comes with an 18-month warranty
- Might build up excess pressure
- Not useful with depleted batteries off-grid
- Your hands might remain with marks
4. Lunix LX3 Cordless Electric Hand MassagerBest for Kneading Massages
Let your hands relax and relieve them some of that pain with this innovative Lunix LX3 hand massager. It boasts of 6 pressure points that is among the most in the market. The intuitive display allows you to set six different program modes that will cater to your hands’ needs. It also two vibration modes and 1 heat mode that takes about ten minutes to fully heat up. The ergonomic design helps with the distribution of acupuncture points which meet the structure of your hand.
Included in the package is a finger massager that helps with blood circulation on each finger and help relieve any pain present. The finger massager uses a rolling technique to relax your fingers. There’s also a user manual with detailed instructions on how to operate the device. It also includes a USB charger for easy connectivity.
- 6 pressure points
- 6 program modes and two vibration modes
- Includes a finger massager
- Takes time to heat up
- May leave marks for up to 30 minutes after a massage
- Manual is only available on request
5. RENPHO Rechargeable Hand Held Deep Tissue MassagerBest for Deep Tissue Massage
The RENPHO Percussion Electric Massager is just what you need to relieve that fatigue and pamper those hands. It boasts of a powerful motor that generates 3,600 pulses each minute which allows for deep tissue massage. It has a cordless design that allows you to carry it everywhere without the need to plug it into a power outlet. The built in Lithium ion battery has a capacity of 2,600 mAh and can last for up to four hours.
It’s made of high quality ABS plastic with an ergonomic design that fits nicely on your hands. For safety, the massager automatically switches off to prevent overheating. It boasts of five massage heads that provide with a wide range of massage options. The three intensive heads are designed to get all the painful points sorted efficiently. The hand massager is easy to use with an on and off button and a long handle for easy movement.
- Extended battery life
- Safety auto shut off feature
- Four pressure strengths
- The charging system needs improvement
- May have a high pitched sound
- Could have better materials
6. Daiwa Felicity Hand MassagersBest Air Compression Massager
Pamper your hands with the Daiwa Acu Palm Hand Massager that uses air compression technology that helps get rid of cramps and soothes any pain. It boasts of three massage modes; refresh, recover and relax. Refresh mode helps pamper the hand and fingers to prevent cramping. Recover mode helps get rid of soreness and any nerve pain to help the wrists recover. Relax mode uses kneading technique for total hand relaxation.
For added safety the hand massager includes an emergency release valve incase the device suddenly malfunctions. It also has a finger window for large hands. The cordless hand massager has a Lithium ion battery that can be recharged using a USB cable and an AC adapter. It also features an elegant black pearl outer casing with an easy to operate panel.
- Three massage modes
- Safety emergency release valve
- Window for larger hands
- Massaging technique needs improvement
- Doesn’t provide enough heat
- Squeezes your hands
7. PUREWAVE™ CM-07 Hand Massager
If you have joint pain, rheumatoid arthritis, or carpal tunnel syndrome in your hands, an effective hand massager can bring great relief. Designed to bring relief, promote circulation, and flex the hands, the Purology LX Hand Massager relies on warm compression to bring relief. It targets the numerous pressure points in the fingers, wrists, and hands to help you rest easy after a busy day at work. With this hand massager, you may pick any of the six modes depending on individual needs.
It comes with a rechargeable battery, making it a portable tool ideal for off-grid use. You may charge it by plugging it into mains electricity or via a USB charger. The good thing is that the charge lasts for a considerably long time. If you are a beginner, you better start at the lowest pressure. You can then work your way upwards as you get used to it. The soft cloth lining brings the highest levels of comfort to the hand. When you buy this product, you will get a one-year warranty with a guaranteed full refund when you return it.
- Some users reported feeling uncomfortable on second use
- Reports of the vibration function stalling
- The heat doesn’t seem to last long enough
- Quite pricey
- Doesn’t hold charge for long
- Loud vibration
8. Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Therapeutic Handheld MassagerBest for Painful Joints
The Wahl 4290-300 Hand Massager provide your hands with therapeutic massage which helps relieve everyday fatigue get rid of pain quickly. You can choose between deep or light massage by picking any of the four attachment heads which target pain. The massager can deliver up to 3,350 pulses each minute which helps provide deep tissue massage. The four flex massager head has fingerlike nodes that help feel like actual human hands are massaging you.
- Four massage head attachments
- Provides deep tissue massage
- Targeted pain relief
- May have a weak construction
- Corded design reduces mobility
- Loud vibration
9. Sharper Image Hand Compression Vibrating Hand MassagerBest Hand Compression Massager
Using a combination of vibration and air pressure inspired by reflexology, this hand compression massager will help bring relief to any tired hands. The exterior is masterly crafted with a quality leather exterior while the inside contains a padded interior which provides you with maximum comfort. The top has a fancy control panel with an on/off button for easy operation and the option to choose between vibration and air pressure mode.
- Simple cozy design
- Padded interior for more comfort
- Fancy control panel
- Limited massage modes
- Tight on the hands
- Not ideal for large hands
How to Choose the Best Hand Massager: The Ultimate Buying Guide
Hands are used to do virtually everything; eat, drive, type, clean you name it. So it’s no wonder that they often experience fatigue and at times pain due to muscle cramps and tension aches. It’s important to pamper these precious body parts through massages. However, due to your busy schedule you may lack time to visit a professional massage parlor. By investing in a quality hand massager, you save time and money since you can massage the hand as you carry out other tasks.
Hand massagers apply reflexology and acupuncture technique to apply pressure or knead your hand providing instant relief. If you have a hand injury or chronic pain and arthritis, constantly massaging your hands will greatly improve blood circulation and relieve you off pain. Some of the massagers provide you with deep tissue massaging which is also great for your hands.
Benefits of a Hand Massage
Pampering your hands comes with immense benefits such as:
- Helps with poor circulation – Your hands are bound to get stiff and crampy. A massage will help oxygen to flow easily to your hands which releases any cramps and gets rid of any pain or stiffness present.
- Pain Relief – If you have experienced a recent hand injury or sprained your hand, massages are a great way to help you recover and heal. Massages help with scar tissues and adhesion caused by injuries.
- Better sleep – For someone who lacks sleep at night, a massage may be just what you need to sleep soundly at night. A brief and focused hand massage helps you relax and sleep better.
- Ease Headaches – Hand massagers apply reflexology which connects to different points in your head and this may help ease any tension headaches and migraines.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Hand Massager
Here are a number of factors to keep in mind when shopping for a hand massager;
- Attachments – Additional attachments help you customize your massage by having alternative heads which will provide you with a more comfortable experience. Some of the gadgets may have no attachments while others may have up to six different additional attachments. It’s all up to you and the type of massage you are aiming for.
- Power – For deeper penetration, you need to go for a massager with higher power. If you want a soothing massage with less intensity, you can opt for a massager that will not consume too much power.
- Ergonomic Handle – To help you maneuver to all parts of the massager, the hand massager is fitted with an ergonomic handle. Such a design helps give you a good grip as you move around the hand and apply pressure where necessary.
There’s no reason why you shouldn’t pamper your hands especially if you are often fatigued or have an injury. Investing in a quality hand massager will help release any cramps, alleviate pain and ease muscle cramps that may make your hands stiff and prevent you from being efficient. Hopefully, through this review you have an idea of the best hand massagers and have even spotted a product that is just perfect for your needs. Go ahead and spoil those precious hands.