So, it’s been a while since you pulled that stunning look with a new touch of purple hair color and you can hardly wait to rock the streets and proclaim to the world the beauty you are… well, it’s as simple as getting the best purple hair dye to do the magic! Wondering what the best fit is? Not sure which brand you should consider? Don’t worry – just go through the best purple hair dyes and choose the one that matches your interest.
Top 10 Purple Hair Dyes of 2020 Reviewed
- Top 10 Purple Hair Dyes of 2020 Reviewed
- 1. Joico Intensity Semi-Permanent Hair Color, Amethyst Purple
- 2. Jerome Russell Punky Hair Color Creme, Purple 3.5 Fluid Ounce
- 3. Arctic Fox Cruelty Free 100% Vegan Semi Permanent Hair Color Dye (8 Oz, Purple Rain)
- 4. L’Oreal Paris Hair Color Colorista 1-Day Spray, Purple
- 5. L’Oréal Paris Feria Multi-Faceted Shimmering Permanent Hair Color, V28 Midnight Violet (Deepest Violet)
- 6. Garnier Hair Color Sensation Hair Cream, Grape Expectations
- 7. Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Permanent Hair Color Cream
- 8. Celeb Luxury Viral Colorwash
- 9. Jerome Russell Punky Colour Semi-Permanent Conditioning Hair Color, Plum 3.5 oz
- 10. Berina A6 Permanent Hair Dye Color Cream Purple Crazy Fashions Punk Style
- How ton Choose The Best Purple Hair Dyes: The Ultimate Buying Guide
1. Joico Intensity Semi-Permanent Hair Color, Amethyst PurpleBest Semi-Permanent Hair Color
At times having a good hair shade is not enough. Joico realized this and designed this product knowing that a good smell on your head would be a ++. With the Joico Amethyst Purple, expect a long lasting, awesome conditioning and a nice shiny fade for your hair. The nourishment that comes with this product will shock you- even after it has faded, be guaranteed that the feel of your look will remain better.
Your hair, on top of attaining that shiny and healthy color, is reconstructed by the Joico Vero K-PAK! You simply apply the purple color from the tube and the results are beautiful, softer hair.
- Guaranteed awesome long lasting look
- Easy to apply as you don’t need a developer
- Nourishes and leaves your hair soft and vibrant
- Selection of color can be a bit confusing as it doesn’t match the tube color
- Requires strict following of instructions
- Doesn’t offer a variety of scents
2. Jerome Russell Punky Hair Color Creme, Purple 3.5 Fluid OunceBest Intense Hair Color Cream
Do you want to dye your hair but it’s chemically treated or bleached? Then look no further. Based on vegetable oils and colors, the product conditions your hair without the need for peroxides for it to give your hair that awesome appearance. The Punky Crème leaves your hair with an awesome highlight effect for the dark hair. For only 15-30 minutes of application, be assured that your hair will be smooth and vivid for as long as the dye lasts.
Is your hair damaged? Now, unlike other hair dyes, the Jerome Russell Punky Hair Color Crème will do wonders for you. This product dyes and conditions your damaged hair to ensure that you have and feel like a teenager- and feel like one!
- Cheap vegetable-based dye
- Gives you a smooth and vivid feel
- Even upon fading, your hair remains smooth and gorgeous
- Needs careful application not to stain everything
- Dark pigments are darker than they appear
- May dye your skin on some instances
3. Arctic Fox Cruelty Free 100% Vegan Semi Permanent Hair Color Dye (8 Oz, Purple Rain)Best Vegan Hair Color
We all love animals. We love the happiness we see on our dogs when they jiggle their tails or when our cats roll on our feet when we walk inside our front doors. That’s the feeling that Arctic Fox Dye will make you feel once you have it on your head. This semi-permanent hair dye is animal cruelty-free as it’s based on vegan ingredients. The look you get from this product gives your hair a smooth and soft feeling. The smell associated with this vegan based product lasts long, will condition your hair and leave that bright look for all to envy your look.
The Arctic Fox Dye contains zero harsh chemicals like Peroxide, ammonia and others that any be harmful to your general wellbeing. It maintains your hair while keeping it very hydrated to give you that Royalty-look that you deserve. The product is made with Do-It-Yourself a formula that’s easy to follow and lets you attain that extra fine look with Purple hair.
- Vegan based and animal cruelty-free dye
- No harsh chemicals
- Easy, quick and simple to use
- Can easily stain tiles if not handled carefully
- May leak on some types of hair
- Needs one to carefully choose the color they want as they are a bit confusing based on the shade
4. L’Oreal Paris Hair Color Colorista 1-Day Spray, PurpleBest 1-Day Color Spray
If you want a quick fix for a temporary look or for that purple dress that you want to rock for the night, think of the L’Oreal Paris Hair Color Colorista Purple as your next purchase. This amazing product works for all hairs, allows your hair to have pure purple pigments temporarily. You don’t need to bleach and will let you go back to your normal hair after only a day!
With this product, rest assured that you will have a bold look that will easily wash off after only a single wash. To apply, just spray the white micro powder, give it a few seconds to dry and there you go! And all this will not be at the cost of bleaching your hands or the bathroom floor like other dyes.
- Easy to apply and wash off
- Best for if you don’t want to commit to colored hair
- May leave the hair stiff
- Not the best for very dark hair
- Bottle is quite small and can only be used once.
5. L’Oréal Paris Feria Multi-Faceted Shimmering Permanent Hair Color, V28 Midnight Violet (Deepest Violet)Best Permanent Hair Dye
This product is what you need for a customized look by the master bold colorists from L’Oréal. Designed using the sleekest fashion design, this dye gives you edgy colors that are enhanced with a shimmering look. It comes with a conditioner that ensures that your hair remains smooth and seals that natural dyed look. And you don’t have to worry about the roots of your hair. L’Oréal Paris ensures that the roots are protected and at the same time leaving you with lasting hair color.
This product is easy to use when it comes to application. It guarantees you a long lasting purple look that will leave the heads turning. Additionally, the dye leaves you with an intensified highlight on your hair. It’s designed to give you 3X enhanced color look. And what’s more- all this comes without having going to meet your stylist!
- Easy to use
- Protects the roots of your hair
- Leaves your hair soft even after it’s washed out.
- Conditioner is smaller than it appears
- May get oily with time
- Requires that you bleach previous dyes before its application
6. Garnier Hair Color Sensation Hair Cream, Grape Expectations
Grey hair can be a bother to many of us when it comes to keeping our hair shining. The Garnier Hair Color Sensation Hair Cream, Grape Expectations was designed to take care of this nightmare. The hair cream comes with multiple dimensions pigments that leave your hair silky and protects it from breaking. The product is designed with drip-free formulae that ensure it only covers your hair, from the roots to the edges.
Knowing that application might be a problem, Garnier Hair Color Sensation Hair Cream comes as a whole package. A hair color brush contained ensures that you get precisely what you intend. The guide on the application is comprehensive enough to ensure that you treat your hair to the best available purple look. The end result for this product is a vibrant, shiny and an amazing rosy scent.
- Covers gray hair completely
- Long lasting
- Amazing scent
- Requires strict following of instructions for the perfect look
- Fades with time
- Takes longer for grey hair
7. Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Permanent Hair Color CreamBest Hair Dye For Dark Bases
Garnier, having been in the hair care industry for over one hundred understands what your needs. The Nutrisse color crème is made from avocado oils and grape seed that are crafted using the best technology. It safeguards your hair and gives it a fresh new look. With the color boosting technology, you will be assured of a permanent color that is bold and nourished for as long as you can remember. Worried that your hair is too dark? This product features blended ingredients that will just work for any type of hair.
And you don’t have to worry about dripping of the dye dripping and staining your clothes or your body- the formulated anti-dripping enhancement will ensure that all the color stays on your hair.
- Gives your hair a bold nourishing look
- Enhanced with fruit oils to protect and repair your hair
- Easy to apply the package
- The smell is quite strong
- One bottle may not be enough where one has a lot of hair
- No guarantee where your hair has colored sections
8. Celeb Luxury Viral Colorwash
The best time to dye your hair temporarily is while you are washing it. That’s why you need a shampoo that cleanses your hair while leaving in place the color you desire. The Celeb Viral Colorwash is an effective shampoo that is designed to semi-permanently dye your hair. It is suitable for people looking for vibrant, bold colors. This purple hair dye helps keep your hair healthy by conditioning and smoothing it. Your hair will break less due to the moisturizing effects of this particular product.
If you are a hairstylist, this shampoo is the best for you. It can leave your customers completely satisfied and keep coming back for more. Your customers will love it for being completely free of harsh chemicals that may dry hair and flake their scalps. The makers of this product have ensured that it is free of peroxide, ammonia, sulfates, parabens, and PPD. Besides, it hasn’t been tested on animals and is suitable for vegans.
- Formulated without the use of harsh hair-drying chemicals
- Shampoos, colors, conditions, and moisturizes hair
- Provides your hair with color that lasts through several washes
- Some said the color didn’t turn out as expected
- Reports of the product not working
- Doesn’t produce a concentrated
9. Jerome Russell Punky Colour Semi-Permanent Conditioning Hair Color, Plum 3.5 ozBest Conditioning Hair Color Under $10
When considering dyeing your hair for a limited period of time, this product is your best choice, and for a good reason. One, it’s affordable enough as it costs less than $10. Secondly, it’s enhanced with Vegan Keratin formulae that will leave you with a bright awesome durable hair tint. The conditioner will transform your dying experience as it will leave you with that silky, soft and healthy feeling
The product is extremely safe- its cruelty-free and vegan. The color is free from ammonia, paraben, PPD’s and all GMO’s. To apply, just use a pair of gloves or a tint brush to your washed hair, leave for about 30 minutes, rinse and there you have your sparkling purple look!
- The amazing purple color that will not fade for up to 25 washes
- Easy to use
- Conditioner that will transform your hair.
- May leave stains on the body or clothes if not carefully applied
- One bottle may not be enough if your hair is a lot
- Requires a lot of water to rinse
10. Berina A6 Permanent Hair Dye Color Cream Purple Crazy Fashions Punk StyleBest Protein Conditioner
The innovativeness that comes with the Berina A6 Permanent Hair Dye Color is one that is unprecedented. This product has active components that will give your hair a glamorous purple fusion style. The cream contains active radiants that will leave your hair with a powerful and permanent silky that will leave heads turning. The silky and smooth feeling can be enhanced using the Berina Protein Conditioner that will improve the health of your hair dramatically.
For darker hairs, this product requires that you bleach your hair first and leave it for at least a day. The pack comes with peroxide that should be thoroughly mixed before application. To apply it, you need to clean and dry your hair and do sectional application.
- Long lasting
- Smoothens and leaves your hair healthy
- Glamorous shiny color
- Application instructions are not in English
- Needs bleaching before application
- Lengthier hair may need up to 2 boxes
How ton Choose The Best Purple Hair Dyes: The Ultimate Buying Guide
When purchasing a purple hair dye, there’s no doubt you will be met with hundreds of options out there. This can get you very confused trying to figure out the perfect hair dye for your needs. With the following tips, your shopping will be nothing short of a breeze. Read through the following factors before you click that “buy” option to avoid regrets later on.
Durability: Semi-permanent vs. Permanent Purple Dye
Probably one of the most important aspects to keep in mind: different purple hair dyes last for different periods of time! Normally, hair dyes will last for a shorter period of time with an increase in the frequency of hair wash and especially the more artificial colors. So that means the more you wash your hair the faster the dye hemorrhages. However, the best purple hair dyes can last up to 3 months with regular washing. There are permanent hair dyes too, most of which will last you years before the color starts to fade.
When it comes to using colorants on your hair, your skin and your hair are at stake in terms of safety. Many artificial colors may contain chemicals that are harmful to both your skin and your delicate hair. So, just to be on the safe side, the best purple hair dyes are those that are free of chemicals poisonous to your body. How do you tell? Well, simply put, just check the ingredients label on the side of the packaging.
Ease of Use
Most people prefer to go for dyes that are easy to use and don’t require a rigorous process of mixing ingredients or don’t need a developer. Most of these dyes come in crèmes or sprays. The best purple hair dyes are the ones that are straightforward to use. So, always go for a crème that you can apply without any struggle.
If you are cautious on how the purple hair dye was manufactured, then you have the option of going for Vegan friendly products. The great thing about these hair dyes is that that they are safe for people with pets. The ingredients are completely natural, so even if your canine friend decides to have fun with the hair dye and end up eating it, you won’t be rushing to the vet.
Dyes are usually made in regard to the type of hair they will be used on – whether the course, soft, dark, breached, and even light. So, as you consider the best purple hair dyes in the market, be sure to look for the most appropriate ones in regard to your hair.
Different hair colorants come with different scents with some of them being very upsetting to the user. As you set out in the quest for the best purple hair dye, be sure to find out what kind of scents they come with, otherwise, you might end up in a struggle when washing your hair.
Your hair speaks a lot about your style. If you want to look great and impress with purple hair, all you need to do is get a quality hair dye. The above options are a good start, depending on your preferences. But remember, at the end of the day, there are dozens of considerations to keep in mind including, brands, quality, durability and so forth. Be sure to go for something that is worth your while.