Almost everyone whistles, hums or blurts out a song when in the shower. There’s something about that water pouring all over you that makes you desire some form of entertainment. Bathing spaces are getting more modern each day as people seek to pamper themselves in the shower. While exercising your vocal chords during this daily routine is a nice habit you can get entertained in a better way by installing a shower speaker in your bathroom.
Having a sound system in bathrooms is quickly gaining popularity as people modernize their bathrooms with shower curtains, drop-in sinks, pedestal sinks, bath mats and shower doors. After a long day at work, you would want to come home to a relaxing experience and one of the best places to feel refreshed is in a pimped up bathroom. If you are the type that loves taking long bubble baths in your tub, having a shower speaker is a must since it brings you nice tunes that will make the experience even more memorable.
The market is filled with shower speakers but not all will meet your bathroom needs. Since the bathroom is always wet and highly humid, these products need to have a special design to with stand these conditions. We have gathered a collection of the best shower speakers for your bathroom that will provide you with endless entertainment without getting damaged by the water. Have a look.
Top 10 Shower Speakers of 2019 Reviewed
- Top 10 Shower Speakers of 2019 Reviewed
- 1. VicTsing SoundHot C6 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- 2. Vtin SoundHot Q1 Shower Speaker
- 3. JBL Clip 3 Wireless Bluetooth Shower Speaker
- 4. AYL Outdoor and Shower Speaker
- 5. iFox iF012 Bluetooth Shower Speaker
- 6. Altec Lansing IMW258 Mini Waterproof Speaker
- 7. Gideon Waterproof Bluetooth Shower Speaker
- 8. Retround Mini Shower Speaker
- 9. BassPal Shower Radios
- 10. INSMY Portable Shower Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Choose a Shower Speaker – Ultimate Buying Guide
1. VicTsing SoundHot C6 Portable Bluetooth SpeakerBest Waterproof Shower Speakers
To start us off is this 100% waterproof speaker from VicTsing that will provide you with endless tunes in the shower. It doesn’t get affected by water vapor or splashing which guarantees you quality tunes every second you are in the bathroom. The 5W speaker provides you with high sound that is loud enough above the running water. The speaker has a full range output and clear sound output that can last up to 6 hours of playing time.
For easy transportation, it comes with an aluminum alloy hook with a detachable suction for added convenience. The suction cup makes it easy to attach to your bathroom mirror or even on the wall tiles without it slipping. When not in the shower, you can hook it on to your backpack using the metallic hook. Better yet the speaker has superior Bluetooth connectivity that’s compatible with all iOS and Android devices. An audio and charging cable is included in the package. The Bluetooth 4.2 feature ensures seamless connectivity from a range of up to 33 feet.
- 100% waterproof
- Seamless Bluetooth connectivity
- Easy attachment to bathroom walls or mirrors
- Doesn’t hold charge for too long
- Battery life deteriorates with time
- Button placement could be better
2. Vtin SoundHot Q1 Shower SpeakerBest 8W Shower Speakers
Get to enjoy endless entertainment in your bathroom by investing in the Vtin SoundHit Q1 that comes with tons of useful features. Its 8W high quality driver is specially designed to give you crystal clear sound with great bass. It has an extended play period of 10 hours without need to recharge it but the maximum volume has to be at 70%. The speaker needs 2 hours to get fully charged and you will be set for quality entertainment.
The speaker is specially designed to be waterproof and functions seamlessly despite water vapor or any water splashes. For easy connectivity, the speaker supports Bluetooth 4.2 version which picks up signal within 33 feet without need for wires or plugs. The Bluetooth feature picks quality signals and transmits without any hiccups. You can also enjoy hands free phone call pick up as you continue with your shower. It also supports micro SD cards which gives you more options of listening to live music in the bathroom or at the pool.
- Up to 10 hours of play
- Quality sound output
- Fast charging system
- Can’t pair with multiple devices
- Suction cup is weak
- Control buttons are on the backside
3. JBL Clip 3 Wireless Bluetooth Shower SpeakerBest Portable Shower Speakers
No more boring showers with the JBL Clip 3 shower speaker that’s designed to keep you entertained in the bathroom. It has an ultra-portable and rugged design that is small in size but has a loud sound output. Its IPX7 waterproof design ensures that the sound quality isn’t affected by water vapor or water droplets. The built-in rechargeable Lithium battery will provide you with 10 hours of uninterrupted music at 70% volume.
It also has an integrated metallic hook that keeps the speaker from any damage and allows you to easily hook it anywhere. The speaker also has a noise cancelling function that allows you to pick calls even in the shower. It has a durable outside casing that can withstand any damage for years. The speaker comes in a variety of colors totaling to ten that will compliment your bathroom theme.
- Extended playtime
- Integrated metal carabiner
- Noise cancelling function
- Problems with pairing some devices
- Sound may not be very clear
4. AYL Outdoor and Shower SpeakerBest 12 Hour Play Shower Speakers
Designed to resist water and humid conditions, this portable speaker is what you need to stay entertained in the shower. It boasts of 4.0 Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to pair with devices quickly and without much hustle. The speaker has a wireless range of 33 feet so that the sound can reach you even from a distance. The high capacity battery gives you 12 hours of play and takes up to three hours to be fully charged using a micro USB cable.
You can also take the speaker with you for outdoor activities such as hiking and camping to enjoy quality entertainment. The speaker is universally compatible with all devices that have Bluetooth feature. It’s built to withstand water and wet conditions which ensures a memorable shower experience. It’s available in black, forest green and ocean blue colors.
- Universal compatibility with devices
- Last up to 12 hours
- Not so sleek design
- No hooks
- Doesn’t display battery level
5. iFox iF012 Bluetooth Shower SpeakerBest Quality Sound Shower Speakers
Made to bring high quality sound to your bathroom, this shower speaker from iFox Creations will not disappoint. It’s 100% waterproof and can be fully submersed in water without getting damaged. The unique white buttons are highly visible even when the shower cubicle is filled with steam adding to its convenience. It supports Bluetooth 4.1 and connects within 6 seconds to any device. It also has a strong suction cup that attaches easily to tiles, glass, and ceramic or any smooth surface in your bathroom.
It has an extended battery life that will provide you with up to 10 hours of playtime. It’s durable and stylish look will compliment any space and keep you entertained. It also has a noise cancelling button that lets you pick calls when in the shower. Enjoy high quality sound and top notch entertainment wherever you are with this portable speaker.
- Strong suction cup
- Quick Bluetooth connectivity
- Highly visible white buttons
- Not compatible with micro USB charging
- Short battery life
- Sound could be clearer
6. Altec Lansing IMW258 Mini Waterproof SpeakerBest Mini Shower Speakers
Add sound to your bathroom space with this mini shower speaker from Altec Lansing. It has Bluetooth support that covers a range of 30 feet and connects easily with devices making it ideal for both indoor and outdoor entertainment. The floating speaker has a special 1P67 design that is resistant to water vapor, steam or water droplets. At one of the edges is a metallic look that is expertly incorporated into the design to help mount or carry the stylish speaker around.
The device is fully hands free so that you can enjoy your music without touching it. It has a battery life of 6 hours on full charge and includes a built-in smartphone charger. The speaker has clear stereo-type sound that will keep you entertained. It comes in six fancy colors; teal, black, cool grey, red, blue and aqua blue.
- Waterproof and shockproof design
- Bluetooth support
- Doesn’t control heavy bass songs
- Maximum volume could be higher
- Quite small
7. Gideon Waterproof Bluetooth Shower SpeakerBest Hands Free Shower Speakers
Enjoy a deep bass and super rich sound when taking a shower with this waterproof bathroom speaker from Gideon. It comes with an auto-pairing feature that helps it connect automatically to your device whether it’s a tablet, Bluetooth or smartphone. It has incorporated the latest Bluetooth 3.0 version which lets you pair within a 50 feet radius.
It comes as a hands free speakerphone with easy to press buttons that include an ‘answer call’ button that lets you pick calls in the shower and allows you to chat directly through the built-in microphone. When fully charged, the integrated Lithium battery can last you up to 10 hours and can be quickly recharged within 2.5 hours using the USB cable. It boasts of a sleek, modern design with a strong suction cup that lets you stick it to any flat surface.
- Deep, rich sound
- Hands frees with built-in microphone
- Wide Bluetooth area coverage
- Blinks too much
- Very small
- Sound not loud enough above water
8. Retround Mini Shower SpeakerBest Colorful Shower Speakers
Add some color and great sound to your bathroom space with this IPX4 Waterproof Speaker from Retround. It has unique gray buttons that are highly visible even in the shower and allow you to control the volume of the speaker and answer calls wirelessly. It’s designed with a waterproof case that’s waterproof and dustproof making it an ideal companion in the shower. The integrated suction cup has a strong absorption ability that lets it stick firmly on any smooth surface.
The 5W speaker’s battery can extend up to 6 hours of playtime and takes three hours to fully charge. It easily connects through Bluetooth and displays the connectivity mode for added convenience. The device also automatically turns off after 15 minutes of inactivity to save on charge. Its available in over five fun colors including yellow, blue, pink, red and black. On purchase, you will also get a USB charging cable and a camping snap hook.
- Good sound quality
- Auto-shut off feature to save charge
- Silicone case resistant to water and dust
- Not durable
- Short battery life
- Charging system needs improvement
9. BassPal Shower RadiosBest Submersible Shower Speakers
Getting good quality and crystal clear sound doesn’t get better than this with the BassPal Shower Radio. Its IPX7 waterproof rating design is one of the highest in the market which allows it to be submersed up to 3 feet inside water without getting damaged. Its strong suction cup allows you to stick it on the bathroom wall, tiles or any smooth surface. You can also have this speaker with you while out swimming in the pool or at the beach.
It also boasts of a built-in FM so that you have more options of what to listen to while showering. It also comes with great Bluetooth connectivity to various devices such as iPhones and tablets. Playback time is 8 hours with a charging period of 3 hours using a USB cable. You can choose between blue and gray and get to enjoy rich bass sound as you take a refreshing bath.
- Strong suction cup
- Built-in FM radio
- Sound quality could be better
- Not for intense water sports
- Annoying when the battery runs low
10. INSMY Portable Shower Bluetooth SpeakerBest Submersible Shower Speakers
Enjoy good quality digital sound when in the shower by getting yourself this waterproof bathroom speaker from INSMY. Nothing has been left to chance when it comes to ensuring a rich sound from this speaker with features such as a digital audio processor and dual precision drivers for great sound. The light weight design makes it ideal for travelling with an extended playtime of up to 12 hours on full charge.
The speaker is also IPX7 certified making it waterproof and submersible in water. It also has a built-in microphone that allows you to pick calls hands free. It also supports Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity and has a wireless coverage of an incredible 66 feet. It also supports multiple devices including your phone, tablet and laptop.
- 12 hour playback time
- Digital audio processor for great sound
- IPX7 waterproof rating
- Better control of bass sound needed
- Charging is hectic
- Quite small
How to Choose a Shower Speaker – Ultimate Buying Guide
Music is good for the soul and it gets better for you when you are enjoying a relaxing bath at home. While listening to music while in the bathroom may seem cumbersome due to the humidity generated during a bath, you can still enjoy using bathroom speakers. Investing in a shower speaker allows you to listen to music, podcasts and any other audio sound that soothes your mind and body when in the shower.
These specially designed devices have different ways of connectivity that you can use to connect to them. The most popular way is through Bluetooth though there has been an increase in the number of smart shower speakers that use the internet. While Bluetooth is the best for short network coverage, it may not allow you to connect to multiple devices at once compared to the WI-FI enabled shower speakers.
Why Invest in a Shower Speaker?
As mentioned earlier, these devices are purely for entertainment when having a bath. Most usually have suction cups or hooks that easily mount on your bathroom wall, tiles or a smooth surface in your bathroom. However, the speakers aren’t only limited to bathrooms and most are portable and can be carried for outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, swimming among others. Don’t pass on an opportunity to listen to your favorite tunes as you take a shower.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Shower Speaker
Let’s explore some features that you have to look out for before adding that shower speaker to your shopping cart. They include;
- Functionality – It’s obvious that the bathroom is often wet and humid which means that any device that you intend to use in there should be waterproof. It’s important to look at the waterproof rating on your gadget to ensure that it’s built to withstand water vapor, droplets and steam. Usually, you will get ratings such as 1PX3,IPX4 and even IXP7 rating indicated on the device. The higher the number, the better the device’s design at keeping away water. Some are even designed to be submersed in water up to a certain depth without affecting the sound quality.
- Sound Output- The speaker should be designed to give you quality and crystal clear sound. Some of the speakers have integrated dual precision drivers and sound processors to enhance the sound quality. It’s important to ensure that the speaker can churn tunes loudly so that you can hear the music above the running water. Buttons to control the sound such as volume should also be visible and strategically placed for easy access.
- Battery Life – Most of these shower speakers are powered by rechargeable Lithium batteries. You have to ensure that the speaker has an extended battery life with a lengthy playback period. Usually most can last between 6-12 hours when on full charge. However, putting the device on full volume will deplete the battery faster. You also need to ensure that the speaker doesn’t take ages to recharge and has convenient ways of charging such as USB cable charging.
- Drivers – The number of drivers available on the speaker will determine the quality of sound output. Most of the small, portable speakers have a single driver which is placed at the top or bottom to maximize sound displacement. The bigger speakers usually have dual drivers making them quite loud. Since the bathroom space isn’t so big, a single driver Bluetooth speaker will do just fine.
- Mounting – Placing the speaker in tour bathroom shouldn’t be hustle. Some of the speakers come with a suction cup that sticks firmly on the wall or bathroom mirror. Others may have a hook for easy mounting which can also be used to easily carry it on your backpack in the event you use the speaker for outdoor activities.
- Added Features – There are a number of features that will enhance your user experience from the shower speaker. One such feature is a built-in microphone that lets you answer calls while in the shower. However, you need to be careful that such features do not inconvenience you when expecting an important all. The noise cancellation feature is also great especially when receiving a call in the shower.
Get yourself a shower speaker today and enjoy some nice tunes as you relax in your bathroom. Whether you are taking a long bath in the tub or a quick morning shower in the cubicle, a bathroom speaker is an ideal companion. Hopefully, we have highlighted some great features in the best shower speakers and you have even spotted a device that will turn your bathroom into a musical haven.