No fabric screams luxury like silk – silk sheets, silk pajamas, a silk shirt, and even silk boxers. Since the early centuries, silk garments were reserved for royalty due to their luxurious feel and extreme comfort. Nowadays, men favor boxers to briefs since none of them want a tight fit down there especially when one is up and about all day.
As a man, it’s good to treat yourself and your manhood once in a while and what better way to do so than to invest in a number of silk boxers. Not only feel you experience an exemplary level of comfort, but your lady will be in awe of your taste in the finer things in life. Silk boxers are exceptionally smooth and the fabric is highly breathable which makes it a perfect undergarment even in hot weather.
That said, finding the right silk boxer for your body type may prove quite a difficult task. The market is filled with a lot of fabric that is advertised as silk but is usually a blend of other cheap fabric that is very uncomfortable on your skin. In here, you will find a collection of some of the best silk boxers for men that will have you wearing this luxurious undergarment all day every day.
Top 8 Silk Boxers For Men Of 2019 Reviewed
1. Intimo Men’s Classic Silk BoxersBest Fit
The moment you will slip on this boxer, you will be amazed at how soft and luxurious this undergarment feels. Made of 100% pure silk, you will love the feel of this luxurious fabric on your body. For a better grip, the boxer comes with four tracks of a full silk covered elastic waistband. It also has a two button fly for better comfort and two slits for easier motion.
The amazing thing about this pair of boxers is that they are machine washable for easy cleaning. You will get to choose from two sizes and up to five luxurious colors that will look and feel good on your skin.
- 100% silk
- Machine washable
- Fit nicely around the waist
- Sizing is a headache
- May shrink after a wash
- Start fading fast
2. Fishers Finery Men’s 100% Pure Mulberry Silk BoxersBest Mulberry Silk
Luxury doesn’t get any better than Mulberry silk. Fisher’s Finery brings you this luxurious boxer that’s made of the finest Mulberry silk and is so sturdily made that it doesn’t tear as you walk, sleep or carry out your day to day activities. The boxer has a full cut that allows for a better fit and greater comfort. To help make things easier with this boxer, the designers have added a double layered crossover fly made of buttons.
This undergarment fits perfectly due to its elastic waist band and beautifully stitched at the seams giving it an amazing finish. You will get a chance to choose from a wide range of sizes depending on your body type and over six beautiful colors to meet your preference. However, don’t throw this beautiful boxer into the washing machine for cleaning but rather hand wash it to preserve its delicate structure.
- Beautiful stitching
- Great fit at the waist
- Big room for better fit
- Delicate to clean
- Lots of cheap imitations
- Buttons may loosen fast
3. TexereSilk Men’s 100% Silk Dress BoxersBest For Boardroom
For busy executives who are always holed up in boardroom meetings, then this silk boxer will be a great undergarment to invest in. Made of 100% silk, these boxers are breathable and adequately control temperature as you wear them even in a hot room. The rich French seams give the garment a beautiful appearance while the single buttoned fly allow for a better fit.
To hold the boxers tightly in place, the boxers have an elastic waistband. They are also shorter in size for better comfort under your pants. The fabric used is hypoallergenic which makes ideal for men with sensitive skin. For cleaning, it can either be hand washed or gently washed in a machine. Comes in a variety of sizes and different color options.
- Light in weight
- Easy to clean
- Need lots of pairs to prevent running down
- Too much space on the fly
- Poor stitching
4. Royal Silk Sexy Aqua Blue Madras Stripes BoxersBest Design
Just like the brand name, you will feel like royalty while wearing this beautiful and masterly stitched pair of boxers. Made of 65 grams of 100% Madras silk, the boxers have a smooth sheen and feel ultra-soft on your skin. The garment’s Indian silk twill is treated and pre-shrunk to help it last for longer. To add to the apparel’s luxury, it has beautifully designed French seams, a front buttoned fly and comes with an extra pearl button for easy use.
The elastic waistband has double track stitching for a better fit and the seams are reinforced to last longer. To help you with cleaning, each pair comes with washing instructions for either hand washing or machine washing. You will literally feel like you are walking on clouds with this pair of boxers.
- Very light in weight
- Lasts longer
- Double stitched for a perfect fit
- May keep sliding up
- May get stiff on washing
- Lack of an extra-large size
5. Crimson Noir Checks Silk BoxersBest Taffeta Silk
Made of 100% taffeta silk, luxurious feel doesn’t get better than wearing this pair of boxers. Designed with ultra-comfort in mind, the boxer comes with a three-panel construction with a single button fly at the front. With over five sizes to choose from including XXL, you will definitely get one that fits no matter your body type. It also has a unique checked design that looks good and radiates opulence on wearing.
To clean, you can wash it using your hands or machine wash it in a washer bag that is sold separately. However, you need to follow the given care instructions word for word to ensure that you provide this boxer ultimate care for it to last longer.
- Variety of sizes
- Three-panel construction
- Unique design
- A bit short
- Delicate to clean
- May shrink after washing
6. Qianya Mens Silk Underwear BoxerBest Boxer-cum-Brief
Qianya has combined those that love boxers and briefs in the design of this undergarment. It’s made of 100% mulberry silk making it ultralight with an extra smooth texture that feels good on your skin. Since the fabric is naturally hypoallergenic, men with sensitive skin can comfortably wear it for an extended period of time.
The pair of boxers has good breathability which and a natural fungal repellent to keep away odors. Hand washing is the preferred method of cleaning but you can also use a machine wash on cold. It also comes in an economy pack containing two pairs of these simple yet comfortable boxers.
- Dual design
- Very short
- Comes in only two sizes
- Available only in white
7. METWAY Men’s Silk Boxer Briefs
Those that leave in humid environments will love this pair of boxers that made of 100% mulberry silk with all the benefits of a natural fabric. The boxer has great anti-bacterial and deodorization functions that come with natural silk fabrics. As it’s highly breathable, it prevents odors due to sweating and has natural thermal control properties. The soft fabric feels great on your skin and since it has a boxer/brief design it’s a great undergarment even when wearing tight-fitting pants.
The other great thing about these boxers is that they are easy to hand wash and dry quickly due to the light fabric. The manufacturer highly recommends hand washing and shielding it from any direct sunlight.
- Super light and soft
- Thermal regulation properties
- Quite short
- Comes in only three sizes
- Only two colors available
8. Set of Three Silk Boxers by Royal SilkBest Economy Pack
Royal Silk brings you three pack of quality silk boxers made of Indian silk that will feel like butter on your skin. The boxers are made of 100% silk hence have benefits of this awesome fabric such as great breathability and odor-fighting properties. The brand has a reputation of paying attention to detail and this evident by beautiful French seams.
The pack contains orange, black and red boxers that have a single buttoned fly on the front. The pack comes with washing instructions for easy cleaning. Once you get to wear these smooth and soft boxers, you will never want to wear anything other than silk ever again.
- Economy pack
- Sturdily built
- Color runs on first wash
- May bulge in tight pants
- Limited size options
How To Choose Best Silk Boxers For Men
A silk garment exudes luxury and sophistication due its shiny look and opulence. Of all the fabrics out there, silk is one of the softest which is the reason why it was reserved for royalty. Silk is a natural fiber that’s created by silkworms which makes the fabric stand out compared to other synthetic fabrics such as polyester and satin. Due to its exemplary creation process, silk garments cost much more than their synthetic counterparts since it depends on the metamorphosis of the silkworm.
Here are some of the reasons why silk is so special:
- Natural fabric– It’s naturally created by silkworms making the fabric giving it hypoallergenic properties that are ideal for those with sensitive skin.
- Appearance – Silk has a shiny pearl-like sheen that looks good and feels even better on your skin.
- Comfort –Being a natural fabric, it has temperature regulating properties, its biodegradable and highly breathable.
- Durability – Silk has more tensile strength than steel hence doesn’t tear easily when wearing it.
Common Types of Silk
- Mulberry Silk – Of all the silk supply in the world, 90% of it is Mulberry silk. Just like the name, silk is sourced from a Bombyx mory silkworm that feeds on mulberry. The worms are domesticated and reared indoors where 2,500 silkworms produce just a pound of raw silk over a period of 2 months. Whoa! No wonder silk is so expensive and exclusive.
- Tasar Silk– After mulberry, tasar silk is the next in line in terms of availability and is mostly produced in China, India, and Japan. This type of silk has a copper color that gives it a beautiful lustrous look. It’s used in its natural form since it can’t be dyed.
- Eri Silk – This is a favorite among amongst animal rights activists since it doesn’t involve destroying the silkworm to obtain it unlike mulberry and the rest. Eri silk fabric is durable but quite heavy thus not ideal for boxers.
- Mussel Silk – This silk is only obtained from the shores of Italy and Dalmatia which is why it’s nicknamed ‘sea silk’. It’s the most exclusive and expensive silk out there and isn’t used for the production of mass goods.
Now that you have an idea of the variety of silk out there, let’s get back to silk boxers and their luxurious feel on your skin. So, what do you need to consider before settling on a particular pair? Here’s a couple of factors:
- Size – It’s rather obvious that size is an important consideration but its importance can’t be overemphasized. Don’t go for an overly tight pair since it will leave you uncomfortable all day while a boxer that’s too loose will be noticeable especially when wearing tight-fitting pants.
- Care – Ensure that your garment comes with cleaning instructions since silk is one of the most delicate fabrics to clean. Proper care of your silk will ensure that it lasts longer and doesn’t shrink or fade.
A little luxury is good for you and indulging in a pair (s) of silk boxers is one way to enjoy the little finer things in life. Hopefully, we have indulged you enough with our review and that you have spotted the best silk boxers for men that will give you all day comfort and breathability as you go out and conquer the world.