If you love steak, then investing in the best steak knives is a no brainer and high-quality cutlery is an essential part of different meals especially when you are serving steak. It is more gratifying if you could enjoy your succulent steak without any hassle at all. Not having the proper cutlery such as a steak knife would be tough and could only ruin your meal. Regardless of how you want your steak cooked, eating steak would undoubtedly require you to have a steak knife.
However, we also know how what a daunting task it would be for you to shop for the best steak knives on the market because let’s admit it, there are just too many varieties out there. So, where and how exactly are you going to start with your search and what would you need to consider in order to narrow down your choices? Do you even know what to look for and how to determine if you are actually making the right selection and investment on your cutlery?
There are just too many questions that would leave you more confused than before you even decided to make that all too important purchase. Thus, we make a comprehensive and careful review of the different steak knives available on the market today so that you can see if they suit your overall preferences. Shopping for the best steak knives should be easy, quick, and spot on and we are confident that this review of the different brands and sets on the market would make your search hassle-free.
Top 10 Steak Knives Of 2020 Reviewed
1. Victorinox Steak Knife SetBest Steak Knife For Straight Edge Options
Straight edge steak knives have their own distinct features that influence their steak cutting performance. There are numerous reasons why purchasing this set is the best for a steak lover like you.
This 6-piece set is made from high carbon stainless steel blades offering incredible sharpness. The full-tang guarantee for straight and clean cuts while maintaining its robust and resilient quality. The lifetime manufacturer warranty allows you to deal with some issues such as rusting or breakage
- Cutting precision with the high carbon stainless steel finish
- Durable, resilient, and heavy-duty
- It comes with a classic rosewood handle with ergonomic design for comfort and balance
- One of the customers reiterate poor quality control due to the rough handles that require sanding
2. Equinox Steak Knife (4-Piece Set)Best Steak Knife With Serrated Edge
Our first knife on the list is ideal for those who prefer a variety with serrated edge features. So far, this is the best set and brand in this category, given the details on its sharpness and ease of use and the. It is a high-quality steak knife serrated edge set for such low price especially with discounted rates on Amazon.
- Innovative serrated edge technology
- Value for your money
- Durable and resilient construction
- Reliable lifetime warranty
- Serrated blade could cut meat into shreds
3. Dalstrong Gladiator Steak Knives SeriesBest Steak Knife For High-Class Collection
When you say that a steak knife is the best in class, you immediately get the impression that this cutlery set is outstanding in artisanship, design elements, with cutting edge technology and premium materials. Those qualities are exactly what you can get with the Dalstrong steak knife series, which sets the standard in the steak knives tradition.
The high-carbon imported ThyssenKrupp German steel material features innovative serration engineering with expert heat treatment. It features luxuriously black pakkawood handle with a triple-riveted design for comfortable grip and protective sheaths.
- Imported German steel blade for precise cuts
- Advanced serration engineering for sharpness
- Money back or 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Blunt rounded knife tip does not cut very well
- A little overpriced for a tight budget
4. J.A. Henckels International Steak Knife SetBest Steak Knife For Stainless Steel Options
Modern steak knife collections have two main categories when it comes to materials, namely, high-carbon and stainless steel. Stainless steel is convenient to use and more familiar compared to its high-carbon counterpart. The J.A. Henckels steak knife set is by far the best in the stainless steel category because of numerous reasons.
The stainless steel technology boasts of a corrosion-resistant and durable feature for the blades as well as the handle, making it safe and healthy to use. It comes with a serrated edge design so that you do not need to sharpen your steak knife over and over again. The one-piece construction with a full tang feature gives it an even more quality finish with outstanding sharpness.
- Corrosion resistant for long-term use
- Sharp serrated edge design
- The steak knife collection has a lifetime warranty
- The tips seem fragile, would bend over, brittle, and prone to breakage
- Not dishwasher-friendly
5. Oneida Flight Steak Knife SetBest Steak Knife For a Tight Budget
Buying a set of top quality steak knife need not ruin your budget and this set by Oneida is our best recommendation. Why is it a good investment if you choose this steak knife set for this particular category?
Amazon offers a markdown price for this steak knife collection, giving you the best value for your money. Nevertheless, the Oneida steak knife set does not sacrifice quality with its stainless steel material and innovative one-piece full tang design.
- A budget-friendly alternative
- High-quality stainless steel with a high luster finish
- Innovative handle detailing for a sophisticated look
- The serrated design of the knife only comes part way down
6. Messermeister Avanta Steak Knife SetBest Steak Knife For Fine Edge Options
On top of the accolade it received from The Strategist of the New York Magazine, this steak knife collection enjoys the spotlight for many other good reasons. The design and overall construction of the product make it a remarkable choice in the fine edge category.
It comes with a German stainless steel material that guarantees quality sharpness and durability. The affordability of this high-quality steak knife in the fine edge category is noteworthy, especially for serious steak enthusiasts. You have 100% peace of mind because the product also comes with a manufacturer’s lifetime warranty.
- Sharp and durable stainless steel blades
- A cheaper alternative for fine edge knives
- 100% lifetime warranty
- The steak knife set is too fragile for everyday use
- Not dishwasher-friendly for fast and easy cleanup
- Tip bends over and breaks off
7. Shun DMS400 Steak Knife SetBest Steak Knife For Classic/Tradition Collections
Steak knives have been around throughout the centuries and there are traditional designs that remain the best choices if you are into classic collections. The Shun steak knife series is a top choice in this category and for some good reasons.
The steak knife set offers conventional ergonomic offset bolsters for that timeless look. It boasts of the convenient handle and comfortable D-shaped Packwood handles along with the steel end caps for safe and easy use. The blades have 33 multiple layers of rust-free stainless steel with traditional Damascus look.
- Classic design with modern handles for comfort
- Rust-free stainless steel
- Sophisticated aesthetics
- Overpriced and expensive for its quality
8. Ashlar Steak Knives Set of 6 Stainless Steel Full-edge Serrated Steak KnivesBest Full-Edge Serrated Steak Knives
The six-set Ashlar Steak Knives are finely machine-serrated ensuring that they are always sharp to cut your steak, fruits, and vegetables. In fact, the knives are capable of cutting through food like a breeze. Any of these knives are a great addition to a set of cutlery. It makes everything work together like it was meant to be. The stainless steel knives are rust and stain-resistant. Cool enough, you can easily clean them in a dishwasher.
We are talking about one-piece knives, which do not come with loose handles. With these knives, you don’t have to worry about the handles falling off. Also, no food particles will be trapped in the knives since they have no cracks. On top of all that, the knives are comfortable to hold for big or small hands. They are modern looking knives, which are incidentally highly functional. To show how much they believe and stand by their products, the manufacturers of these knives are offering a full lifetime guarantee. If you return them for any reason, you will get a full refund.
- A set of six, serrated sharp knives
- Stainless steel is easy to clean
- Comes with a lifetime satisfaction guarantee
- Reports of rust developing after several washes
- Not great for a dishwasher
- Some users found the knives to be too light
9. Trudeau Steak Knife CollectionBest Steak Knife For Laguiole Style Options
You will absolutely find this set of steak knife the best collection if you are after impressive aesthetics as your top priority. However, there are other reasons why you should make that choice.
The 6-piece set comes with stainless steel serrated blades with full tang features for seamless cutting. It boasts of the hand-stamped handles in stunning Pakkawood finish and you can use your cutlery for years to come because the materials offer not just beauty but strength and durability.
- Durable and resilient for long-term use
- Full tang construction for precise cutting
- Beautiful aesthetics with Pakkawood handles
- Packaging for the set is not that impressive and classy
10. Cangshan V2 SeriesBest Steak Knife For Drawer Block Design
You can always go for the ordinary or choose something different such as the drawer block design. Here are the reasons why you should make that investment. The steak knife set comes with the patent pending bolster with classic redesigned handle for aesthetic enhancement.
One of its featured qualities is the solid acacia wood block for that cutting edge innovation, unique grain, and handcrafted design. The superbly sharp blades are credited to its German steel materials with Rockwell hardness scale of 58+/-2.
- Solid wood block for seamless cuts
- Sophisticated looks with a handcrafted design
- Superior blade sharpness
- The high possibility of rusting is a problem with this product
How To Choose Best Steak Knives: The Ultimate Buying Guide
In the kitchen, a knife is not a knife especially when it comes to the cutlery that you should use for your steak. Steak knives have their own distinct qualities that made them different from an ordinary knife in your kitchen drawer. The wrong blade could make your meal a disaster, turning your beautiful and succulent steak into a pile of shreds.
Thus, it is high time you look for the best steak knives on the market today, especially the ones that should pass the most important criteria you should initially consider for your cutlery investment. So, what are the things that you should look for when shopping for a set or collection of steak knife?
You need to consider the type of blade for your steak knife and there are two common categories to choose from, namely, serrated and straight blades. It all depends on your preferences which of these blade types would best suit your next steak knife investment.
Serrated blades have jagged edges just as if the ones you see in a saw, making them cut through most common meat textures with ease and precision. For most serrated edge knives, cutting the steak while preventing it from getting shredded is its top benefit.
Straight blades also have their upsides especially if you are particular with the look or aesthetic of your cutlery as most classic and traditional sets have this particular design. Nevertheless, you should consider that straight blades may not easily cut meats like their serrated counterparts and you would need to sharpen them every now and then.
An important feature of a steak knife should be its handle and how it fits in your hand because some handles are only for aesthetic purposes but may not necessarily offer good performance overall. There are simpler steak knife handles that could make better cutting results while designs that are more complex could make them awkward or difficult to use. Handles vary in terms of their sizes, edges, and curves, leading to a better grip or otherwise, thus, be very careful and wise about it.
Two main types of materials for steak knives include carbon steel and stainless steel, which both have their distinct properties and performances. High carbon steel materials are quite common in older or more traditional steak knives and these are quite durable and easy to sharpen. Stainless steel, on the other hand, is the more modern counterpart, which enjoys the reputation for its ability to resist rust. This material is also durable for years of heavy-duty use while ensuring the rigidity of the construction of the tool.
The best steak knives are undoubtedly essential and long-term investment especially for steak lovers such as yourself but the task of choosing and investing on one could be a tricky and daunting business. It helps to do your pre-purchase research and comparison of the different steak knife sets and brands on the market so that you can make an informed decision after all. The right cutlery, particularly a steak knife, could give you a remarkable steak-cutting experience like no other, allowing you to enjoy your meal because you deserve it!