Who doesn’t love concealers? Every lady out there can’t live without these little makeup items. Okay, we might be exaggerating a little, but hey! No one would want to live with awfully looking blemishes, unsightly marks, and under-eye circles. Would you?
You see, a good under eye concealer that’s perfect for your skin can fake a good night’s sleep; it can give that illusion of flawless skin, not to mention still double as a foundation. You can use it to contour and highlight, apply it as a base for eye shadow, and of course, clean the edges after applying lipstick.
But even with all these goodies that concealers promise, you can’t just pick any that you come across. Different skin types (and days) call for a different kind of concealer. There are some days when all you need is a subtle under eye concealer with a nice, brightening finish; another time you want a heavier camouflage effect and so on. To help you make an informed decision, we have reviewed 10 cool concealers and included a few tips to help you through.
Top 10 Concealers of 2019 Reviewed
- Top 10 Concealers of 2019 Reviewed
- 1. L.A. Girl Pro Coneal Hd. High Definition Concealer
- 2. Cle De Peau Concealer, Beige, 0.17 Ounce
- 3. Maybelline Makeup Instant Age Rewind Concealer Dark Circle Eraser Concealer, Brightener
- 4. Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer Makeup
- 5. Physicians Formula Conceal RX Physicians Strength Concealer
- 6. L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD 972 Natural
- 7. MAKE UP FOR EVER Full Cover Concealer Sand 7 0.5 oz
- 8. The Sensual Skin Enhancer Concealer and Foundation
- 9. Urban_decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer
- 10. Revlon PhotoReady Concealer, Medium, 0.11 Oz
- Choosing the Best Concealers – The Ultimate Buying Guide
1. L.A. Girl Pro Coneal Hd. High Definition ConcealerBest Concealer for Covering Dark Circles
Let’s begin our list with a brand that every lady recognizes, a household name: L.A Girl! This brand has been making quality make up items, including foundations, giving every lady out there a chance to maximize their beauty. The L.A. Girl Pro Coneal Hd. High Definition Concealer is one good example of what the brand can achieve.
This concealer is designed to camouflage the appearance of any skin imperfections. It comes with a soft brush tip that allows you to apply it on your face easily. You can be sure it will cover all dark circles and blemishes, giving you the confidence you deserve.
- Camouflages skin imperfections
- Comes with a soft brush tip to allow for easy application
- Works well with other makeups
- The product doesn’t separate very well
- You may want to apply more for desired results
2. Cle De Peau Concealer, Beige, 0.17 OunceBest Non-Skid Hallway Runner
The Cle De Peau Concealer is one make up items you wouldn’t want to miss in your bag, and we will tell you why. Firstly, it features a very refined texture designed to lock in all the moisture, giving your skin a smooth finish. Secondly, the concealer glides on comfortably and smoothly, hiding dark spots and circles as well as imperfections.
The Cle De Peau Concealer comes in 0.17 ounces, which is more than enough to take you through a few weeks. You only need to use a small portion of it to get that even, flawless complexion you’ve been looking for.
- Comes in a refined texture
- Locks in moisture perfectly for a flawless skin
- Glides comfortably and smoothly
- May appear dry after a few minutes of application
- A bit expensive
- Doesn’t last very long
3. Maybelline Makeup Instant Age Rewind Concealer Dark Circle Eraser Concealer, BrightenerBest Concealer for Brightening the Skin
Just as the name suggests, this is an age rewind concealer as it works on your face, erasing dark circles to give you a smoother, flawless skin. The formula of the Maybelline Makeup Instant Age Rewind Concealer Dark Circle Eraser Concealer, Brightener is designed for medium to full coverage.
To deliver the desired results, this concealer works in three crucial steps. Firstly, it erases the appearance of dark under-eye circles and then corrects the look of redness on your skin. The final tough is shaping. The concealer allows you to shape, contour, and highlight using two shades to achieve a perfect balance.
- Erases the look of fine lines and dark circles instantly
- Gives the eye area a refreshed and radiant appearance
- Works great as an anti-aging treatment too
- Content is only 0.2 fl. Oz
- Can be difficult to get the contents out of the bottle
- May dry quicker than expected
4. Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer MakeupBest Concealer for Correcting Skin Redness
Here’s another Maybelline New York concealer that made it into our list. The concealer is a buildable formula designed for medium to full coverage. It’s great for erasing dark circles, shaping the face, and correcting imperfections. It creates a refreshed, radiant look, especially on the eye area.
The Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer is infused with Haloxyl and goji berry, two ingredients that work in synergy to ensure it diminishes that puffiness appearance on the face. For the best results, however, don’t apply it on a wet surface.
- Comes with a sponge applicator that makes application easy
- Ends puffiness on the face
- May be used as a highlighter
- Applicator may suck concealer if pressed hard
- Not recommended for dry skin
- Dries very fast
5. Physicians Formula Conceal RX Physicians Strength Concealer
This product, since 1937, was formulated made by a Physician Dr, Crandall whose wife had sensitive skin but needed a concealer that would not affect the skin. This concealer is hypoallergenic and safe for sensitive eyes and skin. It will smoothly cover blemishes, birthmarks, and age spots.
The formula glides on your skin to give you that semi-matte finish and maximum coverage. It offers a comfortable 12-hour wear without having to worry about blemishes. Additionally, the formulae are approved and recommended by dermatologists for use with the supersensitive skins.
- Approved and recommended for sensitive skins
- Concentrated formula guarantees maximum comfort and coverage
- Lasts up to 12 hours
- Dries quite fast, so you need to work fast
- May need regular hydrating for areas below the eyes
- 0.49 Ounce will not last long
6. L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD 972 NaturalBest Concealer with Lightweight Texture
When it comes to a lightweight texture, the L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD 972 Natural is your answer. With its advanced formula, the concealer will hide all the dark spots under the eyes, skin imperfections, and skin redness. It’s crease resistant and will give an opaque coverage for your face.
Designed to blend well with your skin, this product will allow you to customize the skin coverage. For those dark circles on your face, rest assured that they will not be an issue anymore. It comes with a soft brush to easily apply.
- Easy to apply
- Blends perfectly with eyebrows
- Very pocket-friendly
- Quite thick
- May appear flaky on some skin types
- A bit lighter than the description
7. MAKE UP FOR EVER Full Cover Concealer Sand 7 0.5 ozBest Concealer for Full Coverage
With its full matte finish, this concealer is about to change your skin forever just as the name suggests. It’s designed to last long on the face and will resist water. Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer Sand can be used on most skin types, including dry and oily skins.
Are you worried about the scars and tattoos on your face or skin? This concealer guarantees covering all blemishes and discolorations. With its highly concentrated pigments, stand assured that the skin tone will never be the same again.
- Designed with waterproof technology
- Perfect for all skin types
- Offers an effective and even imperfection cover up
- Quite pricey
- May dry on face scars
- Requires careful color selection based on skin type
8. The Sensual Skin Enhancer Concealer and FoundationBest Concealer and Foundation Combo
Kevyn Aucoin, a renowned make-up artist, and he invented The Sensual Skin Enhancer Concealer and Foundation to bring out the best of your skin. Enriched with honey, minerals, and jojoba oil, you are assured of excellent coverage and a hydrated long-lasting look. And when you sweat, this product ensures that your skin resists it and remains radiant.
It can be used to give define highlights and give your face contours. Additionally, you can use this concealer on all skin types. This versatile product can be applied with a brush, sponge or even with your fingers in addition to being used as a highlighter.
- Easy to apply
- Can be used as a concealer or highlighter
- Will last long on the face
- Quite thick to be used alone
- May need extra effort when applying below the eyes
9. Urban_decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer
Just as the name suggests, The Urban_decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer is designed with ultralight advanced formula. On your face, the concealer will give amazing and even coverage instantly. It will blend well and will not settle in any fine lines.
With some of the most advanced cruel free combinations, Urban decay incorporated ant-wrinkle particles and Litchiderm pigments that ensure your skin keeps hydrated. Additionally, you don’t have to worry for those delicate areas below the eyes as it will not have any effect on them.
- Designed to retain skin moisture and protect from dehydration
- Recommended for delicate skin and areas below the eyes
- Ultra light for instant coverage.’
- Requires careful color selection to match skin tone
- Not very pocket-friendly
- Smells quite odd
10. Revlon PhotoReady Concealer, Medium, 0.11 Oz
From its many years in the beauty industry, Revlon has designed this concealer to save you from skin imperfections and blemishes. The photochromatic pigment formulae will reflect light and give you a flawless and smooth look. Additionally, all the dark circles will be blurred and concealed seamlessly.
The concealer offers full coverage and will need no filter for those markings under the eyes and other imperfections. To apply, just touch the dark circles in the middle and blend it out with the ring finger in patting motion. The angular tip allows precise and accurate application.
- Perfectly camouflages under any light
- Angular tip allows precise application
- Quite cheap
- May settle in lines on mature skin
- It’s not waterproof
- will not last long
Choosing the Best Concealers – The Ultimate Buying Guide
A concealer is perfect for hiding those black spots and blemishes on the hair. It does a lot more to conceal your skin than foundation does. But when shopping, you don’t just pick any out there. The following are some of the factors to consider when choosing a facial concealer:
Since concealers come in different types, what you choose for your face depends on your personal preferences. Thus, you may choose a cream, stick, or liquid concealer. To have a better understanding of each of these concealer types, here is a detailed look at each one of them.
- Liquid. This is perhaps the most versatile type of concealer, given it provides coverage on which you can apply makeup. It is great for breakout-prone, sensitive, oily, combination, and normal skin types. The only type of skin on which a liquid concealer may not work is the very dry skin. Applying a liquid concealer is very easy to apply. You can use it to cover pimples and skin blemishes, given its ability to cake up without clogging pores. It may come with a matte, radiant shimmer, satin or dewy finish. The kind with a matte finish tends to last longer than the rest.
- Stick. Stick concealers have a semi-solid texture and are richly pigmented. Its texture is often thick and creamy. You can use it in the form of dots or swipe it in lines before blending it. When blending, it is advisable to use a concealer brush or clean finger. Spread it out into the surrounding skin until the dots or lines are no longer visible. Stick concealers are great for sensitive, dry, and normal skin. One of the major problems with stick concealers is that they contain ingredients that may clog your pores. That’s why it shouldn’t be used on oily skin.
- Cream. The third type of concealer comes in the form of a cream. It provides anything between medium and full coverage. You can find it in a compact, palette, and small pot form. This is perhaps the best concealer for use on skin discolorations. The best spot to apply it is under the eyes. It is great for sensitive, combination, and normal skin. To apply a cream concealer, you may use a brush, sponge, or clean finger. Because it has more slip, it may crease into wrinkles and fine lines. That’s why you should press down a creamy concealer with powder.
The shade of Your Skin
When choosing an under eye concealer, you should bear in mind your skin type and concern. Thus, different skin types and concerns require different textures and colors. You will match your face better if you go for a concealer with a shade that lighter but closer to your foundation. Concealer colors are described using terms such as “beige,” “warm,” “cool,” and “neutral.”
Before you settle for a concealer, test it on the vein of your wrist. If it can hide your skin, then it is the best concealer for space under the eyes. Use the color theory when choosing a concealer. If you look at the color wheel, the colors that lie across each other are essentially opposites. They are known to conceal each other. As such, you can pair up green with red, orange with blue, and yellow with purple.
Ease of Application
Before you settle on a particular concealer, you ought to be sure how you are going to apply it. Regardless of the type of concealer you choose, it should be applied immediately after the foundation. If you chose a stick concealer, you will have to apply it either using a concealer brush or small finger. That should be followed by the feathering of the edges of the concealer into the skin around it.
If you choose a cream concealer, then you will apply it using a concealer brush, clean finger or sponge. Depending on how creamy the concealer is, you will have to finish off the application process using a powder. A liquid concealer, on the other hand, is applied using a brush, finger, or sponge. You have to be careful with it, lest it leaves you messy.
Concealers are truly the backbone of any makeup bag. They act as magic erasers for your face. They clear those ugly under-eye circles, blemishes and anything else that may be making your face look unsightly. Choose your perfect option from our list and enhance your beauty.