Whether it’s groceries, files, beach stuff, picnic essentials, or your child/pet, transporting your load from point A to point B takes a lot of work. Making multiple trips from your car to the kitchen/beach spot/picnic table is also plain annoying. If only you could carry it all in one go… actually, you could. If you had a wagon. Now, we’re not talking about that cute little red wagon that you played with when you were a kid, although it would do in a pinch.
We’re talking about the foldable kind that was designed specifically for hauling stuff around and can be tucked away in the trunk of your car or the back of your closet until the next time you need it. Now, you might think that one foldable wagon is just as good as the next one. Well, you’d be wrong. Because not all folding wagons are created equal. Certain factors need to be taken into consideration including maneuverability, maximum capacity, and color. So, which one is best for you? We’ve tested several we found online and compiled a list of the best in the market for you to choose from.
Top 10 Folding Wagons Reviewed in 2018
- Top 10 Folding Wagons Reviewed in 2018
- 1. Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon
- 2. Radio Flyer 3-in-1 EZ Fold Wagon Ride On
- 3. Mac Sports Heavy Duty Folding All Terrain Utility Beach Wagon Cart
- 4. WonderFold Outdoor High-End Utility Folding Wagon with Canopy
- 5. TimberRidge Folding Camping Wagon/Cart
- 6. Seina Collapsible Folding Utility Wagon
- 7. YSC Wagon Garden Folding Utility Shopping Cart
- 8. Creative Outdoor Distributors Original Folding Garden Wagon
- 9. Sandusky Lee Heavy Duty Folding Wagon
- 10. Quest Folding Utility Sports Wagon
- How to Choose the Right Wagon for You
1. Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon
This isn’t Amazon’s #1 best seller in garden carts for no reason. The wagon has a heavy duty frame and durable 600 Denier fabric that will enable you to easily carry 150 pounds of stuff from point A to point B without breaking a sweat. The adjustable handle makes maneuvering the wagon easy. There are even 2 mesh cup holders in case you need to keep your beverages separate from all your other stuff.
- lots of room (35.5″ x 20″ x 22.5″)
- folds easily and very compact for storage
- no assembly required
- can’t remove fabric
- can be punctured by sharp objects
- doesn’t store standing up because the wheels move
2. Radio Flyer 3-in-1 EZ Fold Wagon Ride OnFolding Wagon For Toddlers
Radio Flyer is the brand responsible for the classic little red wagon that we know from our childhood. And they’ve come up with something even better. This 3-in-1 EZ Fold Wagon is designed to haul your kids or your stuff around. You can also use it as a bench seat. It comes with a thick padded seat and high seat backs to provide your kids with a comfortable ride. It’s made of DuraClean fabric that can be wiped clean. You also get 2 cup holders in the front.
- trusted brand
- easy one-hand folding system
- no seatbelts for kid safety
- difficult to make tight turns, could tip over
3. Mac Sports Heavy Duty Folding All Terrain Utility Beach Wagon CartFolding Wagon For the Beach
This is the bigger, badder brother of the Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon. It offers a lot of space, folds up nicely and compactly (9.7 inches thick), can carry 150 pounds of stuff, and has an adjustable handle for easy pulling. It also has 2 mesh cup holders for keeping your drinks secure. But what makes it really stand out is the wheels. They are huge, placed close together, and directly connected to the handle. These features mean that you will be able to traverse various terrains with ease including sand and easily steer the wagon through sharp turns.
- Easy maneuverability
- Can handle different types of terrain including sand
- The handle locks into the main frame of the wagon for easy access
- big wheels take up more space than other wagon wheels when folded
- may tip over when your things are not packed right (balanced weight)
4. WonderFold Outdoor High-End Utility Folding Wagon with CanopyFolding Wagon with Canopy
The WonderFold Outdoor Utility Folding Wagon with Canopy is in a class of its own. Aside from having a canopy (obviously), the wagon has a 180° steering telescoping swivel handle, an auto safety locking system, a spring bounce design for the handle, one pedal foot brakes, wide tires for all terrain travel, and a removable 600D polyester fabric with padded bottom. And there’s even an extra basket attached to the rear of this folding wagon for more storage space! Parents can opt to buy wagon seats for their kids which comes with seatbelts. Some users have called this the cadillac of wagons.
- all-terrain wheels
- seatbelts are no longer built-in
- doesn’t seem as durable as our other top picks
5. TimberRidge Folding Camping Wagon/Cart
If you want help transporting your things to the beach, your yard, your kitchen, the park, wherever, the Timber Ridge wagon is a must-have. The wagon can carry up to 150 pounds in weight with thick tires that allow for traversing across most terrains. The adjustable handle allows people of varying heights to use the wagon. The wagon also comes with a travel case (with handle).
- lots of room
- extremely durable
- folds easily and very compact
- handle is too short for tall people
- not as easy to pull when traversing loose sand
- hard to maneuver around tight corners
6. Seina Collapsible Folding Utility Wagon
The Seina wagon is definitely one of the less costly options in the market but that doesn’t detract from its quality. It is one of the lightest wagons on our list. But, like the price, that doesn’t mean that it won’t be able to carry all your stuff from point A to point B. It can handle 150 pounds of equipment easily. The one-hand folding system makes it easy to store.
- no assembly required
- easy steering
- lightweight (only 13.5 lbs)
- wagon can’t stand alone without falling
- smaller dimensions than other wagons
- doesn’t work well on sand
7. YSC Wagon Garden Folding Utility Shopping Cart
The YSC Wagon weighs just a little over 10 pounds which makes it the lightest foldable wagon on our list. But don’t let that fool you. You can easily haul 150 pounds of stuff from your car to the park, kitchen, or around the mall as long as you’re pulling it on a smooth surface. It’s compact and made of durable fabric that’s easy to clean.
- extremely lightweight
- easy to open and fold
- no assembly required
- smaller space compared to most wagons
- not for sand; some users have had a hard time pulling the wagon on grass
- short handle
8. Creative Outdoor Distributors Original Folding Garden Wagon
Much like many of our top picks this wagon from Creative Outdoor Distributors has a one-hand folding system, all-terrain wheels, with a sturdy frame wrapped in 600 denier fabric. What makes it different is the additional pockets and loops around the wagon that provide extra storage. There are loopholes for storing fishing rods or tennis rackets; pockets for holding tools or other stuff; drink holders; and pockets for storing keys, phones, other small items.
- so many storage options for tools, keys, etc.
- handle is long
- folds easily
- difficulty traveling on sand when loaded down
- fabric cannot be completely removed for washing
- difficult to steer
9. Sandusky Lee Heavy Duty Folding WagonHeavy Duty Folding Wagon
The Sandusky Lee wagon’s design definitely catches the eye. While most are red, black, and blue, this one has an orange iron tube frame with a black and white striped fabric. Aside from it’s unique colors, the wagon is one of the few that can transport more than 150 pounds of items. The front tires swivel for better maneuverability. The large non-slip handle is adjustable and there is a built-in pocket that provide extra storage. There’s also foam protection inside the durable fabric that makes it comfortable for your kids to sit in.
- the handle is adjustable
- built-in pocket for extra storage
- can haul up to 200 pounds of stuff
- some users have reported that the tires and fabric emit a strong odor out of the box
- not for the beach
- needs assembly out of the box
Also available on Walmart.com.
10. Quest Folding Utility Sports Wagon
Quest’s folding wagon is quite similar to many of our picks. It is made of durable 600 denier polyester fabric and a steel frame, able to carry 150 pounds of things from point A to point B, and has 2 mesh cup holders to keep your beverages separate. The wagon can be folded up and stored inside its own carrying case.
- no assembly required
- easy storage when not in use
- handle locks in an upright position
- hard to steer
- needs a longer handle
- slightly more expensive than other wagons that have similar features
How to Choose the Right Wagon for You
Having to lug around lots of stuff from one place to another can be tiring, not to mention extremely annoying. Being able to haul everything you need from your car to somewhere else all in one go is a luxury… or is it? Because with a folding wagon, you can definitely take loads of stuff from point A to point B without breaking a sweat. You just need to make sure that you’ve got the right wagon because there is such a thing as the wrong folding wagon. And we’re here to make sure you don’t make that mistake.
What are you going to use the wagon for?
Before you look at all the available folding wagons in the market today, you need to first think about what you’re going to be hauling in it. If you want to use the wagon to bring stuff from your car to a spot on the beach, then you need to find a wagon with wheels that can handle that kind of terrain such as the Mac Sports Heavy Duty Collapsible Folding All Terrain Utility Beach Wagon Cart. On the other hand, if you’re planning on pulling the wagon with your kids inside, then you might consider one with seatbelts or, at the very least, comfortable padding. The Radio Flyer 3-in-1 EZ Fold Wagon Ride On and the WonderFold Outdoor High-End New 4th Generation Utility Folding Wagon with Canopy are both specifically designed to be able to carry kids. The Creative Outdoor Distributors Original Folding Garden Wagon is perfect for carrying loads of gardening tools like shovels, rakes, spades because it has loopholes and extra pockets specifically designed for carrying those stuff.
How heavy will your load be?
Most of our picks have a maximum capacity of 150 pounds which is already quite heavy. But some people would prefer to have a wagon able to carry even more such as the Sandusky Lee FCW5424 Heavy Duty Folding Wagon. It even comes with comfortable padding for hauling your kids around, big and small.
How easy is it to steer?
Yes, this is a biggie. No matter how much the wagon can help you carry so many things at once, that won’t matter a dime if you find it so frustrating to maneuver around. You need to check how good the steering is for the wagon; how easy is it to direct and how well does the wagon perform when making sharp turns? You might also check to see if you’ll be able to push the wagon. Sometimes, you’ll be carrying precious cargo (such as your kids) that you’d rather be able to see right in front of you rather than making yourself tired looking back just to make sure they’re still there.
How long is the handle?
This is an important feature if individuals of varying heights will be making use of the wagon. Some wagons such as the Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon, Mac Sports Heavy Duty Collapsible Folding All Terrain Utility Beach Wagon Cart, and the TimberRidge Folding Camping Wagon/Cart have adjustable handles which ensure even tall people can pull the wagon without having to stoop.
What other features should you look at?
It all depends on what you prefer and what you need. Some wagons come with a canopy (WonderFold Outdoor High-End New 4th Generation Utility Folding Wagon with Canopy) which ensures that your stuff or your kids remain in the shade or out of the rain. Some wagons come with seatbelts that are perfect for hauling small children around. Certain wagons are built with extra storage options like the Creative Outdoor Distributors Original Folding Garden Wagon. Some wagons like the Seina Collapsible Folding Utility Wagon and the YSC Wagon are extremely lightweight (under 15 pounds) and offer a smaller space which makes it perfect for those who aren’t planning on lugging around a lot of stuff.
When it comes to choosing your folding wagon, it all boils down to one thing – how you are planning to use it. Once you’ve determined that, you’ll be able to easily find the features that suit your preferences and needs. One thing you’ll be sure of is this: you’ll never have problems carrying all your stuff from point A to point B and even to point Z ever again.