Whether it’s groceries, files, beach stuff, picnic essentials, transporting your load from one point to another can be a real nightmare…..well, unless you got all that muscle! Making multiple trips from your car to the kitchen/beach spot/picnic table is also plain annoying. If only you could carry it all in one go. Well, the good news is that with a wagon all this is possible.
We’re not talking about that cute little red wagon that you played with when you were a kid, although it would do in a pinch. We are also not talking about your garden wheelbarrow that is very useful at home. We’re talking about the foldable kind that was designed specifically for hauling stuff around and can be tucked away in the trunk of your car or the back of your closet until the next time you need it.
Now, you might think that one foldable wagon is just as good as the next one. Well, you’d be wrong. Because not all folding wagons are created equal. Certain factors need to be taken into consideration including maneuverability, maximum capacity, and color. So, which one is best for you? We’ve compiled a list of the best folding wagons to make your work easier.
Top 10 Folding Wagons Of 2020 Reviewed
- Top 10 Folding Wagons Of 2020 Reviewed
- 1. Radio Flyer 3-in-1 EZ Fold Wagon Ride On
- 2. Sekey folding wagon cart collapsible outdoor utility wagon
- 3. Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon
- 4. Mac Sports Heavy Duty Folding All Terrain Utility Beach Wagon Cart
- 5. TimberRidge Folding Camping Wagon/Cart
- 6. PORTAL Collapsible Folding Utility Wagon
- 7. YSC Wagon Garden Folding Utility Shopping Cart
- 8. Creative Outdoor Distributors 900268-Paisley/Yellow All-Terrain Folding Wagon
- 9. Sandusky Lee Heavy Duty Folding Wagon
- 10. Sinking SnkShops, Folding Wagon, Collapsible Cart
- Choosing The Best Folding Wagons – The ultimate Buying Guide
1. Radio Flyer 3-in-1 EZ Fold Wagon Ride OnFolding Wagon For Toddlers
Radio Flyer is the brand responsible for the classic little red wagon that we know from our childhood. And they’ve come up with something even better. This 3-in-1 EZ Fold Wagon is designed to haul your kids or your stuff around. You can also use it as a bench seat.
It comes with a thick padded seat and high seat backs to provide your kids with a comfortable ride. It’s made of DuraClean fabric that can be wiped clean. You also get 2 cup holders in the front.
- Trusted brand
- Easy one-hand folding system
- No seatbelts for kid safety
- Difficult to make tight turns, could tip over
2. Sekey folding wagon cart collapsible outdoor utility wagonBest Collapsible Outdoor Utility Wagon
From its heavy-duty steel frame to its incredibly large PU rubber wheels, the Sekey folding wagon cart looks almost like something they send to the surface of the moon. Safe to say, this wagon was made to handle rough conditions, and seamlessly glide through muddier areas. The Sekey does not need any assembly. It boasts of its distinguishable collapsible design, which allows you to set up in a matter of seconds. And that’s not all. After use, it will easily fold to only 7’’ thick. That’s compact enough to comfortably fit in any trunk.
Featuring its spacious load box, measuring approximately 35’’*21*40’’, spacey is like a fully-fledged trolley. So whether you are out camping, shopping or going for family outings, you can rest assured that this baby will handle all your stuff in one go.
The Sekey also has an adjustable handle, with specially designed 360 rotatable tires for smooth movement. It also has 2 mesh cup holders to hold your beverages as you cruise, and as a show of confidence, the unit comes with a 2-year warranty. Only thing is you might have to cough up a few more chums for this one. It is slightly more expensive than its counterparts, although totally worth it.
- 2-year warranty
- Sturdy build
- Large 360-degree rotating wheels
- Relatively pricey
- Users complain it tends to get stuck with the sand
- Some say it’s kind of heavy in general
3. Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Utility WagonHeavy Duty Folding Wagon
This isn’t Amazon’s #1 best seller in garden carts for no reason. The wagon has a heavy-duty frame and durable 600 Denier fabric that will enable you to easily carry 150 pounds of stuff from point A to point B without breaking a sweat.
The adjustable handle makes maneuvering the wagon easy. There are even 2 mesh cup holders in case you need to keep your beverages separate from all your other stuff.
- Lots of room (35.5″ x 20″ x 22.5″)
- Folds easily and very compact for storage
- No assembly required
- Can’t remove the fabric
- Can be punctured by sharp objects
- Doesn’t store standing up because the wheels move
4. Mac Sports Heavy Duty Folding All Terrain Utility Beach Wagon CartFolding Wagon For the Beach
This is the bigger, badder brother of the Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon. It offers a lot of space, folds up nicely and compactly (9.7 inches thick), can carry 150 pounds of stuff, and has an adjustable handle for easy pulling. It also has 2 mesh cup holders for keeping your drinks secure. But what makes it really stand out is the wheels.
They are huge, placed close together, and directly connected to the handle. These features mean that you will be able to traverse various terrains with ease including sand and easily steer the wagon through sharp turns.
- Easy maneuverability
- Can handle different types of terrain including sand
- The handle locks into the mainframe of the wagon for easy access
- Big wheels take up more space than other wagon wheels when folded
- May tip over when your things are not packed right (balanced weight)
5. TimberRidge Folding Camping Wagon/CartFolding Wagon For the Beach
If you want help transporting your things to the beach, your yard, your kitchen, the park, wherever, the Timber Ridge wagon is a must-have. The wagon can carry up to 150 pounds in weight with thick tires that allow for traversing across most terrains.
The adjustable handle allows people of varying heights to use the wagon. The wagon also comes with a travel case (with handle).
- Lots of room
- Extremely durable
- Folds easily and very compact
- The handle is too short for tall people
- Not as easy to pull when traversing loose sand
- Hard to maneuver around tight corners
6. PORTAL Collapsible Folding Utility WagonBest Compact Outdoor Wagon
This Portal collapsible folding wagon is arguably one of the less costly options on our list, but let that not distract you from its quality. It’s hard not to appreciate the looks on this wagon. First of all, the blend of colors is just amazing. It features a durable, high-density polyester fabric that makes this wagon able to anything you throw at it. The material used is also easy to clean and maintain.
The Portal comes fully assembled, only needing you to push its bottom to set it up. It will fold compactly and easily fit in your closet for easy storage. The unit features oversized 7-inch wheels which help it transverse through a variety of terrain with a handle for easy towing. With its strong steel construction, the portal easily holds up to 225 pounds. It also comes with a 1-year warranty to keep your conscience at peace as you use it. That said, it is evident how the Portal deserves a sport as one of the most compact outdoor wagons out there.
- Strong steel frame construction
- High-quality polyester fabric material
- Easy to fold; more compact than most
- Cart steering tends to wiggle when fully loaded
- The handle is a bit short for taller people
- Smaller dimensions than other bigger wagons
7. YSC Wagon Garden Folding Utility Shopping CartHeavy Duty Folding Wagon
The YSC Wagon weighs just a little over 10 pounds which makes it the lightest foldable wagon on our list. But don’t let that fool you.
You can easily haul 150 pounds of stuff from your car to the park, kitchen, or around the mall as long as you’re pulling it on a smooth surface. It’s compact and made of durable fabric that’s easy to clean.
- Extremely lightweight
- Easy to open and fold
- No assembly required
- Smaller space compared to most wagons
- Not for sand; some users have had a hard time pulling the wagon on grass
- Short handle
8. Creative Outdoor Distributors 900268-Paisley/Yellow All-Terrain Folding WagonBll-Terrain Folding Wagon
What’s most outstanding about this next unit is its unique choice of color patterns, the creative outdoor folding wagon is cute enough to brighten anyone’s gloomy day. Much like many of our top picks, the unit features a one-hand folding system, all-terrain wheels, with a sturdy frame wrapped in this creatively patterned fabric.
The folding wagon also features additional pockets and loops around the wagons that provide extra storage. There are loopholes for storing fishing rods or tennis rackets; pockets for holding tools or other stuff; drink holders; and pockets for storing keys, phones, and other small items. The unit is, however, a bit smaller than most, only holding a capacity of 120lbs, this, in turn, makes it more compact and thus suitable for the less demanding travels.
- Nicely compact for light packaging
- Nice color pattern options
- Easy to fold and unfold
- Smaller than most
- Tends to get stuck in the sand
- Handle only suitable for pulling; not pushing
9. Sandusky Lee Heavy Duty Folding WagonHeavy Duty Folding Wagon
The Sandusky Lee wagon’s design definitely catches the eye. While most are red, black, and blue, this one has an orange iron tube frame with a black and white striped fabric. Aside from its unique colors, the wagon is one of the few that can transport more than 150 pounds of items.
The front tires swivel for better maneuverability. The large non-slip handle is adjustable and there is a built-in pocket that provides extra storage. There’s also foam protection inside the durable fabric that makes it comfortable for your kids to sit in.
- The handle is adjustable
- Built-in pocket for extra storage
- Can haul up to 200 pounds of stuff
- Some users have reported that the tires and fabric emit a strong odor out of the box
- Not for the beach
- Needs assembly out of the box
Also available on Walmart.com.
10. Sinking SnkShops, Folding Wagon, Collapsible CartBest Heavy Duty Portable Wagon
The outdoor capabilities of the sinking SnkShops folding wagons can be compared to that of a wheel-barrow. Featuring an interior capacity of 35.5’’*21’’*11’’, the unit gives you one of the best value for your money. With zero assembly requirements, the utility wagon will fold in seconds. It is built using 600 Denier fabric, which is renowned for durability; the material is also waterproof and easy to clean and maintain.
The wagon comes with an adjustable handle for easier movement, with 2 mesh cup holders for added convenience. The folding wagon’s cart is made of a strong iron and steel frame, which is heavy enough to carry up to 150 pounds of your valuables with ease. It features its unique internal pull rope design, meaning it will fold and expand in only a few seconds. It is foldable to a thickness of 8” and will therefore easily fit in any trunk, closet or garage.
- Easy storage when not in use
- Internal pull rope design for folding and expansion
- Relatively cheap for its size
- Hard to steer
- Could use a longer handle
- You’ll need a screwdriver to put the wheels in place at first
Choosing The Best Folding Wagons – The ultimate Buying Guide
Having to lug around lots of stuff from one place to another can be tiring, not to mention extremely risky to your back and annoying. Being able to haul everything you need from your car to somewhere else all in one go is a luxury… or is it? Because with a folding wagon, you can definitely take loads of stuff from point A to point B without breaking a sweat.
You just need to make sure that you’ve got the right wagon because there is such a thing as the wrong folding wagon. And we’re here to make sure you don’t make that mistake.
What are You Going to Use the Wagon for?
Before you look at all the available folding wagons in the market today, you need to first think about what you’re going to be hauling in it. If you want to use the wagon to bring stuff from your car to a spot on the beach, then you need to find a wagon with wheels that can handle that kind of terrain such as the Mac Sports Heavy Duty Collapsible Folding All Terrain Utility Beach Wagon Cart.
On the other hand, if you’re planning on pulling the wagon with your kids inside, then you might consider one with seatbelts or, at the very least, comfortable padding. The Radio Flyer 3-in-1 EZ Fold Wagon Ride On is specifically designed to be able to carry kids. There are also other perfect options for carrying loads of gardening tools like shovels, rakes, spades because it has loopholes and extra pockets specifically designed for carrying those stuff.
How Heavy Will Your Load be?
Most of our picks have a maximum capacity of 150 pounds which is already quite heavy. But some people would prefer to have a wagon able to carry even more such as the Sandusky Lee FCW5424 Heavy Duty Folding Wagon. It even comes with comfortable padding for hauling your kids around, big and small.
How easy is it to Steer?
Yes, this is a biggie. No matter how much the wagon can help you carry so many things at once, that won’t matter a dime if you find it so frustrating to maneuver around. You need to check how good the steering is for the wagon; how easy is it to direct and how well does the wagon perform when making sharp turns? You might also check to see if you’ll be able to push the wagon.
Sometimes, you’ll be carrying precious cargo (such as your kids) that you’d rather be able to see right in front of you rather than making yourself tired looking back just to make sure they’re still there.
How Long is the Handle?
This is an important feature if individuals of varying heights will be making use of the wagon. Some wagons such as the Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon, Mac Sports Heavy Duty Collapsible Folding All Terrain Utility Beach Wagon Cart, and the TimberRidge Folding Camping Wagon/Cart have adjustable handles which ensure even tall people can pull the wagon without having to stoop.
What Other Features Should You Look at?
It all depends on what you prefer and what you need. Some wagons come with a canopy (WonderFold Outdoor High-End New 4th Generation Utility Folding Wagon with Canopy) which ensures that your staff or your kids remain in the shade or out of the rain. Some wagons come with seatbelts that are perfect for hauling small children around.
Some wagons like the YSC Wagon are extremely lightweight (under 15 pounds) and offer a smaller space which makes it perfect for those who aren’t planning on lugging around a lot of stuff.
When it comes to choosing your folding wagon, it all boils down to one thing – how you are planning to use it. Once you’ve determined that, you’ll be able to easily find the features that suit your preferences and needs. One thing you’ll be sure of is this: you’ll never have problems carrying all your stuff from point A to point B and even to point Z ever again.