Thinning hair and hair loss isn’t just a problem that older men face. Anyone that has poor nutrition and vitamin deficiencies can experience hair loss. Even an imbalance in a person’s hormone levels can prevent you from getting long, luxurious locks. Based on data gathered by the American Hair Loss Association (AHLA), around 66% of American males experience hair loss by the age of 35. And around 40% of Americans that suffer hair loss are women.
Fortunately, you shouldn’t have a problem fixing these deficiencies in your body. You can correct it easily by eating vitamin-rich foods. And you can start taking hair growth supplements to nourish your hair from the inside out. This means that you not only get longer hair, you also get stronger and thicker locks. So, which hair growth vitamin supplement should you take? There are definitely plenty to choose from. This is why we’ve made it our business to find the ones that work best. Check out our top 10 picks below.
Top Hair Growth Vitamins Reviewed in 2018
- Top Hair Growth Vitamins Reviewed in 2018
- 1. Viviscal Extra Strength Hair Nutrient Tablets
- 2. HairAnew (Unique Hair Growth Vitamins with Biotin)
- 3. Natrol Biotin Maximum Strength Tablets
- 4. Brock Beauty Hairfinity Healthy Hair Vitamins
- 5. Ultrax Labs Hair Rush
- 6. DasGro Hair Growth Vitamins
- 7. Hairfluence All Natural Hair Growth Formula
- 8. SugarBearHair Vitamins
- 9. PHYTO PHYTOPHANÈRE Hair and Nails Dietary Supplement
- 10. Manetabolism Plus Healthy Hair Growth Vitamins
- How to Choose the Best Hair Growth Vitamins for your Hair
1. Viviscal Extra Strength Hair Nutrient TabletsHair Vitamins For Faster Hair Growth
Viviscal Extra Strength Hair Nutrient Tablets contain a unique formula – a mixture of iron, zinc, vitamin C, biotin, calcium, and Aminomar. Aminomar is the proprietary marine content of the manufacturer that contains a mixture of shark and mollusk powder with other nutrients that promote hair growth.
- Effective at growing hair and lessening hair loss
- Can also make hair shiny and manageable
- Easy on the stomach
- Contains animal products so not for vegans and vegetarians
- Some consumers have found that the pills are a bit harder to swallow
2. HairAnew (Unique Hair Growth Vitamins with Biotin)
HairAnew makes use of biotin, a water soluble B-complex vitamin that helps promote hair growth. Aside from 5,000mcg of biotin, HairAnew also contains other vitamins, amino acids, and herbs to address the deficiencies in the body that could be the root cause of hair loss. These ingredients include vitamin C, Niacin, Kelp, Ginkgo Biloba, vitamin E, vitamin B-6, and Pantothenic Acid.
- vegan and gluten-free
- never tested on animals
- also promotes healthier hair
- some consumers have experienced side effects such as cystic acne, headaches, and nausea
- doesn’t work for everyone
- expensive compared to other similar hair growth vitamins
3. Natrol Biotin Maximum Strength Tablets
Natrol Biotin, as the name already states, contains biotin which is a water-soluble B-complex vitamin that is essential to cell growth. It helps produce amino acids. As you all know, amino acids are the building blocks of protein. And your hair is made of keratin which is a protein. In short, the biotin in this supplement will help your hair grow.
- grows new hair
- thicker hair strands
- reduction in hair loss
- grows hair everywhere
- some buyers have experienced cystic acne breakouts
- some buyers have experienced constipation
Also check price on WalMart
4. Brock Beauty Hairfinity Healthy Hair Vitamins
Hairfinity also offers a unique formula that contains biotin and their exclusive Capilsana Complex which contains Hydrolyzed Collagen for strengthening the building blocks of hair, sulfur-containing MSM for vitality, and hair boosting Horsetail with silica.
- Free shipping for orders worth over $100
- Company offers free customized hair care regimen after you fill out their questionnaire.
- 100% drug-free
- Hair loss occurs at first (temporary)
- Biotin causes acne breakouts for some
- Digestive issues
5. Ultrax Labs Hair Rush
Unlike its competitors, Ultrax Labs’ Hair Rush is based on solubilized Keratin with more than powerful vitamins, minerals and herbs such as Nettle Leaf powder for shiny and healthy hair and Gotu Kola powder to prevent hair loss.
- 100% drug-free
- No side effect
- Effective for men and women
- Has additives, artificial ingredients, and preservatives
- No money back guarantee
6. DasGro Hair Growth Vitamins
DasGro Hair Formula contains 24 natural ingredients such as Ginkgo Biloba, Saw Palmetto, and Pygeum Africanum for inhibiting the production of DHT which is a major cause of hair loss; Grape Seed, Green Tea, and Vitamins A, C, D, E for increasing blood circulation to the scalp; and biotin, pantothenic acid, folic acid, niacinamide, B1, B2, and B6 for promoting hair growth.
- 100% drug-free and gluten-free
- a full 90 day money back guarantee
- Made in the USA and FDA-approved
- takes awhile to see results
- can cause urine to change its color because of the vitamins
- Not for people with soy allergies
7. Hairfluence All Natural Hair Growth Formula
Hairfluence contains biotin, collagen, bamboo extract, keratin, methylsulfonylmethane, keratin, vitamin C, folate, vitamin B12, vitamin A, vitamin D3, and Thiamin. All of these are natural ingredients and the formula used by the company is actually listed on the label of the bottle!
- really affordable compared to competitors
- all-natural ingredients listed on the label
- a full money back guarantee (within 60 days)
- side effects include migraine headaches, weight gain, upset stomach, and acne issues
- doesn’t work for everyone
- some consumers found the capsules big and hard to swallow
Also check price on Walmart.
8. SugarBearHair Vitamins
Having difficulty swallowing pills? These hair vitamins from SugarBearHair are cruelty-free gummy bear vitamins, designed specifically for people like you! It contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin B-6, Folic Acid, Vitamin B-12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Iodine, Zinc, Choline, and Inositol. It also contains natural flavourings, glucose syrup, sugar, water, etc. Just like with all of our picks, SugarBearHair doesn’t work for everyone.
- easy to eat vitamins
- tastes great
- makes your hair and nails stronger
- contains sugar
- has a weird aftertaste
- can cause breakouts
9. PHYTO PHYTOPHANÈRE Hair and Nails Dietary SupplementHair Growth Vitamins for Curly Hair
Unlike other hair growth vitamins, Phyto Phytophanere uses essential oils instead of herbs to provide the necessary vitamins and nutrients for healthy, growing hair. The ingredients are Gelatin, Carrot Oil In Sunflower Oil With Rosmary Extract, Acerola Extract Enriched with Vitamin C, Glycerin, Borage Seed Oil at 20% GLA, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Fish Oil, Rice Bran Oil, L-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Yeast, Wheat Germ Oil, Calcium Pantothenate, Soybean Lecithin (Gluten), Orizanol, Pyridoxine Chlorhydrate, Riboflavine, and Biotin.
- easy to swallow
- no major side effects
- hair loss reduction
- some people have experienced oily skin/breakouts
- testing was done in-house and only on 20 volunteers
10. Manetabolism Plus Healthy Hair Growth VitaminsHair Growth Vitamins for Black Hair
The Mane Choice Manetabolism Plus Hair Growth Vitamins has a proprietary blend that contains MSM, Shark Cartilage, Brown Seaweed, Horsetail, Inositol, DHA, Grape Seeds Extract, Ginkgo Biloba, L-Lysine, L-Alanine, L-Arginine HCl, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Cysteine HCl, L-Gluatamic Acid, L-Glycine, L-Histidine HCl, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, Taurine, L-Threonine, L-Tyrosine, and L-Valine.
- really lessens hair loss
- increased energy
- contains essential antioxidants that also help boost the immune system
- gelatin coating; not for vegans
- some consumers experience breakouts
- large pills
Other hair growth vitamins that we haven’t had time to review yet include NeoCell Biotin, Hair Essentials, Newopure, Nature’s Wellness Great Hair Formula, and Hairgenics Pronexa Hair Growth Supplement.
How to Choose the Best Hair Growth Vitamins for your Hair
Hair loss is a depressing thing to deal with. And anyone can experience it. There are several reasons why hair loss occurs – nutritional deficiencies, emotional stresses, physiologic stresses, and endocrine imbalances are just a few. Fortunately, we don’t have to learn how to live with thinning hair or baldness for the rest of our natural lives. Hair growth vitamins are widely available today, both online and in store. All you have to do is find the one that works for you. But it’s a lot easier said than done. Before you run out and pick the first one you encounter with rave reviews, we’ve got a few tips that can help you make the right choice.
Choose your hair growth vitamins
Now, let’s get down to the most important part of choosing your hair growth vitamins. And that is knowing which vitamins, minerals, and proteins aid hair growth. These are vitamin A, vitamin B12, vitamin H (a.k.a. Biotin or vitamin B71), vitamin C, vitamin E, Folic Acid, Niacin (vitamin B3), Iron, Zinc, Magnesium, Calcium, Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D, L-Methionine, L-Cystein, L-Lysine, Pantothenic Acid (B5), Thiamin (vitamin B1), riboflavin (Vitamin B2), and Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs).
Check the labels
Since you now know what your hair needs to be long and luxurious, our next tip is this: check the labels. It’s important that you do your research. Find out what ingredients are used by each company to create their supplement. For example, Hairfluence All Natural Hair Growth Formula states down to the minutest detail what the ingredients are and how much can be found in each pill. Checking the label will also inform you if you may experience an allergic reaction to the pill. Some hair growth vitamins on our list are actually gluten-free: HairAnew (Unique Hair Growth Vitamins with Biotin) and DasGro Hair Growth Vitamins.
Ask your doctor to help you
Once you’ve checked the ingredients and narrowed down your potential picks, your next stop should be your doctor. Nutritional deficiencies for iron, magnesium, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin B12, and vitamin D are incredibly common. But that doesn’t immediately mean that you are. Take the time to ask your doctor for information. No one knows your body better (except for you). He or she can help you find out if you have nutrient deficiencies and give you information regarding how a particular supplement can affect your health. Your doctor might even be able to recommend you the right supplement.
Check out the reviews
The next step is to check reviews. Yes, some products have fake reviews nowadays but it still pays to find out what other consumers are saying. Some consumers experience no results and/or side effects such as breakouts, upset stomach, initial hair loss, headaches, etc. It’s important that you are completely prepared on what to expect when using a product so you don’t get your hopes up or get badly surprised.
You should compare the prices
Price is another issue that many of us have to consider. Some hair growth supplements are expensive but that doesn’t mean that they would be better than those that are more in line with your budget.
A money back guarantee
It is one way for a company to assure buyers on how good their product is and how willing they are to stand behind what they’re selling. Only two of our picks offer such a thing – DasGro Hair Growth Vitamins and Hairfluence All Natural Hair Growth Formula.
Set your expectations right
Another thing you should consider. Don’t think that results will show up after a few weeks of pill-popping. It might take a month or two before visible results appear. And not one of these hair growth vitamins is an all-cure. They will work for some but definitely not all.
Last but definitely not the least important, you need to make sure that you are also doing your part in making sure that the trigger of your hair loss isn’t canceling out any progress made by your supplement. If you are experiencing emotional stresses, take the time to see how you can alleviate them while drinking the supplement. Also, experts have found that a healthy diet can do wonders for your hair. This means that while supplements can help you out, it’ll be your diet that’ll save the day.