Did you know that karaoke means ‘empty orchestra’? Whether you are singing to background music in the club or hosting a karaoke night in your home, this form of entertainment is one of the best ways to keep people happy and exercise those vocal cords. Other than investing in a quality karaoke machine, having a good microphone will help you enjoy your singing experience.
Karaoke microphones are the heart of any karaoke party and without them the whole thing may end up being boring and dull. The microphone will not only help enhance vocals when singing but helps make the sound output audible. In the market, you will find cheap simple karaoke microphones to some fancy professional and elaborate ones.
As you step out to shop for a karaoke microphone for your home party, you need to understand the various types out there. Whether you opt for a wired microphone or a wireless one, it’s important to consider the specifications of the mic. We have brought you a comprehensive review of the best karaoke microphones available in the market that will help turn your home party into a memorable music extravaganza.
Top 10 Karaoke Microphones of 2020 Reviewed
1. BONAOK Wireless Bluetooth Karaoke MicrophoneBest Wireless Karaoke Microphone
Enjoy some nice vocals during karaoke using this 4 in 1 microphone from Bonaok. It allows you to use it as a microphone, recorder, speaker and an LED light. The 48 colorful LED lights provide you with a feeling of an extravaganza as you sing and flicker with the rhythm to add to your confidence. The multilayered microphone head is designed to cancel out noise providing you with a crisp, clear sound.
The microphone can be connected to various devices using Bluetooth allowing you to use it on the go. It boasts of a 2600mAh fast charging Lithium battery that’s rechargeable and multi-protected to ensure longer singing time. The humanized design allows anyone to feel like a star and is made of aluminum alloy giving it a light weight feel on your hands. The kid-friendly microphone comes with a micro-USB cable for better connectivity, an audio cable, a black pouch for easy storage and an instruction manual for easy set up.
- 4 in 1 karaoke
- Humanized design that filters out noise
- 48 colorful LED lights
- Better sound quality needed
- Volume can be low
- Mismatch in colors
2. Fifine K036 Microphone SystemBest Karaoke Microphone for Duets
Grab your singing partner and churn out some fine tunes using this dual channel karaoke microphone system from Fifine. The UHF wireless mic provides you with great sound with less chances of interference as is the case with VHF microphones. Enjoy a reliable band signal of up to 80 feet without fear of the sound being cut in and out during your performance. It comes with a portable speaker that you can carry anywhere. For better sound, it comes with separate volume and echo control for each of the microphones which brings out your vocals in an audible manner.
The metallic receiver has better sound reception and stronger anti-interference ability compared to plastic ones. This karaoke microphone set allows up to three people to sing at the same time. For increased connectivity, the system has three verified cables which provides you with a variety to meet a wide range of uses. The package includes a wireless receiver, 2 handheld microphones, 3 audio cables and a user friendly instruction manual.
- Strong UHF band signal reception
- Accommodates up to three people at a go
- Strong anti-interference construction
- Doesn’t connect well with a karaoke mixer
- Reduced noise cancellation ability
- Flimsy control buttons
3. Ankuka Wired Dynamic Karaoke MicrophoneBest Wired Karaoke Microphone
Get to host a fun home party with this dynamic microphone from Ankuka. It has a fully metallic construction that’s durable and resistant to damages from drops and other impacts. The uni-directional wired mic boasts of advanced technology with great noise cancelling feature that provides you with great sound. The metallic metal mesh head has an inbuilt foam layer that helps reduce any interference.
The hand held mic comes with a XLR 4 meter capable that ca be plugged directly into a 6.35mm input. It supports various devices such as DVD, KTV audio and mixers among others. You can choose between a silver and black mic that have a smooth, refined touch for a user friendly experience.
- Cardioid pickup pattern
- Full metallic construction
- Advanced noise cancelling technology
- Needs an adapter to accommodate different plugs
- Cable could be longer
- Limited movement when singing
4. TONOR Dynamic Karaoke MicrophoneBest Metallic Karaoke Microphone
Have some fun during karaoke with this microphone from TONOR that is seen as a best seller due to its remarkable features. It boasts of a cardioid pickup pattern that provides you with great sound while cancelling out any background noise. It has an all metal construction that ensures durability and a strong resistance to scratches and dents in case of drops. It boasts of a plug and play design with no need for a battery but has an on/off switch that you press for audio.
The microphone comes with a 15M audio cable which provides you with convenience and allows it to be used as a speaker or amplifier. The ¼ inch mic jack port provides better connectivity. It’s designed to cancel out electromagnetic interference and transmit sound more clearly. It includes a foam mic cover for better sound and also includes an instruction manual for easy set up.
- Cardioid pickup pattern for high quality sound
- Easy to use On/off switch
- 15M audio cable
- Limited connectivity options
- Needs an adapter to accommodate different jacks
- A bit fragile
5. TOSING 008 Wireless Bluetooth Karaoke MicrophoneBest Dual Speaker Karaoke Microphone
Developed in 2014 after years of advanced research and development, this TOSING 008 karaoke microphone is just what you need for your party at home or on the go. It boasts of two 5W magnetic speakers internally placed to provide you with a rich sound. The double speakers on the left and right provide you with great resonance, powerful and clear sound. The microphone allows you to eliminate the original voice allowing you to hear your own voice blasting through the speakers.
This high fidelity metallic mic has been thoroughly tested for strength which guarantees you less damage from drops and other handling. The mic comes with broad compatibility due to its Bluetooth 4.2 feature that allows you to connect and share music within a range of 33 feet. It also allows you to enjoy music through audio cable connectivity using the 3.5mm interface side. It boasts of a multi-layer construction with a rugged shell that ensures reliability and safety. The inbuilt polymer Lithium battery allows for 1000 plus rechargeable cycles.
- Dual magnetic speakers
- High fidelity metallic construction
- Broad compatibility
- A bit heavy
- Battery doesn’t last for long
- Better sound control needed
6. MOSOTECH 2019 Upgraded 4-in-1 Karaoke MicrophoneBest Karaoke Microphone for Kids
Are your kids crazy about karaoke? Then you have to get them the 2019 4 in 1 MOSOTECH karaoke microphone that will provide you with a wide range of fun options. The multifunctional device acts as a microphone, a Bluetooth speaker, a recording device and a voice changer. It boasts of a superior KTV echo and voice changing ability that is great for any karaoke lover. The colorful water wave LED lighting is a favorite feature of this mic and gives you that super star feeling as you sing.
Its comes with dual connectivity capability’ Bluetooth and audio connection The Bluetooth connection option allows you to connect wireless to your phone, laptop or any other electronic device. The 2200mAh rechargeable battery provides you with between 6 and 8 hours of play when on a full charge. The LED lights also indicate when the battery is almost depleted. The user friendly microphone has convenient buttons that allow you to control the volume, echo and the music.
- 4 in 1 functionality
- Colorful water wave LED lights
- Bluetooth and audio connectivity
- Not great for a professional set up
- Voice changing feature needs modification
- Better instruction manual needed
7. Amazmic Wireless Handheld Karaoke MicrophoneBest LED Light Karaoke Microphone
Immerse yourself and your loved ones in good music by blasting some tunes on the karaoke machine using the Amazmic Karaoke Microphone. It has 48 pieces of 48 LED lights that include a combination of yellow, pink, green and blue which flash as the music plays. It has a multi-protect safety battery with a standby time of about 20 hours and a playtime of 5-9 hours when on full charge. The microphone also allows you to connect to your phone using Bluetooth and also allows you to record every single word you sing.
The 5W speakers amplify the sound and ensure less distortion of the harmony. Its KTV live sound is stunning and has a clear rhythm with good echo reverberation. You can choose from four fun colors; black, silver, rose gold and light gold. The package includes a micro USB cable, audio cable and an 18 month warranty.
- 48 LED light pieces
- Clear KTV live sound
- Allows recording of songs
- Volume could be better
- Some parts are flimsy
- Charging port may have issues with time
8. KaraoKing Wireless Bluetooth Karaoke MicrophoneBest Karaoke Microphone for iPhones
Belt out those catchy tunes with this iPhone karaoke microphone from KaraoKing that will leave feeling like a superstar. It has a sleek construction with great sound quality and a humanized, user friendly design. It comes with a dark gray color and a metallic foam filter that helps reduce the build-up of dust and noise. The 5W built-in speaker ensures that you get a pitch perfect performance which leaves you feeling like a rock star. It also comes with a phone holder to easily read along the lyrics.
- Sleek construction
- User friendly design
- 5W built in speaker
- Battery runs out fast
- Volume could be louder
9. Leeron Karaoke Microphone Bluetooth Portable Handheld Karaoke Machine
As a rule of thumb, the kind of microphone you have can make or break a karaoke session. Here, we are talking about a product from Leeron, which doubles up as a microphone and karaoke machine. It comes with several features, whose principal aim is to enhance your experience. For instance, the receiver has an “M” button, which you can use to select any of the four-voice settings – child, old, honey, or male. To change the color of the LED light, you should long-press the “M” button.
The microphone is suitable for kids 3 years and older, as well as adults. You can use it to practice your favorite songs and later share with others via an app. It is Bluetooth enabled and can connect wirelessly to a speaker. If you want to connect it using a wire to any device, the 3.5-mm audio will come in handy so that you are sure of the quality of the karaoke machine, the makers of this product and offering a 100 percent lifetime satisfaction guarantee.
- It has up to four voice settings
- Allows the sharing of music via an app
- It comes with wireless connection capabilities
- The sound quality isn’t that great
- An adapter required for different jacks
- Doesn’t have noise cancellation capabilities
10. hMovie Wireless Karaoke MicrophoneBest Battery Powered Karaoke Microphone
Couple up with a your favorite partner and sing your hearts out using this wireless karaoke microphone from hMovie. It has a duet version that lets you pair two microphones at the same time. The 3,300 built in battery provides you with 30 hours of play on a full charge when on normal volume and 30 days when on standby. By long pressing the pause/play button you will activate the voice elimination function.
It boasts of 6W dual speakers that provide you with a loud and strong sound. The Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity allows you to wirelessly connect to various devices which helps reduce power consumption when on standby mode and stable connectivity over a given distance. It also has built in low frequency radiator that improves sound quality by 30%.
- Duet version microphone
- Extended battery life
- Dual 6W speakers
- Doesn’t come with a hard case
- Doesn’t indicate when battery is running low
- Reduced noise cancellation construction
How to Choose the Best Karaoke Microphone – Ultimate Buying Guide
Karaoke started way back in Japan to let people sing along to pre-recorded music and has quickly gained popularity all across the world. Clubs often hold karaoke nights for patrons to sing their voices away and serious karaoke lovers have invested in a karaoke system in their homes. To have a great karaoke experience, you will need a good karaoke system, ‘okay’ vocals, lyrics and a good karaoke microphone. A mic, and good quality sound system, can make or break your karaoke experience.
Types of Karaoke Microphones
Your choice of the best microphone to spice up your karaoke party is a matter of personal preference since different mics have varying applications.
- Wired versus Wireless – Just like the name, the wired microphone comes with a cable that you plug in to power the mic. Wireless microphones, just like wireless speakers, use Bluetooth connectivity to connect to devices allowing you to sing your voice out.
- TV Karaoke Microphones – These are designed to be plugged directly to your TV and allow you to use YouTube and other applications in case you have a smart TV. However, their popularity has decreased as most people now opt for smart phones.
- Ipad and Iphone Karaoke Microphones – These are designed to connect with iPads, iPhones and tablets which allow you access to online applications. They tend to be of high quality.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Karaoke Microphone
There are several factors to keep in mind before adding that microphone to your shopping cart. They include:
- Intended use – You need to identify the purpose of the microphone. Do you need it for a home party or is it for live stage performance? If the mic will mostly be for home parties, then you may not need to splash a lot of money on a studio mic since the acoustics at home may not be appropriate for it.
- Microphone specs – Technical specifications of the microphone are also important to ensure that you get the right device. Such specs include frequency response, polar patterns and proximity effect. The polar pattern is the sensitivity field of the mic and the most common type is unidirectional mic. The range of frequencies that the mic responds to is also a necessary tech spec which can be high or low.
- Microphone accessories – There are a few extras that come with microphones such as mounts, mic stands and LED lights. Such accessories help to enhance your karaoke experience but may not be a must when working on a limited budget.
Tips of Hosting a Great Karaoke Party
Before we wrap it up, here’s a few tips to help you throw a great karaoke party;
- Select a fun crowd – It’s said that anyone can sing along in karaoke and true to this it’s only during karaoke that you will find all manner of vocals. Just ask a group of friends over, give them the mic and let the fun begin.
- Create a playlist – Have a list of songs for people to choose from and queue them so that everyone knows when to sing.
- Create a theme – For more fun, you can select a fun theme for your karaoke party and even have decorations to complete the look.
- Have prizes – You can include prizes for different categories such as best duet singing, worst singing among others. Prizes will help increase guest participation and make the party more fun.
- Inform the neighbors – Karaoke sessions can get quite noisy and it’s only fair and courteous to alert your neighbors of the planned party.
No need to host a boring party when you could invest in a karaoke machine, have a couple of karaoke mics and have some nice food ready to entertain your guests. Whether you are looking for an ideal gift for your kids or just want to be a good party host, there’s a product for you out there. Hopefully, you have spotted the best karaoke microphone for your needs and are set with a good karaoke machine to help you host one of the most memorable karaoke parties ever.