You have everything sorted out — all your utensils, kitchen equipment, and bathroom accessories are sparkling clean. All, but your concrete surfaces! Now you have to run back to the store and get a cleaner tough enough to deal with the concrete stains! But wait, your regular detergents and soaps can’t cut it. So, what do you do?
Now, imagine if by the snap of your finger you could forget all your fears and wake up to a dazzling concrete garage floor. Sounds exciting, right? That’s what concrete cleaners promise you! Just follow through.
We understand that it cannot be any easy when selecting the best concrete cleaners for your home, especially when there is so much at stake. So, as we delve into the basics, feel free to sample some of our suggestions and be on your way to a cleaner and better environment.
Top 10 Concrete Cleaners of 2020 Reviewed
1. ACT Microbial Concrete Cleaner
Best Eco-Friendly Concrete Cleaner
So, you have pets at home, and they can’t help but go helping themselves all over the place. Worse yet, the motor oils messed up your whole compound, and the embarrassment of the mess is your daily dose! Meet, ACT Microbial Concrete, the oil stain, and pet urine stain remover. This concrete cleaner uses Bio-remediation, a technique by which microorganisms are used to clean stain messes that other cleaning agents like soaps, degreasers and detergents can’t break.
Act concrete cleaner is so effective that all you need to do is apply some powder on the stained area, spray some moisture and leave it to do all the work for you. If you are environmentally cautious, again this is the best concrete cleaner for you. Act Concrete Cleaner, absorbs carbon dioxide from the air and water and the microorganisms then break these elements converting them into oxygen. Simply put, it’s safe to use around animals, plants and even your kids.
- Environmentally friendly
- Easy application and use
- Does not require huge amounts of water
- Not very efficient for stubborn stains
- Takes longer to clear tough stains
2. All-Purpose Masonry & Concrete Cleaner
Best All-Purpose Concrete Cleaner
Imagine breathing new life into your old concrete surfaces; whether it’s the pavements, driveway, sidewalks…name them. Masonry & Concrete Cleaner will do the magic. This cleaner is designed to clean a wide range of concrete surfaces including masonry walls. You’d be right to say that it breathes life into the natural state of concrete.
The All-purpose Masonry and Concrete Cleaner come to you inform of powder concentrate well packed in 3.2 pounds container. The cleaner safely removes all sorts of substances including dirt, grime, and stains caused by oil, mold or even mildew, restoring all your masonry and concrete surfaces.
- Features simple to follow manufacturer’s instruction for use
- Cleans concrete and masonry walls
- Removes virtually all tough stains
- Takes quite some time to soak and clean but works very well
- Instructions are lengthy
- The large quantity of the powder to be used for effective results
3. Oil Eater Original 1 Gallon Cleaner/Degreaser
Best Concrete Cleaner for Oily Surfaces
Let’s be honest — the most annoying thing in a home is greasy surfaces that no detergents will seem to get rid of. What’s even worse is when you have to consider measures that pose health risks to both the environment and the people in it. Thankfully, the Oil Eater Original alleviates all these fears. Just as the name suggests, this cleaner will eat its way through any form of grease and oils that are giving you a hard time. That means that your concrete surfaces and other non-food surfaces will no longer be your cause of worry.
This biodegradable, non-toxic, non-corrosive cleaner is a water-based solution that has passed approvals by various bodies like USDA and is approved for both home and industrial use. It can be used in commercial setups like restaurants offering maximum performance. By just adding water to the right amount, given the intensity of the cleaning, you have the best concrete cleaner right in your hands.
- Multipurpose cleaner
- Biodegradable and safe for all users
- Approved by USDA for non-food surfaces.
- Does not work completely on asphalt
- Not safe around kids and pets
- Only works efficiently with right dilution
4. GP66 Miracle Cleaner Gallon From GP66
Best Multipurpose Cleaner
No need for double-spending because GP66 does it all, and by all, we mean everything literally in your home. Be it your greased grill oven, your microwave, ceramics, crockery, carpet laminate floors, concrete walls and floors, masonry walls and even spray paint. Can you believe it?
GP66 Miracle cleaner comes in the form of a solution originally intended for industrial purposes but later found its way into people’s homes. Today the solution boasts of a long to-do list making it one of the best concrete cleaners in the market for all your home cleaning tasks.
- Covers a wide range of uses in the home
- Can reproduce up to 16 bottles
- Certified by O.S.H.A. as environmentally friendly
- Comprises the most effective formula
- A little bit pricey
- Might need a lot of it when considering large-scale cleaning
5. Simple Green 18202 Concrete and Driveway Cleaner
You have everything else in your house in control, but you just can’t get that driveway to complement your good looking and well-kept yard. The Simple Green Concrete and Driveway Cleaner can help with that. The tough stains from oil leaks and dust that has cumulated over time will be a different story once you get yourself a gallon of this super saving concrete cleaner.
Simple Green 18202 which comes to in form of a solution was formulated especially for tough stains from oil and grease on all concrete surfaces. It’s very safe to use in the homestead as it does not contain any toxic components. If you are looking for a concrete cleaner that can work without a pressure system, then this is your best bet. Simple green works with both pressure systems as well as manual cleaning.
- Environmentally friendly
- Cleans tough oil and grease stains from concrete surfaces
- Limited use in the homesteads
- A little costly
- Less effective on some selected stains
6. Concrete and Driveway Cleaner by TERMINATOR-HSD
Best Powder Concrete Cleaner
Are you hungry for a sparkling clean concrete surface? Well if you so, you make a great partner with Concrete and Driveway cleaner – a cleaner that contains billions of micro-bacteria hungry for the grease and oils giving you a headache. If you are skeptical about the answer, then terminate all your problems with this terminator -HSD.
At times we get caught up by so many bustles that we may not have enough time to cater to some areas like garages and driveways. It’s understandable, yes — but what if you could have a cleaner that could do half of the work for you! The Terminator HSD will not be washed away by rain. It’s designed to remain active for a longer period ensuring optimum results.
- Effective and easy to remove tough stains
- Doesn’t wash away during a downpour
- Does not require scrubbing and rinsing
- Takes a bit longer to get rid of tough stains
- Requires a lot of attention by keeping environment optimum
- Might need more to clean a large area
7. EXIMO Waterless Concrete Cleaner
Best Waterless Concrete Cleaner
Stains on garages, driveways, patios, and pavements can be tough and ruthless, especially those from oils like petroleum. If you want to get rid of these stains without having to put in a great deal of effort, then the best concrete cleaner for you is Eximo.
This waterless natural cleaner uses a natural means of breaking down hydrocarbons, restoring your concrete surfaces to their original state. Eximo is environmentally friendly and uses a process called bioremediation to consume the hydrocarbons converting them into carbon dioxide and water. The cleaner is also safe to use around kids and pets and even plants.
- Environmentally friendly
- Does not require water
- Does not require a great deal of effort
- Takes quite some time to realize results
- Does not wash off easily
- Spreads easily like dust hence dirtying the environment
8. Eco-Etch Pro Concrete Etcher and Cleaner | Biodegradable Phosphoric Acid Alternative | Efflorescence, Dust Remover | 1 Gallon
Best Biodegradable Concrete Cleaner
Do you know that while your concrete floor may look clean, you might be leaving toxic contaminants behind? If you want to clean your concrete floor in an Eco-friendly manner effectively, then consider Eco-Etch Pro. This concrete cleaner is popular among professional masons. This is because it deep cleans carbon stains and ground-in soils bring a new fresh look to your floor. But most importantly, it does a better job than the alternative dangerous muriatic and phosphorous acid.
Eco-Etch Pro is prepared for use on either unsealed old or new concrete block, bricks and patios. This liquid is perfect for removing calcium build-up and motor deposits. On top of that, it effectively opens up concrete pores up to CSP-2 degree. You will be amazed by its bonding ability and coating durability.
- Eco-Friendly; does not harm vegetation
- Safe to use even if it comes in contact with the skin
- Works well
- The smell is a bit unpleasant
- May not be the best for very old stains
- May be tough to remove efflorescence completely
9. Sheiner’s Floor Cleaner Concentrate
Best Multipurpose Mopping Cleaner
Sheiner’s Floor Cleaner Concentrate is no ordinary cleaner. If you love to keep your concrete sparkling clean yet with that touch of natural sweet scent of nature, you’ll be glad to know that Sheimers comes with a lavender scent. This scent helps to keep your floors smelling fresh all day long even in dumpy conditions.
This multipurpose floor cleaner can clear all types of stains on a wide range of surfaces. The cleaner contains a neutral pH for optimum results when it comes to cleaning different surfaces. Like most cleaners, Sheiner’s qualifies as one of the best concrete floor cleaners due to its environmentally friendly nature. It will neither harm your plants nor your pets!
- Comes with a refreshing natural lavender scent.
- The multipurpose cleaner is compatible with most floors.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Does not work perfectly for tile floors
- The scent can be harmful to people with allergic reactions
- Needs a bit of effort to clean stains
10. Zep Professional Heavy-Duty Powdered Concrete Cleaner
Just as the name suggests, the Zep Professional Cleaner is a heavy-duty cleaner capable of removing those stubborn stains on your concrete surfaces. It works in a rather interesting way — the cleaner changes color when wet to enables you to identify the level of concentration during use. The powder dissolves easily in water and works virtually on over every surface, leaving a sparkling effect.
However, this cleaning powder requires a little bit of patience before it can work. All you need to do is sprinkle the powder over the wetted surface to be cleaned, give it a few minutes, scrub gently with a long brush, and rinse. The results will be gratifying.
- Changes color when wet to guide on the level of saturation.
- Good for bulky cleaning of greased surfaces
- Very efficient given time.
- Requires a great deal of effort to clean out the greased surface
- Takes time before the results are evident
Choosing the Best Concrete Cleaners: The Ultimate Buying Guide!
Think about all the tough oil stains and brake fluid staining your garage floor. Now picture your driveway. Do they look great? Are there visible stains that prove stubborn to get rid of? If that’s the case, then you are right to get a concrete cleaner.
To help make your shopping smooth and hassle-free, we have covered some helpful tips that you can use. Giving your concrete surfaces a fresh look will now be easy!
If you are just looking for a product to clean your driveway, patio or any other concrete surface, you can get plenty of options that are designed for such areas/surfaces. Luckily, if you have a problem getting rid of stains in your kitchen – say oven or tiles – there are also products that double as a concrete cleaner and oven/tile cleaner. These usually come with the words “multipurpose” or “All-Purpose” within the product name.
Just like drain cleaners, there are different types of concrete cleaners, with each one of them designed to suit a different purpose. These include:
- pH Cleaners (alkaline, acidic, and neutral) — If you read the package of the cleaner, you will notice that manufacturers usually indicate whether the product is alkaline or acidic. Some stubborn stains are better cleaned in alkaline conditions, whereas others are best broken down in more acidic conditions. There are also a few others that have a neutral pH value and are most effective for surfaces without embedded dirt.
- Bacterial Cleaners — these are mostly known as oxidation cleaners. They use the modern formula of active enzymes that attack and digest oil, grease, and hydrocarbons. They are best for cleaning oil, starch-based, and protein-based surfaces. The best thing is that these cleaners don’t leave any residue that would require further cleaning.
Most concrete cleaners are usually environmentally friendly, meaning that they are not harmful to your pets or plants. This is important because they are used on driveways where pets spend most of their time. Don’t get it wrong, though — while most products may claim to be non-corrosive and non-toxic, they are not safe for consumptions. It’s, therefore, safe to keep them out of reach from your little munchkins.
Depending on whether you want to purchase cleaners in powder, spray or liquid form, you need to get enough to do the cleaning and keep some for the next time. While some of these cleaners will do the job by just applying a little amount, others will need you to use a good amount for satisfactory results. Likewise, for large projects, consider going for the bigger packages, especially those that need to be diluted with water.
Most cleaners will do an amazing job of cleaning your concrete surfaces. Some will go an extra mile and will clean other surfaces such as tiles and ovens, making them more useful. As you set out into finding the one that will work for you, we hope that the information provided above will help you have a better shopping experience as you try to breathe new life into your concrete surfaces.