The kitchen is one of the most crucial places in your home since without it, your household would be chaotic due to lack of food and good food for that matter. It’s important to fill this vital place with all the necessary appliances such as coffee makers, blenders, cookers, microwaves, food preparation gadgets and many more that will make getting food ready easy, fast and safe. One appliance that is all the craze right now is an electric range that makes cooking food effortless and hustle free.
Electric stoves are the latest innovation in the culinary world and are quickly replacing the traditional solid fuel cookers. Electric ranges use electric heating elements instead of gas as their source of power. They are smokeless, fast and provide you with a variety of ways of cooking food. Most people are opting for the free standing electric range since it comes with a wide variety of features that will add value to your culinary experience.
As you make this important investment in a kitchen range, you will need all the information you can get out there to ensure you make an ideal choice. We have searched far and wide and brought you some of the best electric range brands whose products will leave you happy and put a smile on your family’s face as they dig into the scrumptious delicacies you will have prepared.
Top 12 Electric Ranges of 2019 Reviewed
- Top 12 Electric Ranges of 2019 Reviewed
- 1. Avanti ER24P3SG 24″ Electric Range
- 2. Verona VEFSEE365SS 36″ Electric Range
- 3. Whirlpool WFE515S0ES Electric Range
- 4. Frigidaire FFEF3054TS 30 Inch Electric Freestanding Range
- 5. GE JBS30RKSS 30 Inch Freestanding Electric Range
- 6. Danby DER200W 20-Inch Wide Electric Range
- 7. Samsung NE59J7850WS 30 Inch Electric Range
- 8. Electrolux EI30EF45QSIQ-Touch 30″ Electric Range
- 9. Thor Kitchen Freestanding Professional Style Dual Fuel Range
- 10. New Imperial Electric Range
- 11. Cosmo DFR304 30 in Slide-In Free-standing Dual Fuel Range
- 12. Magic Chef Freestanding Oven MCSRE24S
- Best Electric Range- Ultimate Buying Guide
1. Avanti ER24P3SG 24″ Electric RangeBest 24 Inch Electric Range
Transform your cooking experience by adding the Avanti ER24P3SG to your kitchen. It’s a 24 inch free standing electric range that has a pull out drawer for storage. As a safety feature, the electric range has an indicator to show you when the plate is hot. The oven also comes with a 60 minute that will let you time your meals appropriately. The digital display shows you the time to make following a recipe easy and less hectic.
The bake and broil oven allows you to try out many baking recipes and impress your loved ones with your skill. The oven has a glass door that lets you monitor your food as it cooks. The ON/OFF feature allows you to switch the oven on and know when it’s safely turned off. The leveling legs ensure that the electric cooker is stable and steady as you cook.
- Pull out drawer for added storage
- Indicator to show when plate is hot
- Baking oven with glass door
- Doesn’t come with a power cord
- Burners plug is too tight
- Burners could be fitted better
2. Verona VEFSEE365SS 36″ Electric RangeBest Electric Range for Large Kitchens
Give your kitchen a new look with the Verona VEFSEE365SS electric range that will make cooking multiple meals easy and fast. The 35 inch stainless steel electric stove has 5 burners all sealed with a dual centre element. The cooktop is made of solid glass ceramic that’s elegant and easy to clean. The chrome knobs and stainless steel oven handle are conveniently placed and firmly screwed in for easy operation. The oven has a capacity of 4 cubic feet that lets you whip up a large family meal.
This multi-functional convection oven comes with a storage drawer and two racks that create more cooking space. It also has a timer with an audible timer to help keep track of your cooking. The oven can be easily cleaned through wiping and doesn’t stain easily.
- Solid glass cooktop
- Stainless steel handle and chrome knobs
- 4 cubic feet oven capacity
- Eats up space
- Dials require quite some time to understand
- Oven racks aren’t steady
3. Whirlpool WFE515S0ES Electric RangeBest Value Electric Range
Whirlpool is one of the most loved brands in the electric appliance industry due to their functional and dependable products. One such appliance is the 30 inch WFE515S0ES Electric Range that has an advanced Accubake temperature management system. It has four burners for added convenience when cooking several meals.
The hidden baking element allows you to bake and try out various recipes. There’s also a timer where you can track the time on the digital display with a backlight for easy visibility. It also has a self-cleaning system so that you don’t have to worry about constantly cleaning your electric oven.
- Accubake temperature management system
- Four burners
- Timer with digital display
- No power cord
- Racks are flimsy
- Small glass window
4. Frigidaire FFEF3054TS 30 Inch Electric Freestanding RangeBest Self-Cleaning Electric Range
Get to experiment with as many recipes as you can with this 30 inch freestanding electric range from Frigidaire. It comes in a stainless steel color that doesn’t smudge and has an overall capacity of 5.3 cubic feet. The cooker has five heating elements with different diameters ranging from 6 inches to 12 inches.
It also has a smooth top cooktop with a solution that allows the cooker to self-clean easily. The grates also boast of a simmer burner which allows you to prepare different meals easily. It also has a baking convection that quickly bakes some nice treats.
- Self-cleaning system
- Smudge-proof stainless steel construction
- Includes a power burner
- Grates are quite flimsy
- Doesn’t include power cord
- Bottom drawer has weak clips
5. GE JBS30RKSS 30 Inch Freestanding Electric RangeBest Dual Bake Electric Range
Create memorable culinary treats with the GE JBS30RKSS 30 Inch electric range that has been designed to make cooking easy and enjoyable. It has an overall capacity of 5 cubic feet which is ideal for cooking large meals. The four cooking elements are well made and evenly placed to ensure there’s enough space for each of the pots.
It also has a dual bake element feature for creating all manner of confectionary. The baking oven has a large glass window to allow viewing as you bake. The freestanding oven has a digital clock with a timer for precise cooking. At the bottom is a removable full width drawer that provides storage space. Has an elegant stainless steel finish that doesn’t stain or rust.
- Dual bake element feature
- Digital temperature display
- Large storage space
- A bit heavy
- Doesn’t self-clean
- The glass window easily smudges
6. Danby DER200W 20-Inch Wide Electric RangeBest Electric Range for Small Kitchens
If you have a small kitchen area and are looking to fit it with a dependable cooking appliance, then the Danby DER200W freestanding electric range is a great choice. Its front has easy push and turn ignition knobs that are safe to operate. There’s also indicator lights to show you when the plates are hot.
Its porcelain cooktop boasts of four cooking elements where one is an 8 inch coil element for fat boiling and three 6 inch coil elements for additional cooking. Each of the cooking elements is fitted with a drip plate for easy cleaning. The electric cooker has a capacity of 2.4 cubic feet with an oven rack that has four adjustable positions. It also has a 3-piece broiler pan with a broiler that boasts of 2400 watt cooking power. This white electric range is extremely compact and won’t eat much space.
- Push and turn safety knobs
- 4 cooking elements with drip plates
- Compact design
- Not for large kitchens
- White color stains easily
- Doesn’t include power cord
7. Samsung NE59J7850WS 30 Inch Electric RangeBest Dual Door Electric Range
Samsung is one brand that you can trust with all your electric appliance needs and this 30 inch freestanding electric range from them is no exception. Its push to turn ignition knobs are clearly labelled and are at the top of the cooktop for easy reach. The flexible cooktop features five burners and has a warming zone for your food.
The stylish stainless steel electric range is among the few ovens in the market with soft close dual door. The baking oven has two glass display windows to allow you efficiently monitor your cooking. There’s also a timer to precisely set cooking times and the digital display has a backlight for better visibility.
- Soft close dual door
- Two glass display windows
- Digital display with backlight
- Cooktop stains easily
- Labelling on the knobs is too small
- Baking oven has poor temperature control
8. Electrolux EI30EF45QSIQ-Touch 30″ Electric RangeBest Digital Control Electric Range
Add some elegance to your kitchen by investing in the stylish Electrolux EI30EF45QSIQ electric range that’s designed for the modern kitchen. It boasts of 5 radiant cooking elements that will make your cooking easy and allow you to cook multiple dishes at the same time. Its dual convection oven has a capacity of 4.0 cubic feet and lights up in a warm blue color when switched on.
The front IQ-touch controls that allow you to select different cooking modes at the touch of a button. The ignition knobs are push and turn for added safety. The warming drawer helps keep your food warm or quickly heat up cold food. With multiple self-cleaning options, this stainless steel is easy to clean.
- IQ touch digital touch controls
- Dual convection oven
- Warming drawer
- The touch controls smudge easily
- Electric burners could be better
- Quite wide
9. Thor Kitchen Freestanding Professional Style Dual Fuel RangeBest Dual Fuel Electric Range
If you can’t make up your mind between having a gas stove and an electric range, then this dual fuel range from Thor Kitchens will be great for you since it offers both electric and gas options. It has a total of 6 burners where there’s a front single burner that has an output of 18,000 BTU while the back has a dual sealed burner with an output of 15,000 BTU. In the event that the flame distinguishes, there’s an automatic ignitor.
The control panel has 9 control knobs made of high quality material. The dual oven is thermostatically controlled to help achieve the right temperature. It also has a stainless steel drip pan while the oven has blue interior light to indicate when it’s switched on. The freestanding oven has a width of 48 inches making it ideal for a professional kitchen or a home with a large family. The electric range comes with a two year warranty.
- Combination of a gas stove and electric range
- Dual oven with thermostatically controlled temperature
- Stainless steel drip pan
- Eats up a lot of space
- Doesn’t include LPG conversion kit
10. New Imperial Electric RangeBest Energy Saving Electric Range
Make life easier in your kitchen with this energy saving electric range from New Imperial. It boasts of 2KV hot plates that are placed on an easy to clean Teflon surface. The plates are flat and even providing you with a great surface for all types of cooking. To allow maximum contact with your cookware, the plates have a diameter of nine and a half inches.
The electric range also has infinite controls to allow flexibility in your cooking. The high performance oven has a 5KW element that allows even heating throughout the oven. It also boasts of a heavy duty thermostat which has a wide temperature range of 65 degrees C to 260 degrees C. The side, rear deck and door have a porcelain lining while the splatter screen prevents it from spills. The oven also includes one chrome rack.
- Easy to clean cooktops
- Even heating in the oven
- Heavy duty thermostat
- Not ideal for small kitchen
- Plates are congested
- May get hot on the sides
11. Cosmo DFR304 30 in Slide-In Free-standing Dual Fuel RangeBest Slide-In Electric Range
Refine your kitchen by adding the 36 inch Cosmo DFR304 that boasts of a dual fuel range capacity. It has 3.6 cubic feet electric oven that has a European Turbo design with four bake styles; convection bake, Turbo bake, convection broil and bake. The six cooking elements have a combined cooking power of 3200 watts while the broil element has a power of 2,850 watts. The four Italian burners have varying BTU outputs that will provide you with convenient cooking at an affordable cost.
The electric range is made using 304 grade stainless steel that is built to last while the nickel finished knobs will provide you with a professional experience in your kitchen. For additional safety, the cavity oven has an advanced ventilation system for efficient cooling. It also comes with a natural gas kit and a woke grate. You will get a two year warranty on parts and labor on purchase of this electric and gas cooktop range.
- Heavy duty thermostat
- Stainless steel construction
- 4 baking styles
- Cooktops could be wider
- Cleaning is hectic
12. Magic Chef Freestanding Oven MCSRE24SBest Programmable Electric Range
Boasting of an elegant and compact design, the Magic Chef MCSRE245 is the perfect addition to a small sized kitchen. It has a capacity of 2.2 cubic feet that will cater to diverse cooking needs. It has four radiant cooking elements where one measures 8.6 inches while the other three elements measure 5.5 inches that cater to a wide range of cooking pans.
The bottom drawer opens up to provide additional storage space. The oven comes with seven programmable cooking modes that will allow you experiment with a wide range of cooking methods. The convection style oven allows for even circulation of air and heat all around the oven. The free standing oven is sturdily built stainless steel that is easy to clean and will provide you with great service for many years.
- Elegant, compact design
- Lots of storage space
- Programmable cooking modes
- Oven needs better heat conduction
- Connecting power cord is hectic
- Storage drawer could be bigger
Best Electric Range- Ultimate Buying Guide
The culinary world is filled with loads of appliances that are designed to make your time in the kitchen easy, fun and productive. Most of the time, you will need to cook multiple dishes at the same time and this calls for a dependable cooker. Electric ranges have become popular choices by homeowners due to their numerous benefits. These appliances are quickly replacing gas stoves as customers look for improved efficiency in their kitchens.
Advantages of Electric Ranges over Gas Stoves
Traditionally, gas stoves were a popular choice by most people but this is quickly changing as more advanced electric ranges that are powered using electricity. Here’s why electric ranges are all the craze right now:
- Inexpensive – An electric range doesn’t come with expensive installation charges unlike their gas counterparts. Most of the electric ovens are freestanding and only need a connection to a power source.
- Cleaning – Electric stoves are easy to clean where some come with self-cleaning solutions that make cleaning a breeze. They also have a stainless steel or porcelain construction that doesn’t stain or smudge easily.
- Stability and ease of use – Most of the electric ranges are free standing and have leveling legs to remain firm as you cook. The stoves usually come with knobs or digital controls with a timer to help you precisely cook food. For added safety, go for push and turn ignition knobs to ensure that the appliance doesn’t go on without your knowledge.
Factors to Consider When Buying an Electric Range
Let’s now explore some key considerations that you need to keep in mind before settling for a particular product. They include:
Type – You will come across three types of electric ranges in the market; freestanding ovens, slide-in or drop in. The most common are freestanding electric ranges that fit in between cabinets, at the end of the kitchen counter or wherever there’s enough space for it in the kitchen. Slide-in electric stoves are unfinished on the sides and are placed in between cabinets. Drop-in electric ranges are the least common since they rest on a platform and built into your kitchen cabinetry.
Size – Depending on the amount of space you have available in your kitchen, you can choose between ranges with different widths. The width of appliances ranges between 20 and 40 inches with different styles available. Consider the size of your family as well since this will dictate the capacity of the oven where a larger family needs a bigger stove.
Cooktop – The burners on an electric range can have a smooth cooktop or a coil design. Smooth cooktops are flat and don’t feature the traditional burners. They are easier to clean but may not work with some cookware especially non-stick pans which may make food burn. Coils are quite traditional and work with a wide range of cookware but are difficult to clean. Most electric ranges may have between three and six cooktops depending on the design.
Cleaning options – Your electric range is likely to get smudges, stains and spills as you cook. Smooth cooktops are usually easier to clean than their coil counterparts. When it comes to cleaning electric ranges have three common cleaning options; self-cleaning, standard cleaning and continuous cleaning. Self-cleaning is a great option especially for the oven where a solution in the appliance automatically burns away on a high temperature cycle. Standard cleaning option is where you manually clean the appliance yourself.
Adding an electric range to your kitchen space will transform your cooking experience and you will get to show off your culinary skills by easily executing all manner of recipes. The choice of the best electric range is a matter of personal preference depending on the on the factors stated above and the size of your family. Make the switch today to an electric stove for memorable culinary achievements in your kitchen.