Safety at the workplace is one thing that should never be taken lightly because lack of it exposes employees to all manner of hazards. Working with sharp tools in the workplace is risky and can result in some bad injuries. But that doesn’t have to be the case with advanced safety wearables such as cut-resistant gloves that help keep your hands from getting bruised or cut when working.
Many factors have been put into consideration when determining the cut resistance of such gloves including the direction of the cut, force, and flexibility of objects used. When choosing the right cut resistant gloves, you need to consider the type of work you are in and the expected level of risk involved. You really can’t rule the power of having a pair of these special gloves.
In your search for the ideal cut resistant gloves, you will come across different types of materials that are often used to make these safety items. You may come across Kevlar, Dyneema, metal mesh and many others.
So, how do you settle for the ideal pair for your needs? Allow us to indulge you in a comprehensive review of the best cut resistant gloves from some of the most reputable brands in the market that will keep your hands safe from any injuries.
Top 10 Cut Resistant Gloves Of 2019 Reviewed
1. NoCry Cut Resistant GlovesBest Lightweight Gloves
With some of the highest number of positive reviews on Amazon, this pair of cut resistant gloves from NoCry is among the best you can get there. They are incredibly light in weight and not bulky in any way which allows you to carry out your tasks without any unnecessary weight pulling you down. The gloves have been awarded a cut resistance standard of EN388 level 5. You will enjoy a superior grip with a snug fit that lets you efficiently work with no hindrance.
So snug fitting is these gloves that you will feel like you have a second skin on you. The gloves are made of food safe polyethylene material which means you can wear them when cooking or preparing items for human consumption. The gloves are designed to be four times stronger than leather which ensures ultimate protection for your hands. From picking broken glass to carving wood, there’s really nothing you can’t do with this pair of gloves.
- Made of food safe material
- Level 5 cut resistance standard
- Snug fit
- Can’t be used when cutting using a hand saw
- Not ideal for heavy cutting
- May have a mismatch in curvature
2. DEX FIT Level 5 Cut Resistant GlovesBest Dexterity Gloves
Next pair is one that has been designed to meet the highest levels of safety standards out there featuring EN388 4544 standard. Such certification ensures that your hands are safe from cuts and punctures hat may be caused by sharp objects such as steel, knives among other items. It’s made of a combination of HPPE and spandex which ensures maximum dexterity when carrying out high-risk tasks.
The gloves fit snugly and don’t slip even when on light oil and in water which minimizes fatigue after a long day’s work. It features a 3D comfort stretch fit with a power grip foam and smart touch feature. Your fingertips will be safe with the durable nitrile coating that protects the palm. It also comes in a variety of 18 different colors that are industrial friendly to hide any dirt. The ergonomic design takes the curvature of your hand for a perfect fit. It’s also CE approved, FDA friendly for food handling and doesn’t have any toxic odors.
- 3D comfort stretch fit
- Ergonomic design for added snugness
- Industrial friendly color options
- Loses grip after some time
- Fabric may be a bit soft
- The nitride coating may have a smell
3. Stark Safe Cut Resistant GlovesBest For All Hand Types
Carry out multiple types of tasks such as slicing, food preparation, wood carving and even in commercial setups such as butcheries with these cut resistant gloves from Stark. It’s made of cut-resistant material with a level 5 resistance and breathable material which prevents your hands from sweating.
For ultimate comfort, the glove has maximum dexterity which makes great for both small and big hands. Comes in four convenient sizes; small, large, medium and extra-large. They are also machine washable and four times stronger than leather. You will enjoy precise cutting without any slip-ups or accidents.
- Great comfort fit with great dexterity
- Variety of sizes available
- Improved breathability to prevent sweating
- Not ideal for heavy machine operation
- Don’t shield from direct punctures
- Too soft on the hands
4. Dowellife Cut Resistant GlovesBest Anti-slip
To handle your graters, slicers and other cutting tools with utmost safety and good dexterity, then this pair of cut resistant gloves from Dowellife will come in handy. The gloves are made with food-safe materials making them ideal for food preparation. The materials used also have a high cut resistance level of 5.
These multipurpose safety gloves have a firm and anti-slip grip for maximum comfort. Weighing only two ounces, these gloves are light and highly elastic and will provide you perfect balance as you work. Included in the package is a pair of gloves and a safety instruction manual.
- Light in weight with great dexterity
- Cut resistance level of 5
- Anti-slip grip
- Difficult to cut with them on
- Not for heavy duty operation
- Not puncture resistant
5. FORTEM Cut Resistant Gloves
FORTEM brings you these 4 gloves (2 pairs) designed to be ambidextrous which implies that they can comfortably fit on the left or right hand protecting you from any injuries. Made of a combination of nylon and HPPE, these gloves are highly elastic and stretch to fit snugly into your hands.
They come in four sizes; small, medium, large and extra-large which makes them flexible for different types of hands. They are ideal for food preparation in your home, carrying out light duty tasks and a wide range of workplaces. On purchase, you get two bonus hair nets to add to safety when preparing meals.
- Highly elastic and light in weight
- Food safe
- A bit thin
- Only for light duties
- Some packages may miss the bonus hair nets
6. YINENN Cut Resistant Gloves
The material used to make these YINENN Cut Resistant Gloves has a certification of EN388 level 5 which means that they are resistant to cuts, slices, and abrasion when handling sharp objects. They come as two pairs (4 pieces) which you can wear when performing various tasks in the kitchen, workplace and even workshop. Whether you are using a grater, kitchen knife, mandolin or shucking oysters, this pair of gloves will provide you with ultimate protection. The gloves are food safe and machine washable for easy cleaning.
- Machine washable
- Food safe
- Feel thin on the hands
- Tips are a bit big
- Not ideal for big hands
7. KingKut Cut Resistant GlovesBest Grip
For regular kitchen work that involves food preparation using sharp objects, you need to invest in this pair of cut resistant gloves that have a resistance of EN388 level 5. For added comfort and a better fit, the gloves have been made using transverse knitting technology that ensures that there are no hanging hems on your fingertips.
The HPPE material used is food safe and can be used to prepare meals fit for human consumption. The gloves can be hand washed using a light detergent or can be washed in the machine. Four sizes are available for both men and women.
- Food safe HPPE material
- Transverse knitting technology
- Snug fit
- May have a chemical smell
- Not resistant to punctures
- Not ideal for serrated knives
8. Anself Stainless Steel Mesh Cut Resistant GloveBest Heavy Duty Glove
If you are looking for a tough glove that can withstand cuts and punctures, then this piece will be a great fit. Made of stainless steel or 304L grade, the glove boasts of the high level of resistance to cuts. It features a comfortable wearing design with a strap that helps adjust the fit depending on the size of the hand. With over six sizes to choose from, almost every hand will find a great fit. It’s also multipurpose and can be used for at home for tasks such as food preparation or in light industries such as plastic and wood processing.
- Made of durable stainless steel mesh
- Adjustable strap for a better fit
- Comes in six sizes
- Doesn’t come in pairs
- Can be quite large
- Too long on the fingers
9. HanHelp Safety Cut Resistant GlovesBest Breathability
For a superior grip while handling sharp objects and carrying out your chores, then this pair of gloves is a must-have. They feature a latex crinkle coating that ensures your hands don’t slide as you work and increased durability to carry out multiple tasks. The shell of the glove is made of strong HPPE material with cut resistance of level 5. They also feature thick rubber for a better grip. They have great breathability which ensures that your hands stay dry as you work.
- Great breathability
- Latex coating for non-slip qualities
- Firm rubber grip
- Sizing is often wrong
- Not ideal for big hands
- Tight on the hands
10. TruChef Cut Resistant Gloves
The first thing that strikes you about these anti-cut gloves is their colorful nature which is designed to ensure that there’s no cross contamination when handling different foods. The gloves help with faster food preparation where the time taken to cut and slice ingredients reduces by almost 50%.
Wearing these gloves increases your confidence as you handle knives and other sharp objects. It’s available in four sizes to fit different hands. The right and left-hand glove are the same which helps increase flexibility. Comes in a pack of three; green, red and yellow color-coded gloves.
- Color-coded to prevent food contamination
- Increase knife confidence in the kitchen
- Limited to food preparation only
- Not puncture or heat resistant
- Not for heavy duty tasks
How To Choose Best Cut Resistant Gloves
Did you know that a third of all injuries while working are hand injuries? Cuts, abrasions, and punctures are the most common hand injuries that you will come across. Hands are the most important body part when it comes to physical jobs and injuries result in not only pain but lost manpower hours since a bad injury needs a minimum of a week to heal. For this reason, it’s important to increase safety standards when using sharp objects by investing in cut resistant gloves.
Why Wear Cut Resistant Gloves?
The primary reason for investing in a pair of these gloves is safety. These gloves are specially designed and equipped to prevent sharp objects from penetrating into your hands as you slice, cut, dice, curve among other tasks. In the foodservice industry such as restaurants and food packaging plants, hand injuries are common. To improve employee productivity and ensure proper hygiene while handling food, cut resistant gloves are useful.
Cut Resistance Levels in Gloves
One of the most important factors in a pair of work gloves is the resistance level which is greatly determined by the material used to create the glove. The heavier the material used, the higher the level of cut resistance. Four things that influence the cut resistance level in material or fabric are strength, hardness, grip and rolling ability. The common standards used to gauge the level of protection in a glove are levels 1 to 5 where level 5 means that that work glove provides the high standard of cut protection.
Types of Cut Resistant Gloves
The easiest way to identify the different types of gloves out there is looking at the material used to make them. There are four common types that vary in strength, hardness, and grip. They are:
- Kevlar – It’s a synthetic fiber that’s heat resistant and is said to provide five times better protection than steel. It’s great for making gloves for high heat environments, automobile industries, and heavy food preparation.
- Dyneema – The greatest quality of gloves made using this material is that they are light in weight and one feels like they have a second skin on. They offer fifteen times better protection than steel and can be washed and reused many times. Due to their immense benefits, they often come with a high price tag.
- High-Performance Polyethylene (HPPE) – These are some of the most common work gloves that you will find in the market. They combine knitted materials and polyethylene fibers making them highly breathable and with a superior grip.
- Metal Mesh – Features interlocked strands of stainless steel and are the only type of work gloves known to provide puncture resistance. Since they don’t have any fabrics, they are long-lasting and can be used in heavy-duty work environments.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Cut Resistant Gloves
To pick the ideal gloves for ultimate hand protection, you need to have the following in mind;
- Work environment – You need to determine the amount of risk involved in the type of work being done. High-risk environments where sharp objects are common to require gloves with a higher cut resistance.
- Material – Depending on the type of work you are doing, you need to choose a glove with the appropriate material especially in terms of strength and weight.
- Fit – You have to get the right size of gloves that fit snugly on your hands to prevent them from slipping or distracting you as you work.
The importance of wearing a quality pair of cut resistant gloves as you work can’t be underestimated. Most of the accidents involving hands in the workplace are preventable. Increase the safety standards at work, in your home as you prepare food and carry out other tasks involving sharp tools. We hope that this review has shed light on the best cut resistant gloves that will provide ultimate protection as you work.