When one hears the term “zero gravity chair” they may thing that it’s something they can fly around into. Well, the truth is that they won’t take you to the sky but the feeling is pretty much the same. These chairs are designed to give a weightless feeling, allowing you to enjoy a comfortable rest for hours. You feel like you are seated on a cloud.
If you are looking for the best zero gravity chair for your living room, beach, patios, or pool sides, you need to conduct your research diligently to ensure you get something worthwhile. We have done the hard work for you, researching 13 cool gravity chairs that make the cut and some helpful tips that can help you do your shopping. Read on….
Top 13 Zero Gravity Chairs of 2020 Reviewed
- Top 13 Zero Gravity Chairs of 2020 Reviewed
- 1. Best Choice Products Set of Adjustable Zero Gravity Lounge Chair Recliners for Patio, Pool
- 2. AmazonBasics Zero Gravity Chair – Beige
- 3. Caravan Sports Infinity Zero Gravity Chair – Beige
- 4. Zero Gravity Chair – Blue
- 5. Best Choice Products Folding Zero Gravity Recliner Lounge Chair
- 6. PORTAL Oversized Mesh Back Zero Gravity Recliner Chairs
- 7. EVER ADVANCED Oversize XL Zero Gravity Recliner Padded Patio Lounger Chair
- 8. Timber Ridge Zero-Gravity Locking Patio Outdoor Lounger Chair
- 9. Heavy Duty Zero Gravity Outdoor Lounge Chairs
- 10. Best Choice Products Oversized Zero Gravity Reclining Lounge Patio Chair
- 11. LUCKYBERRY Padded Zero Gravity Lounge Chair
- 12. FOUR SEASONS Oversized XL Extra Wide Seat
- 13. EZCHEER Zero Gravity Chair Oversized
- How to Choose a Zero Gravity Chair – The Ultimate Buying Guide
1. Best Choice Products Set of Adjustable Zero Gravity Lounge Chair Recliners for Patio, PoolBest Zero Gravity Chair for Patio
When looking for an outdoor zero-gravity chair, you should consider its ability to resist the ravages of the elements. This particular brand of zero-gravity chairs is made of UV-resistant fabric meaning it can last in the outdoors for a long time to come.
It comes with a detachable tray where you can place your phones, tablets, magazines, and drinks. Talk about having a really relaxing time. The chair is ergonomically made to include an adjustable headrest. You can choose to either use it or remove it depending on your needs.
- Comes with a lockable reclining mechanism to suit any kind of body
- The removable and adjustable headrest ensures you are truly comfortable
- Foldable, portable for easy portability
- May not recline as far back as you might expect
- Prone to rusting when the metallic frames are exposed to the elements
- Some reviewers have complained about receiving defective chairs
2. AmazonBasics Zero Gravity Chair – BeigeBest Zero Gravity Chair with Double Bungee Support System
What are you looking for in an outdoor zero-gravity chair? If it is something that will make you weightless and optimally relaxed, this AmazonBasics Zero Gravity Chair is what you need. It can carry up to 300 pounds in weight.
The chair has a padded headrest and a pair of contoured armrests for extra comfort. It features a steel frame that’s powder-coated to make it rust-proof. Given the lightweight nature of the frame and the ease with which you can fold it, this chair is highly portable. Essentially, you can carry it back to the house after using it in the outdoors.
- Designed to be comfortable enough to leave you optimally comfortable
- Made of weather-proof Textile fabric
- Can carry a weight of up to 300 pounds
- Some users have complained about the bungee cords breaking after a short time of use
- May not last and long as you would expect
- The chair may not go as back as you would hope to experience zero gravity
3. Caravan Sports Infinity Zero Gravity Chair – Beige
Why should you buy a lounge chair that cannot withstand the ravages of outdoor use? The Caravan Sports Infinity Zero Gravity Chair is made of weather-proof Textilene fabric. Add to that the strong powder-coated steel frame and you have a highly-durable chair. For your comfort, the chair comes with lumbar support, adjustable headrest, and a lock-in recline function.
If you have a 300-pound weight or below, this chair is sturdy enough to support you. The good thing is that it is highly portable, given its ability to fold up to a paltry 6.3 inches. Whenever you need to use it in another location, all you have to do is fold and carry it.
- Has lumbar support and adjustable headrest to provide you with maximum comfort
- A foldable chair that’s highly portable
- The Textilene fabric is fully weather-proof
- Some reviewers have complained about the chair coming apart after a short time of use
- May not sit as upright as you would expect
- Does not come with a cup holder
4. Zero Gravity Chair – BlueBest Zero Gravity Chair with Adjustable Headrest
Are you looking for a reliable chair on which you can relax after a long day at work in the outdoors? If “yes”, then this Zero Gravity Chair is all you need. It is perfect for the upright, reclined, as well as zero gravity sitting positions. This chair provides the ultimate comfort, given the presence of armrests and a padded headrest.
Made of durable Textilene fabric, this chair is breathable, heat resistant, and non-stick. You will find this in a number of styles, even though it is predominantly blue. You can pick anything from grey to brown to beige to burgundy to black. One thing you will love about this chair is its high portability. It is made of a lightweight steel frame, which is foldable and easy to carry.
- Has armrests and a headrest for ultimate comfort
- Made of durable heat-resistant fabric
- Highly portable, given its lightweight steel structure
- Some reviewers have reported finding the chairs unsteady
- The steel structure may rust after exposure to wet weather
- Some users found the chairs to be too small
5. Best Choice Products Folding Zero Gravity Recliner Lounge ChairBest Zero Gravity Chair with Adjustable Canopy Shade
The best zero-gravity chair is ergonomically designed to provide you with maximum comfort. The Best Choice Products Folding Zero Gravity Recliner Lounge Chair comes with elastic cords that waste no time in adjusting to your body. Once you are settled into the chair, lean your head onto the comfy headrest pillow and pull up the adjustable canopy.
As the zero-gravity chair protects you against the sun, it resists the effects of UV rays. Thus, don’t expect the Textilene fabric to fade. On the detachable tray, you can place your tablets, phones, drinks, and magazines. There is no better way to relax by the poolside on a hot afternoon.
- Made of UV-resistant fabric that’s perfect for the outdoors
- Comes with an adjustable canopy shade for protection against the sun
- You can use the detachable tray to hold some of your items while relaxing
- Some users have complained about nuts and screws falling off
- The side locks may not work as well as you expect
- You may find it to be a little bit less sturdy
6. PORTAL Oversized Mesh Back Zero Gravity Recliner ChairsBest Zero Gravity Chair with Lumbar Support
If you are a tall person, finding a chair that can accommodate you can be a big hassle. Luckily, the PORTAL Oversized Mesh Back Zero Gravity Recliner Chairs are made with people who are 6.2 inches tall in mind. If you are tall and heavy as well, you can get solace in the fact that this chair has been constructed to carry at most 350 pounds.
What’s surprising is that even with that kind of load, it still has the capacity to recline to a maximum angle of 170 degrees. So, expect this chair to provide you with the ultimate zero-gravity experience. It comes with a padded seat, mesh back, lumbar support, headrest, and side table. What more would you want in a zero-gravity chair?
- Easily foldable and portable for all kinds of occasions
- Highly comfortable thanks to its ergonomic design
- Has a reclining ability of up to 170 degrees
- Not clear if the material from which it is made is weatherproof
- May not provide the perfect zero-gravity experience
- A little more expensive than similar chairs
7. EVER ADVANCED Oversize XL Zero Gravity Recliner Padded Patio Lounger ChairBest Premium Adjustable Zero Gravity Chair
Where in your home do you need a zero-gravity chair? Is it the balcony, yard or poolside? With the EVER ADVANCED Oversize XL Zero Gravity Recliner Padded Chair, you can use it in all those places and the beach too. The seat is fully padded and the headrest pillow fully adjustable for extra comfort.
It also comes with lumbar support and a cup holder on the side. Talk about an all-in-one chair that provides the full package for a relaxed weekend afternoon. This chair can accommodate people with a maximum weight of 350 pounds and a height of 6 feet 2 inches. The adjustable recline function can go up to 170 degrees.
- The recliner is adjustable for up to 170 degrees
- Easily foldable and portable
- A large-sized zero gravity chair that can accommodate the tallest individuals
- Not clear if the material from which it is made is weatherproof
- May not provide the ultimate zero-gravity experience
- The price is on the higher side
8. Timber Ridge Zero-Gravity Locking Patio Outdoor Lounger ChairBest Oversize Zero Gravity Chair
If you are one of those people who find a normal-sized chair to be too small, here is an oversized option. It is an extra-large chair that can accommodate up to 350 pounds in weight and 6 feet 2 inches in height. If you are wondering why you need this chair, try the smaller options.
The reclining feature is adjustable, such that it can range from an upright to a laid-back position. Once you have reached the position you want, simply toggle the locking mechanism to hold the chair in place. For extra comfortable relaxation, the chair has lumbar support, wooden armrest, and headrest.
- Has an easy locking system so that you can recline to any position
- Can carry a weight of up to 350 pounds
- Designed to provide the most comfortable relaxation anywhere
- May not be fully a zero-gravity chair
- Some reviewers have complained about the knees being too low
- May not be very comfortable for you
9. Heavy Duty Zero Gravity Outdoor Lounge Chairs
Are you planning to carry your zero-gravity chair to the beach? If “yes”, then you need a chair with an adjustable canopy. That way, you can ward off the UV rays from the hot sun. But the Heavy Duty Zero Gravity Outdoor Lounge Chairs are not just about that.
They also feature a head pillow and side table for holding tablets, phones, and beverages. On top of that, the chair has an elastic cord for extra support and comfort to your body. The steel frame is powder-coated to resist rust. When you add to it the Textilene mesh, you have a highly-durable chair to deal with.
- Made of powder-coated, rust-proof steel frames
- Makes it easier for you to relax without pressurizing your spine
- Has the ability to recline to an angle of up to 166 degrees
- The backrest and footrest tend to move in tandem, making the chair uncomfortable
- It may not be a fully zero-gravity chair
- Some reviewers have complained about this chair being poorly designed
10. Best Choice Products Oversized Zero Gravity Reclining Lounge Patio ChairBest Zero Gravity Chair with Extra Wide Seat
This zero-gravity is over sized both in terms of the height and width. It is suitable for taller than average individuals and those with a wide circumference. The chair can accommodate up to 250 pounds in weight. Thanks to the elastic cords, this chair remains comfortable no matter how light or heavy you are.
It comes with a headrest pillow and an adjustable canopy. There’s nowhere else you can find a truly comfortable zero-gravity chair. Like most of the best zero gravity chairs, this particular one is made if durable Textile fabric.
- Made of weatherproof Textile fabric
- The cup holder tray makes is great for holding tablets, phones, magazines, and drinks
- Foldable and lightweight for easy transport
- May appear to be poorly finished due to hanging threads
- You might find the footrest to be too short
- May not provide the full zero-gravity experience
11. LUCKYBERRY Padded Zero Gravity Lounge Chair
When relaxing in the outdoors, you are likely to carry with your phone, tablet, magazine or drink. Obviously, you need somewhere to put these items. This zero-gravity chair comes with an adjustable cup holder for your convenience. It is designed in full cognizance of the natural human body shape.
Depending on the level of comfort you want, simply recline the chair and lock it at a certain angle. Not only will you feel comfortable but you will also gain relief from back pain. This chair has a capacity of up to 300 pounds, making it strong enough for people in all weight categories.
- Has a carrying capacity of up to 300 pounds
- Designed to provide maximum comfort when you are relaxed
- A multi-functional chair for use in the patio, poolside or inside the house
- May not accommodate individuals with above-average height
- Some users have found the chairs to be very hard and uncomfortable
- Does not maintain its shape when locked up
12. FOUR SEASONS Oversized XL Extra Wide SeatBest Heavy Duty Oversized Zero Gravity Chair
Why buy a zero-gravity chair that feels uncomfortable? The FOUR SEASONS Oversized XL Extra Wide Seat comes with an adjustable headrest for extra comfort. You can adjust it to up to 40 seating positions for a maximum of 166 degrees.
It doesn’t matter if you are using it at the poolside, backyard or patio. Regardless of how heavy you are, this zero-gravity will carry you, given its 330-pound capacity. The frame is made of powder-coated steel, which is rust-proof. Only that this chair isn’t suitable for hot, wet, and humid conditions.
- Features a powder-coated steel frame, which is rust-proof
- Adjustable to multiple sitting positions depending on your personal preference
- Can carry up to 330 pounds of weight
- May not last long when used in hot, wet, and humid conditions
- Due to the low level at which it rests, the chair may prove too hard to get out of
- May not provide the full zero-gravity experience
13. EZCHEER Zero Gravity Chair Oversized
This is perhaps the zero-gravity chair with the highest weight capacity. It can carry up to 420 pounds in weight. The chair is also wide enough to carry people of all sizes. Given that this chair can bear an 800-pound impact, it is perhaps more stable than any of the other chairs on the market.
It reclines to an angle of up to 170 degrees. As the backrest goes lower, the legs are raised to prevent unnecessary pressure on the back. You can use it virtually anywhere including your home or office.
- Has the highest carrying capacity at 420 pounds
- Features an adjustable side-table for holding magazines, cell phones, and beverages
- Comes with lumbar, head, and neck support
- May not provide the full zero-gravity experience
- Some reviewers have complained about the leg rest not being elevated enough
- The moving parts may require some greasing to work properly
How to Choose a Zero Gravity Chair – The Ultimate Buying Guide
If you are looking for a nice, relaxed feeling in the outdoors, you should consider buying a zero gravity chair. It gives you a nice feeling, perhaps even better than a hammock. To accomplish that, there are some factors you must consider. Key among them if the type of chair. Also look at the weight capacity, recline positions, locking mechanism, storage, portability, weight, and dimensions. We discuss these factors in greater detail below:
There are different types of zero gravity chairs depending on the design and ability to serve your needs. As such, you may have to choose between outdoor chairs and indoor massage chairs. Here’s a detailed look at each of the two types of zero gravity chairs:
- Outdoor Chairs. Since they are made for use in the outdoors, this kind of chairs is made of weatherproof covers. You will find some that are suitable for the garden and others great for the beach. So think about how you want to use a zero gravity chair before choosing one. If you will be carrying the chair on your trip to the beach, you should ensure it is as lightweight as possible.
- Indoor Chairs. Zero gravity chairs for indoor use will obviously be very different from their outdoors counterparts. They do not require to be made of weatherproof materials. Such chairs are great for massage. If you are tired after a long day at work, you can relax in one and watch as the night comes. How else would you want to relax?
How much weight can the zero gravity chair you intend to buy hold? The answer to that question is dependent on the size and height of the chair. While there are chairs which can hold weight up to a certain extent, others have a weight capacity of more than 400 pounds. Of course, the weight capacity of the chair should be such that you can comfortably sit on it. Check the dimensions and confirm if the chair has adjustable parts.
The best zero gravity chair is one that can be adjusted to different angles and positions. To ensure you are protected, these chairs have a locking mechanism. Thus, you can recline the chair to a given angle and lock it there. While many chairs have a manually operated recline mechanism, others are remotely controlled. If you are at home with using a lever to move your chair from one position to another, then buy a manually operated one.
Ease of Storage
Since a zero gravity chair isn’t meant for everyday use, you need space to store it. So it makes sense to buy a chair that’s is easy to carry and store. If you need the chair for outdoor use, make sure it is portable. Look at the dimensions of the chair to be sure if your space will be able to accommodate it. Think about the ease with which you will be able to carry it in your vehicle on a trip to the beach.
Dimensions and Allowance for Leg Rest
For people of average height, the dimensions of a zero gravity chair don’t really matter. If you are of a taller height, the variety of choices is much narrower. But that doesn’t mean you will fail to find a chair you can use. If the model has a leg rest, take it. You can use such a chair regardless of your height. Also, check out the dimensions. In addition to helping you know if it will accommodate you, dimensions determine where you will store the chair.
Weight of Chair
To know if you will be able to easily transport the chair, you need a good understanding of its weight. Buy lightweight zero gravity chairs if you intend to use them in the outdoors. If it is for indoor use, the weight doesn’t really matter. That’s especially if you use the chair only in a specific location.
What kind of material do you want your zero gravity chair to be made of? Is it leather or synthetic materials? If you intend to use the chair on the outdoors, having weatherproof material should be a top priority. If you want a chair that’s easier to maintain, then pick one that’s made of synthetic material. If maintenance is not an issue, then buy one made of leather.
Have you found the Zero-gravity chair you are looking for? Using the list and buying guide provided above should make your search easy. With the right pick, not only will you enjoy a great time outdoors, relaxing as you sip your wine or enjoy the sun, you will also be able to reduce pain that comes with uncomfortable chairs.
If you’re after recliner chairs instead, check out Recliner Life.