Nothing beats the feeling of sitting around a campfire, roasting some marshmallows with family or friends as you laugh and watch the stars. How about sitting around an outdoor fire pit in your backyard or patio as you make jokes with your loved ones and laugh the night away? It’s amazing and it’s such happy moments that make life worth living. With an outdoor smolder, you will get to enjoy a warm cozy sitting as you share happy thoughts with those you hold dear.
When stepping out to shop for an outdoor fire pit, you need to keep a number of factors in mind so that you may get the best outdoor fire pits for money. There are many types of fire pits in the market which range from a simple bowl to complex multilevel fire appliances. You need to keep in mind where you want your fire pit located and have an idea about the best materials that the item needs to have.
Top 10 Outdoor Fire Pits Of 2020 Reviewed
1. Landmann 23875 Fire PitBest Cut Out Design
Your family gatherings will never be boring again with this Landman fire pit which has beautiful decorative cutouts to make the meet up more interesting. The cutouts come in four designs; deer tracks, fire dance, fire wave, and fire wave short. The body of the fire pit is made of sturdy steel that will give long term service with its durability.
The fire pit is designed to be functional in a user-friendly manner. The parts are easy to assemble without any complicated pieces to put together. It also has a full diameter ring that is built to provide safe and easy transportation. At the top, the smolder has a spark screen which is designed to contain the ember flames. It also has a full-time glaze for cooking your loved ones with a 37-inch fire poker. Its legs are sturdily built of steel for increased stability.
- Durable steel construction
- Easy and safe transportation
- Small in size
- Fire cover doesn’t extend to the sides
- May rust out if left in the open for long
2. Outland Living Series 410Best High-End Fire Pit
The first thing that will strike you about this fire table is its exquisite design. Its square fire table is unique and will definitely make a unique outdoor centerpiece in your backyard. It’s made of Ultraviolet Light High-Density Polyethylene material which is weather resistant and will give you years of quality service. The base is made of powdered aluminum which is light but very stable.
The fire table also has loads of convenience features such as a chrome plated valve knob which helps you to easily adjust the height and beautiful chrome rings that help you easily access the inner compartment. It also comes with a sturdily built burner made of stainless steel and an automatic ignition provides 42,500 BTU/HR through a propane gas tank.
You will love the flame produced by this fire table since it has decorative glass rock that reflects when the flames are up making it a gorgeous work of art. The top is made of tempered glass which adds to the magnificence of this fire table. It also comes with 3’ hose with a regulator but doesn’t include a propane gas tank.
- Unique design
- Increased functionality
- Sturdy steel construction
- Doesn’t include propane gas tank
- Doesn’t come with a cover
3. Outland Firebowl 883 Fire PitBest For Campfires
No more ash and troublesome smoke when enjoying your outdoor fire with this propane gas fire pit. It’s light in weight, easy to use and portable. The design allows for easy assembly without any tools necessary for the assembly. This campfire pit is designed to provide a smokeless experience while providing you with realistic flames to give your evening an amazing ambiance.
Outland is a brand committed to consumer safety and this is evident in this product with a CSA certification that allows you to use even during campfire bans since it doesn’t produce any sparks that may cause fires at campsites or in the forest. For increased functionality, this fire pit comes with 10 feet hose which helps keep the propane gas tank at a safe distance when the fire is on. It also comes with an adjustable regulator with a chrome knob to help adjust the height of the flame.
For an advanced flickering effect, the fire bowl has 6.6 pounds of natural lava rock. It also comes with UV and weather resistant cover to help keep it safe when not in use. Once you manually ignite this functional fire pit, you will be guaranteed to make amazing memories with your loved ones.
- Easy assembly
- Operates even when there’s campfire ban
- Comes with a cover
- Doesn’t radiate true heat
- Some have complaints about the height of the flame
- Has to be ignited manually
4. Bond Manufacturing 40 BTU Fire PitBest Natural Lava Rock Fire Pit
The Bond brand has been providing outdoor lovers with awesome bonding experiences for over seventy years. With a heat output of 40,000 BTU, the fire bowl generates a good amount of warmth and heat. The stainless steel burner is covered in natural lava rock which produces a good background for the flames. The fire bowl stands on a sturdily built Envirostone that’s useful for outdoor use.
Equipped with a pulse ignitor, the fire bowl is easy to switch on and put out the flames. It also has a knob to conveniently adjust the height of the fire flame. The outdoor smolder is fueled by a propane gas tank which you have to purchase separately. To protect the fire pit from UV and other harsh elements, it has a ProCoat coating system which prevents fading or cracking. It comes into unique designs; New Castle and FairHaven.
- Generates a good amount of warmth and light
- Coated to protect against the harsh element
- Easy to ignite and extinguish
- Contains lead and lead elements
- May produce carbon monoxide
- Heat may not be evenly distributed
5. TACKLIFE Gas Fire TableBest Table Top Design
For a safe and memorable bonfire experience, it will be a great idea of investing in this fancy looking, CSA-certified fire table. For fuel, it used liquid propane which provides a stable and clean flame that doesn’t leave any ash or smog. With a heat output of 50,000 BTU, you will get adequate heat to keep everyone warm around it. It has sturdy steel construction that’s designed to withstand the outdoors and last for a long time. For durability, the burner and control panel are constructed of stainless steel.
The fire table easily turns on through the ignition control switch that also helps with adjusting the height of the flame. TACKLE is reputable for unique craftsmanship which is evident on this fire table whose flat top has been passed through multiple processes of spray coating with rust proof paint and beautiful hand painted red gold exterior. It’s also very easy to access the inner compartment. Includes a 20-foot hose and a two-year warranty.
- Expert craftsmanship
- Stable and clean flame
- May take time to assemble
- Consumes a considerable amount of gas
- Doesn’t include a gas tank
6. AZ Patio Heaters Fire PitBest Square Top Design
With a beautiful antique bronze finish and a masterly crafted tabletop design, this fire table is just what your patio needs. It has a battery operated pulse ignition that helps start up a heat output of 40,000 BTU that can provide warmth for up to 15 feet radius. It has a clear glass cover and a bowl of glass beads at the middle. Below the table top is a double door that helps to easily access the propane gas tank which you have to purchase separately.
- Blends in easily with all patio furniture
- Great heat output
- Easy to use pulse ignition
- Assembly is a headache
- Quite tall
7. BestMassage 24″ Fire PitBest Portable Design
If you love minimalism, then you will be impressed by this fire pit’s minimalist design that makes assembly and fast. The stylish design has beautiful cutouts that help illuminate the flames creating an excellent ambience and ensures a consistent supply of air to keep the flames up. It’s sturdily built using powder coated steel that resists rust and harsh weather elements for increased durability.
For safety, the fire pit comes with a cover that helps contain sparks from flying around and the burning embers from escaping. It also has 3 sturdily built steel legs for improved stability and increased support. The fire bowl also comes with a poker for the fire and is easily portable wherever you want to have an outdoor fire.
- Safety cover
- Sturdily built legs
- Weather and rust resistant
- Grill plate has to be bought separately
- Not smokeless
- Assembly takes some time
8. Solo Stove Bonfire Fire PitBest Fire Stove
You can now say goodbye to dodging smoke around the bonfire with this fire stove that comes in an impressive minimalist design and improved airflow efficiency for better combustion. Its master craftsmanship has a unique design and a pending patent that makes it stand out from the rest. The double wall design helps to improve the combustion process with holes at the bottom to let in air and channel warm oxygen up to the stove.
Due to improved combustion, there’s minimal smoke and improved burning of the logs. Since it has a singular construction, there’s no need for many different parts hence no assembly required. It comes in a carrying case for easy portability.
- Efficient air flow thus less smoke
- Improved combustion
- No assembly required
- The base plate may deteriorate fast
- May rust if not covered
9. Yaheetech 32″ Outdoor Metal Firepit Square
Designed to provide a complete outdoor experience, this fire pit square is multipurpose since it allows you to keep warm as it cools your beverages and allows you to barbeque. It has a 32 inch wide square tabletop with easy access to food and drinks. The center has a sizeable fire area which comes with a mesh rid to contain the sparks from flying all over the place. It also has an insulated poker that is used to stoke the fire and lift the mesh lid.
Its high-quality iron construction is built to last with a cover to help protect it from harsh outdoor elements and rusting when not in use. It also comes with an easy to understand manual and all the assembly equipment to help you set it up easily and quickly.
- Easy to assemble
- Easy access to food and drinks
- Its paint peels off after several uses
- Doesn’t come with a barbeque shelf
- Its side can get hot
10. Sunward Portable Outdoor Patio
With a diameter of 19 inches, this Sunward fire pit comes in a compact and lightweight design that makes it easy to carry around wherever you need to create an outdoor fire. It has a powerful heat out the output of 58,000 BTU that will provide you with adequate warmth while emitting a smokeless flame which is safe for even cooking over. Designed to slow burn for up to 24 hours on a 5-gallon propane gas tank.
The package includes a waterproof with a carrying strap for easy storage and transportation. It also comes with a 10 feet gas line and regulator with a propane tank stabilizer and handles for easy portability.
- Easy to transport and use
- Slow burns for improved efficiency
- Adequate warmth
- Not ideal for a large crowd
- Doesn’t have an electric starter
- May consume a considerable amount of gas
How to Choose the Best Outdoor Fire Pits: The Ultimate Buying Guide
Hosting a group of friends or loved ones in your backyard as you barbeque ribs and burgers is an amazing experience. Going camping and sitting by the bonfire telling stories and roasting marshmallows helps create lifetime memories. There’s just something about sitting around a fire with loved ones that help your heart to relax and burst with joy at the amount of love and happy times in the air.
But it so happens that this time may be interrupted and even made boring if your crowd has to keep dodging smoke and sparks as the firewood crackles away. To avoid such things, you need to invest in an outdoor fire pit (and indoor fireplace as well) which is a modern bonfire appliance that’s specially designed to provide adequate warmth through a bonfire minus the smoke and ash that comes with traditional bonfires.
Types of Outdoor Fire Pits
- Wood Burning Fire Pits – These provide you with warmth just like a traditional bonfire and have real smoke only that it’s contained. They may come in the form of a wood-burning grill that even allows you to grill food, an outdoor fireplace which resembles an indoor fireplace but has a portable design. They have real flames but are high maintenance.
- Propane Fire Pits – Using such fire pits provides you with convenience and give you a beautiful clean flame without keeping on loading wood. They are usually large in size and act as the focal point of your patio.
- Gel Fuel Fire Pits – These produce clean flames and warmth by combusting the gel. They may take the form of gel-fueled logs which conceal the gel fuel inside the logs or a tabletop fireplace which are small and easily portable.
- Natural Gas Fire Pits – They operate in a similar way to their propane counterparts but are mostly permanent fixtures in your patio. They may have a sunken design or a square/tabletop design.
Factors To Consider When Buying an Outdoor Fire Pit
- Space – Depending on the space available in your backyard, you may opt to go for a large or small fire pit.
- Use – Depending on the outdoor activity, you may opt or different designs. For example for camping, you may need to have a portable fire pit that’s fuel efficient.
- Safety – It’s important to consider the safety of the fire pit, as well as the crowd around the fireplace since flying sparks and the flames are a fire hazard. Go for a fire pit with a cover which helps contain the sparks and burning embers.
All in all, you bonding over a bonfire will never be boring and smoky again once you invest in an outdoor fire pit. Not only will a fire pit bring ambiance to your patio/backyard but it will keep the crowd warm without covering them in smoke. Hopefully, our review has provided you with insight on the best outdoor fire pits and will go a long way in helping you pick one that will a long service of memorable bonfires with family and friends.